***** Ted Lasso S2 Thread *****

166,467 Views | 1385 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boogieman
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First episode of the new season hits Apple TV on July 23rd. Following an episode a week release schedule, not sure what time they drop those nights. Looked and didn't see a new thread, so here we go!

FYI there will be spoilers here after new episodes drop each week. You've been warned.

S2 trailer -

S1 thread here - https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3131172
helgs
AG
Just finished season 1 for the first time. Looking forward to season 2!
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Episode should drop in 2 hrs
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeffk
AG
Oh wow, it's so good to have this show back.
scoop12
AG
Love this show. Started a little off I thought as they tried to land too many cutesy jokes too often but got into a good groove about halfway for me. Retired Roy is going to be great and can't wait to see where they take this dutch character.
zip90
AG
Watched Ep 1 this morning over coffee with the Wife and the episode felt like it was forced.

The flow was not as natural as last season.

Still a few great moments, and I hope it gets back on track.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Yeah, felt a bit like they were trying to do their best impersonation of a Ted Lasso episode.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OldArmy71
AG
I enjoyed it. I'm not a real fan of actually visiting one of Roy's yoga parties. Something better left to the imagination, I think. I thought Roy's rant to Rebecca was very well done.
jeffk
AG
Comedies pretty regularly seem to lean too far into what people enjoyed about them. Not sure if it's actually a change with writing or if viewers are just no longer caught by surprise by jokes or gags or whatever.
DropDemNuggetz
AG
Just watched it. Seemed pretty consistent with the entire first season. While I enjoyed the first season I definitely felt it might get old eventually. Sounds like that may be already happening for some of you
Thisguy1
Thought it was great. Lots of laughs and started setting up some storylines. Annoyed they didn't release them all at once.
rynning
AG
Solid first episode. Laugh out loud moments while feeling understated. Good setup if nothing else.
rynning
AG
Double post
jeffk
AG
Futbol is death.
RebAg13
AG
Enjoyed it. Season 1 started a little slow for me before becoming my favorite show.
agdoc2001
AG
Meh. Rough start.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What's Roy Kent's history? Hadn't he played at bigger clubs and was now winding down his career with Richmond? His utter contempt he showed for Rebecca's date who supports, "United, City, whoever is winning at the moment." was delicious.
jeffk
AG
I think they mentioned he'd won the league with someone else at some point, but not sure they ever said a club. But yeah, the date basically dropping that he's a bandwagon jumper was incredible.
AgLaw
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

What's Roy Kent's history? Hadn't he played at bigger clubs and was now winding down his career with Richmond? His utter contempt he showed for Rebecca's date who supports, "United, City, whoever is winning at the moment." was delicious.

That's correct, and apparently the character is based on a real player, Roy Keane. That guy must have been a real peach.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I can see that. He basically ended a guys career with a high tackle over him taunting him years earlier.
La Fours
AG
Stopping any waiter/waitress that walked by to order another drink.
RebAg13
AG
jeffk said:

I think they mentioned he'd won the league with someone else at some point, but not sure they ever said a club. But yeah, the date basically dropping that he's a bandwagon jumper was incredible.

They said it was Chelsea
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
bigjag19
AG
Correct on mentioning Chelsea early on about him.

I enjoyed the yoga club and their love of Tartt. Sets that up nicely as mentioned they don't know anything about the sport.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Started a little like I was afraid it would but I think they started to settle in at the tail end of the episode. Roy's speech towards Rebecca was perfect and a great example of what made the first season so great. Dr Fieldstone will be a great foil towards Ted and I'm looking forward to how that progresses and he deals with the emotional fallout of his divorce
jeffk
AG
RebAg13 said:

jeffk said:

They said it was Chelsea

Never heard of her.
bigjag19
AG
jeffk said:

RebAg13 said:

jeffk said:

They said it was Chelsea

Never heard of her.

Ugly broad. Daughter of criminal masterminds.
979ag
AG
I've watched the first season 3 times through within the past 5 months, so I feel like season 2 started off about as expected with it being so fresh on my mind. I'm very interested to see how the physiologist plays into the story development. I'm not sure if I like the potential pathways for the season to go with her involved.

The bright spot for me in episode one was in the press conference. "It's funny to think about how the things in your life that can make you cry just knowing they existed, can then become the same things that make you cry knowing that they're now gone. Those things come into our lives to help us get from one place to a better one."

What a great quote and moment. A line that I don't think I'll ever forget
jeffk
AG
Definitely a great moment.
AgGrad99
AG
Doesn't really have its legs yet, but a pretty good start.
PatAg
AG
Not sure what some of you are on about, that episode felt exactly like season 1.
spadilly
S
Can I get real a second?
Forget my meal a second?
Put down your beer and tell your buddy how you feel a second?

ConsolTigerAg92
AG
They can spread the Tedisms out a bit more for my taste. Several of them felt forced.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
PatAg said:

Not sure what some of you are on about, that episode felt exactly like season 1.
Totally agree. So many odd posts from this first episode.
Rudyjax
AG
My office. Bonus points to those who can reference all three items.
AgLaw
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

My office. Bonus points to those who can reference all three items.
1. Lasso
2. Karate Kid
3. George Harrison

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.