Random movie/tv fun, stories, and factoids...

99,241 Views | 562 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
It's been forever since I've seen any of those movies. Was that actually in the movie?
TCTTS
AG
Deleted scene.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Deleted scene.
...and I would bet that it wasn't in the script, either. Grammer just started talking and no one knew what the hell to do while he was doing it. So, they just let him keep going until he was done.
TCTTS
AG
By the look on everyone else's faces, you're probably right.
double aught
AG
Awesome. I wish the clip hadn't cut off.
oragator
Letterman auditioned for Ted Striker. How different the TV world may have been had he gotten that role.

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
cbr
AG
my great uncle hitch-hiked out to LA in the 30's for the olympics, got a job as a gaffer and driving stars around, and was a regular until the early 80's. He knew all the stars for almost 50 years. I wish i could remember much of his stories, but one thing i do remember is that Roger Moore was his favorite dude in hollywood.
TCTTS
AG
That's awesome.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Ulrich
Wow.
TCTTS
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
TCTTS said:

holy moly, wtf im getting emotional. wtf i did not expect that.
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

Kubrik has always seemed like such a reasonable, level-headed guy
TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed
AG
israeliag said:

So cool to see the choices she makes in taking dialogue from script to screen.
yea its definitely stuff i wouldnt think about. the dont be morbid professor is a perfect example. she has analyzed that character she is playing and is saying the lines accordingly. thats pretty cool.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
oragator
Music related so a bit off topic. But was listening to Mark McGrath's 120 this weekend on XM, he mentioned this fact and I thought of this thread

Only 3 musical acts have ever had a number one song replaced by another one of their songs at number one. Elvis and the Beatles are the first two which makes total sense. But the third is Boyz II Men. So that's odd.
TCTTS
AG
Sea Speed
AG
Learning how they do some of the shots in movies is incredibly fascinating. I watched a bunch of videos that used back to the future of all movies to show a bunch of effects.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Sea Speed said:

Learning how they do some of the shots in movies is incredibly fascinating. I watched a bunch of videos that used back to the future of all movies to show a bunch of effects.
I would really recommend listening to JJ Abrams' commentary on The Force Awakens if you like this sort of thing. As big as a SW nerd as I am, I learned about 5000 new things about that movie listening to him talk for 2 hours.
aTmAg
AG
This guy (Keith A. Glascoe) from "The Professional" was a real life firefighter and died on 9/11:

Rudyjax
AG
I love this Quora page. The Tao of Screenwriting. This guy writes really entertaining stories about movies and Hollywood. Here's one about Bill Murray.

https://thetaoofscreenwriting.quora.com/What-is-Bill-Murrays-1-800-number-and-why-how-does-he-use-it?ch=99&share=a7911c03&srid=lRGRr
aTmAg
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

I love this Quora page. The Tao of Screenwriting. This guy writes really entertaining stories about movies and Hollywood. Here's one about Bill Murray.

https://thetaoofscreenwriting.quora.com/What-is-Bill-Murrays-1-800-number-and-why-how-does-he-use-it?ch=99&share=a7911c03&srid=lRGRr
I wonder why he uses an 800 number? Why not just use a normal phone number? At least then he doesn't get charged every time somebody calls.
Rudyjax
AG
aTmAg said:

Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

I wonder why he uses an 800 number? Why not just use a normal phone number? At least then he doesn't get charged every time somebody calls.

Probably if was set up before modern technology and he kept it.
Sea Speed
AG
Speaking of bill Murray, I saw him recently. Here he is with some players on his team and then laying in the field watching fireworks

lunchbox
bluefire579 said:

TCTTS said:

Kubrik has always seemed like such a reasonable, level-headed guy
Watch this from a few days ago...

TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
I remember 18 months ago when people thought this would be the new roaring twenties.

There's still hope I guess.
aggiedata
AG
100 years ago tonight

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.