****Star Trek: Strange New Worlds****

15,366 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiMi
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was pleasantly surprised by the Muppet episode. Was expecting a full on disaster, but it was actually quite watchable and had a point behind the whole thing.

Not to mention the Jim Henson team are masters and geniuses with what they do.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the show is really well cast which of course adds a lot. Spock, James Kirk, Scotty, M'Benga - all great. (The blind engineer in season one also) I don't really dislike anyone.
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree. The cast of Discovery was pretty much forgettable. Other than Michael and Saru, I can't name a single one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting episode. Joe Morton was fantastic as Admiral Reeder
Ag87H2O
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Interesting episode. Joe Morton was fantastic as Admiral Reeder

I love that they brought Kirk into the episode and gave the backstory of his father, as well as the interactions with his future crew members. I don't know if it will happen, but you can certainly see them setting up the next iteration after SNW and getting back to a series with the original crew of Star Trek.
"Well, doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic, if you can keep it" - Benjamin Franklin
HalifaxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Mathguy64 said:

Interesting episode. Joe Morton was fantastic as Admiral Reeder

I love that they brought Kirk into the episode and gave the backstory of his father, as well as the interactions with his future crew members. I don't know if it will happen, but you can certainly see them setting up the next iteration after SNW and getting back to a series with the original crew of Star Trek.


I hope they can keep it together. Obviously Mbenga is leaving, would be interesting to see the new Bones and Spock relationship
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just watched "Off Hour" which I thought was a really good episode. Interesting. Suspenseful. Great moments for Chapel and Scotty.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Interesting episode. Joe Morton was fantastic as Admiral Reeder

The showdown between Reeder and Kirk was really good.
One Eyed Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mbenga doesn't have to leave, he is in TOS. he just isn't CHIEF Medical officer, Bones is. but he is in a couple episodes. But there was the other doctor as well in "the Cage"
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The doc from "The Cage" is the one that treated Number One's broken leg a few episodes back, I believe.
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

Mathguy64 said:

Interesting episode. Joe Morton was fantastic as Admiral Reeder

The showdown between Reeder and Kirk was really good.


I was getting Colonel Jessup vibes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crimson Tide
rjhtamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
…and we went from that to Princess Bride.. ahem La'an.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leave the story aside, the way the Paul Wesley played Kirk with the awkward pauses in his inflection was amazing.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I enjoyed the season 4 finale. Sets up the final season nicely.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.