Random movie/tv fun, stories, and factoids...

99,270 Views | 562 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Baba Ganoush
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hahaha! That was great.
TCTTS
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
What.....
bluefire579
AG
Someone actually made a post about that scene on here not too long ago. Put that one into the things that would not fly today pile
TCTTS
AG
Dang, missed that.
bluefire579
AG
Found it. Figured you had, but found it funny that this is the second time this was brought up this month

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3192584
aTmAg
AG
The actor (Gianni Russo) who played Carlo Rizzi in the Godfather had to re-act his final Michael Corleone scene with Pablo Escobar playing the part of Corleone rather than Al Pachino. He thought he was about to be killed for real like his character was. He was there because he shot a Medellin drug cartel dude in the head in self defense.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/godfather-actor-gianni-russo-recalls-his-encounters-with-marlon-brando-frank-sinatra-and-pablo-escobar

(Either that or he's lying)
Stive
AG
aTmAg said:

The actor (Gianni Russo) who played Carlo Rizzi in the Godfather had to re-act his final Michael Corleone scene with Pablo Escobar playing the part of Corleone rather than Al Pachino. He thought he was about to be killed for real like his character was. He was there because he shot a Medellin drug cartel dude in the head in self defense.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/godfather-actor-gianni-russo-recalls-his-encounters-with-marlon-brando-frank-sinatra-and-pablo-escobar

That's a freaking trip of an article.
jeffk
AG
The pilot episode of Airwolf is super cringy as well. Stringfellow Hawke basically forces a chick to bed with him.
aTmAg
AG
There's is so much about that episode that makes me cringe now. It is so bad. I can't believe I loved that show. My excuse is that the helicopter/pilot scenes were cool.

Makes me wonder if in 35 years, Breaking Bad will be crap.
jeffk
AG
It was 100% the helicopter and the theme music.
aTmAg
AG
jeffk said:

It was 100% the helicopter and the theme music.
They should make a DVD of only helicopter scenes with theme music played over it. I'd buy the sh out of that.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I've seen or read some interviews with him before, and my impression of the guy is that he has a colorful imagination. He's also knowledgable about the full body count that was required to keep the JFK assassination a secret. I think he had the number somewhere over 70.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

I've seen or read some interviews with him before, and my impression of the guy is that he has a colorful imagination. He's also knowledgable about the full body count that was required to keep the JFK assassination a secret. I think he had the number somewhere over 70.

Yeah he's FOS. I don't care how high on coke someone is, you put a bullet through their brain they're gonna drop like a rock.
Pahdz
third coast.. said:

Someone has probably already done that and put it on YouTube.
of course they have (sidenote: If Airwolf was filmed today it'd look like obviously fake CGI crap guaranteed. How is it these bad ass shows of our childhood could look so great but we can't do it now? All in the name of profits I guess)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Popped up in my suggested videos and this seemed like a good place to share it.

TheEyeGuy
AG
bluefire579 said:

powerbelly said:

Christopher Lee is the best.
He really is. Listened to a podcast episode about him recently that had other fun facts:

• Knew Ian Fleming, was a partial inspiration for the character James Bond, going back to his service with the British during WWII, and was who they wanted to originally play Dr. No (forget why he didn't end up doing so
  • Was apparently a huge LotR fan, wanted to play Gandalf, but was considered too old and instead really embraced the antagonist role of Saruman. Apparently the only one involved in the trilogy who had met Tolkien.
  • Wicker Man (the original, not the Nic Cage one) was one of the films he was most proud of and he spoke very publicly about it when it came out
  • In Attack of the Clones, did a lot of his own swordsmanship with the lightsaber, and utilized his actual knowledge of swords to develop Dooku's fighting style
  • When he wanted to get into acting, was considered too tall for it. Ended up, of course, becoming one of the most prolific actors in terms of movies made, appearing in a couple of hundred movies and never having a break for more than 4 months throughout his career. Had numerous Guinness World Records relating to it while he was alive (forget the specifics)

Reciting these from memory, so maybe some mild inaccuracies, but really a remarkable life and career
Let's get back to Christopher Lee badassery.... If memory serves, not only did he meet Tolkien, but Tolkien had specifically gave him his BLESSING TO PLAY Gandalf.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'd seen that before but had completely forgotten about it. Thanks for sharing.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Not TV/Movie but music related:

Sometime after Merle Haggard had become famous, he met Johnny Cash for the first time. They started talking about music, life, etc. and at some point Merle tells Johnny that one of the greatest performances he'd ever seen was Johnny at San Quentin Prison in the late 50's. Johnny thought it over a sec and said "Merle, I don't remember you being on that tour with us." Merle responded "I wasn't. I was in the audience."
oragator
I know this is heresy and I am in the extreme minority. But I liked three much more than two. That they purposely went for a much more whimsical feel didn't bother me, even with some of the silliness that created. It was kind of a fun way to not take itself too seriously as a franchise on its way out the door.
I kind of assumed everyone felt that way until a few years ago when I saw the IMDb readings for it and it was in "bomb" territory.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The show Dallas was loosely framed after the Godfather. Powerful patriarch, bad temper adulterer older son and a younger son that gets pulled into the family business by circumstance.
Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's a good story, but doesn't Dreyfuss have a reputation of being a huge ass?
Yoda
AG
Yes, and the weird thing is he and Shaw did not get along at all on the set. The story goes that Shaw spent most of the shoot bullying the young inexperienced actor, fueled quite a bit by his drinking. You can hear a lot of neat stories on the Jaws documentary "The shark is still working".

Now, Dreyfus has downplayed all that in most recent interviews, but that's not the way people had been telling it for decades prior.
Complete Idiot
Dreyfuss has bipolar disorder.
Another Doug
AG
Pine Barrens is 20 years old today

TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/COk-_jJhMPr
marcel ledbetter
Complete Idiot said:

Look guys... said:

Complete Idiot said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

A bit of history of James Doohan "Scottie from Star Trek"

2) On Juno Beach Doohan was hit 6 times by friendly fire, 4 in the leg, one took his right middle finger and the last bullet was stopped by a silver cigarette case in his breast pocket.

After looking at boobs for 5 minutes, i saw his missing finger.
There were many photo choices for the severed digit, but I consider myself a curator of content.

Is that woman a young Linda Carter?
Complete Idiot
Some research suggests no (she would have been too young), but I can see the resemblance. Or resemblances, as it were.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These are so good. Keep 'em coming.

Forgot the thumbs up.
israeliag
AG
So cool to see the choices she makes in taking dialogue from script to screen.
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
That's pretty funny.

What's A24?
Big Al 1992
AG
I may have mentioned this fun fact years ago
Enjoy a young Bruno Mars and his Elvis impression in Honeymoon In Vegas
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.