Random movie/tv fun, stories, and factoids...

99,217 Views | 562 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teacher_Ag
AG
double aught
AG
I advance up the beach a quarter mile at a time.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
How have I never seen this?

Stive
AG
Wow, that's hilarious, awkward and awesome! I've seen a lot of those old all-timers on shoes like that but never that one.

Classic!
Sea Speed
AG
Burt legit hated mark summers
Stive
AG
I think they both started out pissed with each other right?!? Then neither would back off…the zingers they were throwing at each other seemed real.

But the pies at the end make me wonder if it was all a set up? They just have pies sitting around Jay Leno's show/stage?
An L of an Ag
AG
Holy ****, that was greatness!!! No idea how I missed that at the time!

RIP Burt, he was a national treasure.
Stive
AG
Sea Speed said:

Burt legit hated mark summers

Think so? I'm inclined to believe it was fake based on the pies….
Sea Speed
AG
I think so. Did you see the force he hit mark with? He throttled him. He didn't like Mark. Maybe it was a bit but mark was a kids show guy and I highly doubt nick would want him getting in a feud that included talk about his wife being loose as part of a bit on national tv. Nick was waaaaaay pg back in the day. Idk. Burt seemed very contemptuous. Maybe the pies were for a bit that was supposed to include Jay. They practically had to force the pie in to Burts hand. Either way that was absolutely wild.
Aztec1948
"I have been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this".-Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence-Chris Mellon

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.” Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.
TCTTS
AG
Are you malfunctioning again? Does someone need to reboot you?
Aztec1948
TCTTS said:

Are you malfunctioning again? Does someone need to reboot you?
Memes bro, gotta love em..
"I have been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this".-Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence-Chris Mellon

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.” Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
oragator
oragator
The Porkchop Express
AG
The latest planet of the apes trailer was on the beginning of the Marvels at our theater tonight, and seeing this thread bumped made me feel inclined to share this story.

Back in 2001, I went to see the remake of Planet of the Apes (aka Marky Mark and the Monkey Bunch) with my brother. If you recall, somehow the ship runs into a time warp or worm hole or something and crashes on the planet and the chimps get mega smart and then Marky Mark lands there well in the future, blah blah blah.

And those original monkeys on the ship all have Greek names. Like Marky Mark's monkey is named Pericles. He's the one who shows up near the end of the movie in the little ship.

But the leader of the chimp revolution, now long deceased, is named Semos. We heard this name in passing once on the ship recording, and you hear it a couple of times early in the movie when the apes use it the way we use God or Jesus this day. Like "Oh Semos help me, there's a human in my house."

But then it comes back up when the apes are all eating dinner at Tim Roth's house, and Michael Clarke Duncan makes everyone say a prayer to Semos before they eat - as follows

We give thanks to you, Semos, for the fruit of the land. Bless us, Holy Father, who created all Apes in his image. Hasten the Day when you will return ... and bring peace to your children. Amen.

Why am I going on about this? Because my family is Greek. And my dad's name is Semos.

And let me just tell you, I have never met another person named Semos in my entire life. So the first two times we heard it, my brother and I looked at each other perplexed.

But when Michael Clarke Duncan as a Gorilla bows his head and leads a prayer to our dad, we lost it. We laughed until we were crying while the rest of a very crowded movie theater looked at us like were on drugs. I have no idea what happened in the next 5 minutes of that movie and I probably never will.
double aught
AG
The best part of the post is how much you remember about that movie.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
oragator
I'd forgotten who was in this video. Wait for it,,.

TCTTS
AG
oragator
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Seriously, there are so many gems in this thread...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.