*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,406 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
torrid said:

AMC+ cancelled.

Roku app had been working fine for all the episodes since the break. Then right in the middle of the scene with Walt, "invalid token" and a blank screen. It took me at least half an hour to get logged back in.

AMC, you are never going to have a show this big again. This was your opportunity to show what you got and try to keep streaming customers, and you screwed the pooch. Eff off.

Edit. Oh this was a streaming issue. Did others have the same problem?
jetch17
AG
Leto Agtreides II said:

Thought it was really good overall but the scene with the inmates chanting on the bus was terrible

I guess between that and showing he's got 'it made' enough while in prison baking artisan breads and finger gunning all the guys, his stay will be bearable
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Leto Agtreides II said:

Thought it was really good overall but the scene with the inmates chanting on the bus was terrible
I liked that scene. He was trying to get back to being Jimmy introducing himself as such and all those hardened criminals that were the types he would defend as Saul all recognized him and to them he was the MAN so even then he couldn't escape being Saul Goodman.
I liked the scene. I think it was a way to show the viewer that JImmy was going to be ok in prison. The inmates liked him and he already had a rep when he got there.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The only thing, and I mean only thing, that could have made this finale better is if they had shown Kim breaking up with Yep Yep

**** that guy
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just edited my post saying pretty much the same thing.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Just edited my post saying pretty much the same thing.
Saw that when I went back to read other replies. Great minds think alike.

I think this was the best ending they could have. Saul can't be dead and can't run forever. It's closure and the story is over. No coming back, for Saul anyway.
oragator
Interview with Peter.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/better-call-saul-series-finale-explained-creator-interview-1394766/
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
The guy who plays Oakley did a great job in the finale. Underrated character
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
oragator said:

Interview with Peter.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/better-call-saul-series-finale-explained-creator-interview-1394766/

Can you paste it? Paywall'd
JD Shellnut
AG
Surprised Kim wasn't disbarred in New Mexico after confessing to all that Howard business.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

The guy who plays Oakley did a great job in the finale. Underrated character
I burst out laughing when he requested to remove himself from the situation. He just wanted out of there!
GreasenUSA
AG

oragator said:

Interview with Peter.

Can you paste it? Paywall'd
http://archive.today/zyekU
DannyDuberstein
AG
JD Shellnut said:

Surprised Kim wasn't disbarred in New Mexico after confessing to all that Howard business.

She already resigned from the bar before. She just used her bar ID card to get access because it doesn't have an expiration date. So she basically conned her way in to see him
Seven Costanza
AG
I wonder if they had Marie wearing purple despite it being in black and white.
Hey Nav
AG
Did Jimmy / Saul wind up at his requested prison?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hey Nav said:

No, he ended up at the one he didn't want (depending on how you look at it)
johnnyblaze36
AG
How is there no Talking Saul after the series finale? That seems odd.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Btw, credit for good behavior at the federal level maxes out at 54 days per year. So Jimmy would have to do nearly 75 years anyway, hence the joke/sarcasm when they mentioned that
johnnyblaze36
AG
Also found it funny that Gene fines himself in the deepest **** of his life and his first phone call in jail is to the Cinnabon store. That'd have been the least of my concerns.
mazzag
AG
Marie was a lazy excuse. Saul has nothing to do with hank and gomie dying. But I loved it. And I hope Marie isn't a clepto these days.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Hey Nav said:

Butner Low is located in the beautiful research triangle of Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill. It's crazy he traded that in for the Alcatraz of the Rockies
Crocs
AG
Saw these two tweets that add to my love of the finale. Hope they do the same for you guys too.

Complete Idiot
Very well done, difficult tap dance to an ending that is "true" to the story and characters while giving fans some character redemption and hope for Kim's future and even Jimmy's. Saul deserved jail time and he stated facts in court, Kim was back to legal volunteering and got some closure, the chanting and kitchen scene showing Jimmy will have decent jail life - relatively. Got Marie, Walt, Mike, and Chuck in scenes - never would have predicted that. It's a very difficult thing to do, basically an ending to what, 14 years in this TV universe?, and they did it as well as one could hope - for this fan anyway.

Farewell to this particular TV universe.

CoolAggie
AG
Loved the series finale. In my opinion, this show surpassed Breaking Bad. As much as I'm gonna miss the BB/BCS universe, I kinda hope this is it and that they ride into the sunset.

For now, gonna have a Cinnabon and a cig for ol' times sake next Monday.
Post removed:
by user
not hedge
Hey David chase this is how you do a prequel
CoolAggie
AG
…and a mother effing series finale.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow. That felt truly and properly epic, a very befitting finale for this series and for this universe as a whole. Absolutely loved seeing how they wove all our old characters into the episode, even Marie which was unexpected.

I thought for sure Saul had one final trick up his sleeve during the hearing, and was also slightly worried he was gonna throw Kim under the bus somehow. Was relieved about the latter, but pretty surprised about the former. That was a great swerve. I guess his one final con was getting them down to 7 years, and that in itself was all he wanted.

You have to give them props for being able to give us the unexpected, up to the end. Though I will admit I wish it had ended with him getting out of prison and starting out with a clean slate. But in the back of my mind I knew it couldn't possibly end on a "happy" note.

Overall I think this was a great, albeit bittersweet finale, but it rings so true to what this show has been from the start. Couldn't have asked for more.

Side note: When Kim is having lunch with her co-workers in Florida, the street they mentioned that restaurant was on is the street my office is on. (I live in Central Florida in the same town Kim lives, or one town over.) Gotta love the attention to detail for even the smallest of details. Shows the kind of love and attention the writers put into this.

Man, I'm gonna miss this universe.
Cromagnum
AG
Did anyone catch the guardrail in the courtroom that made it look like Kim was in the crosshairs?
PatAg
AG
Leto Agtreides II said:

I thought the rhythm they chose to do the chant to was very odd (maybe im missing a reference) but them chanting his name seems very on point.
Dude for sure had a great rep with the criminal element of the greater ABQ area.
Then they all find out he was also a big time criminal in his own right
torrid
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Hey Nav said:

"ADX Montrose" seemed to be a reference to ADX Florence where they stash people like the Unabomber. However, it didn't look like people were being held in solitary confinement. And Montrose probably meant the town in Colorado and not someplace else.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I thought for sure Saul had one final trick up his sleeve during the hearing, and was also slightly worried he was gonna throw Kim under the bus somehow.
I thought he was 100% going to throw her under the bus to save his own ass.
Teddy Perkins
AG
They stuck the landing, in the best, most BCS-way possible. There's going to be a huge hole in TV now that this series and universe are over. What a fantastic ride.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.