HBO White Lotus

40,120 Views | 302 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by MooreTrucker
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is good to get the thread back on track....
Potcake
AG
Sex Panther said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Pretty solid finale and I'm fairly satisfied with how everything was tied up, with one minor gripe that we never saw what happened with Kai.

He's going to prison

And Paula has herself to blame but thinks somehow she's noble and the Mossbacher's are the "villains". She ruined this guy's life but because her intentions were noble she seemed to get over it fairly quick. And its back to reading books on colonialism...

Paula is the biggest piece of **** in the entire show... minus Armond's actual ****

Wife and I are friends with a real life Paula. Hypocrite to the core. Hispanic, adopted as a child by a white family, lesbian married to a white girl, selected blonde white guy as sperm donor. Yet every time we're around them it's all about how men and white poeple are horrible. Definitely a Paula.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think we know the same person.
Potcake
c-jags
that's a heck of a non-thread related bump.
Potcake
AG
I was late to the game and only watched the series in the last week finishing last night.
Sex Panther
AG
LawHall88 said:

For you Sydney Sweeney fans:

This is a fantastic movie... and by fantastic I mean not good but Sweeney shows the hammers a ton
Objective Aggie
AG
Just watched season 1.

(1) whole thing felt like an off the rails Wes Anderson movie
(2) every character was so quirky and flawed save for Belinda and Kai
(3) movie literally had you guessing every direction and you never knew what was coming
(4) fake Ed Helms became Ed Helms at some point
(5) lots of hate on this thread for Tanya but with all her flaws, and all her issues, she was one of the most self aware. So much so that she tried to break up with the cough guy and just avoid the pain. I thought she was intriguing.

Really liked the show. Six episodes felt perfect.
Robert L. Peters
Caught the last episode last night. This is my favorite show by far. I don't binge shows, but I think I could binge this
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Objective Aggie
AG
StinkyPinky
AG
Late to the game with this one. Finished final episode last night. Loved it, not sure why. My wife asked, so what was that really all about? Who cares, was fun to watch it unfold without having and really expectation of what, why, or how. Excited to start Season 2. Dark comedy at its best.
Hogties
AG
Bonzer103 said:

Late to the game with this one. Finished final episode last night. Loved it, not sure why. My wife asked, so what was that really all about? Who cares, was fun to watch it unfold without having and really expectation of what, why, or how. Excited to start Season 2. Dark comedy at its best.
"What was the show about" was one of the questions I was trying to articulate as I watched season 1. I think at it's core White Lotus 1 was about very wealthy people (privileged people in today's nomenclature) being oblivious about the impact they have on "regular people" and the wake of destruction for the "regular people" they leave in their path because the privileged people just don't care about the impact of their actions on the "regular people".

The hotel manager is basically driven nuts by having to deal with the BS requests and complaints from customers who are ridiculous and can't be satisfied with anything. Armond pinching a loaf into the dude's Gucci luggage was a classic crap on me (figuratively), I'll crap on you (literally) moment.

The spa lady gets a head fake from someone who finally takes her seriously and wants to invest, until a different shiny object, attention from a guest rather than a servant, gets Tonya's attention and then spa lady is yesterday's news and forgotten and her spirit crushed.

Even with the newlywed couple, the wife is a "regular person" who outkicked her coverage into generational wealth only to realize that her life will be empty and miserable (but she will be pampered and distracted with shiny objects), but she basically sells her soul and her joy to enter the land of generational wealth.

That's what I think it is about.

StinkyPinky
AG
Agreed. There was a definite emphasis on the juxtaposition of socioeconomic classes and the personalities that are inherent with both, but I assumed that was part of the character development and that it would eventually build up to some bigger plot point. But it didn't and turned out to be just a satirical look at their lives. Which ended up being fine because it was enough to carry the show. Curious to see if its reproducible for another season. And RIP Armond. Cat was a legend.
double aught
AG
StinkyPinky said:

And RIP Armond. Cat was a legend.
Absolutely. Went out like a wild man. I loved when he went on about performing the best dinner service ever and his bros just cheered.
MROD92
Binge watched over last two days. Loved it. So many laughable moments. AD is not just beautiful, amazing performance as she was able to make those gorgeous eyes have so much expression of sadness
MRod92
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Parents started watching this after hearing I liked it.

Called them yesterday, they were in the middle of the S2 finale. They said "this is so raunchy, this kind of show is normalizing bad behavior. It's Sodom. Unacceptable"

I said "y'all can stop watching it"

"Oh, well we need to see what happens"
Leggo My Elko
AG
Holy smokes, been living under a not much TV watching rocking the last couple of years with a now 2-year-old. The Ice storm allowed me to binge the first season.

My goodness was this thing great. the acting, the writing, the score, it was all so good. I'm a few episodes into the second season and it looks like they are following it up with another hit.

It's so awkward and funny and off-rails. I've always enjoyed Mike White's stuff, but this is a whole other level of good.
MooreTrucker
AG
Rudyjax said:

Didn't read the whole thread but did anyone comment on Mike White casting his survivor buddy?
Who was that?
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Rudyjax said:

Didn't read the whole thread but did anyone comment on Mike White casting his survivor buddy?
Who was that?

You're asking me about a question from 2 years ago?

It was Alec Merino.

In season 2, the ladies from the beach were also from Survivor. The jacket girl and one more.
MooreTrucker
AG
Rudyjax said:

MooreTrucker said:

Rudyjax said:

Who was that?

It was Alec Merino.

In season 2, the ladies from the beach were also from Survivor. The jacket girl and one more.
Sorry, just now watching it.
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Rudyjax said:

MooreTrucker said:

Rudyjax said:

Who was that?

It was Alec Merino.

Sorry, just now watching it.

Welcome to the party pal.
MooreTrucker
AG
Thanks, bud.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.