Random movie/tv fun, stories, and factoids...

99,220 Views | 562 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Brian Earl Spilner
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta
Maybe this has been covered but this week I read that Leonard Smalls is HI's father in "Raising Arizona". I had never heard that before, despite their marching tattoos.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's got nothing on The Rock and Vin Diesel looking nowhere near each other in F&F 6.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Good story of Matthew Modine almost getting into a fight with Val Kilmer.
Sea Speed
AG
I wish every person on this website realized that you can post YouTube videos starting at specific spots like this.
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is such a great Tarantino story.

TCTTS
AG

Belton Ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Maybe this has been covered but this week I read that Leonard Smalls is HI's father in "Raising Arizona". I had never heard that before, despite their marching tattoos.
Smalls was born around 1954 (according to what he says in the movie) so he and H.I. wouldn't have been far apart enough in age for that to have been the case.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yo, you know Better Call Saul aired tonight right?
TCTTS
AG
I was traveling to Texas today, and had already made my parents catch up on Saul so we could watch the finale together tonight. But between my sisters' kids, family dinner, etc, the night got away from us, and it was too late to start. Trust me, it's killing me, but we've blocked out tomorrow night to finally knock it out. Now I just have to somehow avoid spoilers between now and then...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oof.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Bill Simmons podcast The Rewatchables about Predator is must-listen.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Iowaggie
AG
I suppose this is for fans of Fletch/CC and latest social media trends (although this isn't new), and not really trivia.

https://instagr.am/p/CZaPe8QojF6

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had nowhere else to put this. Good stuff.

Iowaggie
AG
Probably would have been more appropriate closer to ONJ's death:

Originally, Sandy wasn't supposed to compete in the dance contest until Olivia Newton-John convinced the director to let her dance for a few moments.
Part of the issue with those dance scenes was they were filmed in a real HS gym that had no air conditioning during a heat wave.

I think it's still cool to watch this whole dance number.

TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
holy crap that is a dang awesome story....and pretty darn intimidating as well
jokershady
AG
ok....so terminator 2 is by far one of the best sequels and action scifi movies of all time....and im sure there's a lot of little things about the film fans know about....but this video came out a few days ago and ive got to say.....i NEVER caught item number 7 on this list which ill spoiler post below if just want to know that one....

give it a watch cause it's very entertaining

when arnie, sarah, john, and miles enter cyberdine....sarah is wearing kyle reese's trench coat from the first movie.....which means she has held on to that coat since his death and decided to wear it the night they were planning on stopping judgement day

holy crap i love james cameron!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone been following this Shia Labeouf / Olivia Wilde story? Very weird situation.

But with the limited info we have, Olivia Wilde seems shady af.

(Tl;dr is Olivia Wilde claimed to have fired Shia, Shia publicly stated that wasn't true and shared texts and video as proof that he quit the movie.)
i is smart
AG
Just read through the entire thread and it was amazing. I'd love to see a Christopher Lee thread (suggested on page 2) if y'all think it wouldn't take away from this one.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone been following this Shia Labeouf / Olivia Wilde story? Very weird situation.

But with the limited info we have, Olivia Wilde seems shady af.

(Tl;dr is Olivia Wilde claimed to have fired Shia, Shia publicly stated that wasn't true and shared texts and video as proof that he quit the movie.)

Thought about starting a thread on this.

Re: Wilde, when drama starts to follow you everywhere, it might be worth considering *you're* the source of said drama. She definitely seems increasingly shady.

That said, in all of this, it's been good to read that Shia is seemingly turning his life around. Dude seems like he's finally in a good place.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wow what an interview clip
double aught
AG
Just wanted to say that this thread delivers and wanted to get it back on my watchlist.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have to agree, and I like Olivia Wilde. But to say something false about someone who's actively trying to turn his career around, to prop herself up, is super ****ty.

The receipts:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
i is smart
AG
I'm listening to The Rewatchables and they mentioned that Hugh Jackman's Wolverine almost appeared in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. How close was James Cameron to being the director?
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
"Oooooooh you're following me oh I didn't know that"

That was hilarious!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Not sure if posted already, but it's Ana De Armas, so you're welcome anyway.

https://instagr.am/p/ChrZJ3IgjKj
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Man that is some prime-time Michael Ironside. This board needs a dedicated Michael Ironside thread.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

One possible take here….not that I'm a huge Brando fanboy or anything….

But wasn't his role really small in this movie? What if it was something along the same lines of Alec Guinness and just not liking the material for this particular film since it was comic book/sci-fi?

Either way props to Reeves cause he was honest and respectful

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.