*** Q: INTO THE STORM *** (HBO Docuseries)

61,652 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by St Hedwig Aggie
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Q: The real passion of the christ
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow...the s*** people will fall for...
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
aggieforester05 said:

There's not any mainstream streaming services other than news organizations (ie. Fox News and a handful of much smaller organizations) that are right leaning. They're all lefties and they're brainwashing low information voters. HBO, Netflix, Prime, Showtime, Cinemax, ESPN, Hulu, Disney, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Spotify. All push a leftist agenda and that will and should continue to be condemned by those of us that realize it's brainwashing low information voters.

For example when I open my Spotify app, I get bombarded by suggestions to listen to podcasts about voter suppression. They are pushing a narrative to their listeners that the Georgia election laws were designed to suppress legitimate voters particularly minorities. It's a lie and they know it but they will continue to try to brainwash their listeners into believing it. They do not highlight any podcasts about voter fraud which is the real issue that the Georgia laws are designed to combat. Why? Why not offer up both and let listeners decide the truth.

I know these companies have the right to do so, but it is harmful and I will continue to call them out on it. People need to know that they're only getting one side of the story.

There's also a wealth of material to make every leftist group look ridiculous, this was not unique to the Q .

I'd also add that leftist organizations only doing documentaries on conservatives and Republicans isn't really helpful to anyone. The people that are most important to reach about the extreme corruption and incompetence in the Democrat party are the people that would vote for them (ie. Bill Maher's audience). Same can be said with roles reversed.

A common complaint amongst ultra-right wing proponents is that "every major media company and/or business is supporting left wing agendas". Also, most ultra-right wing persons believes that mainstream businesses do what is in their best interest by trying to attract the most customers possible to their product.

Therefore, if what you say is true, simple logic dictates that all of these media corps know that the vast majority of Americans are left leaning. Why would any company focused on broad appeal try to design content for 15% of the population?

The only reason Trumpists have their platform is because our political system has been distorted over the past 75 years. There's no "silent majority" of conservatives. They aren't a majority, and they definitely aren't quiet. Republicans should focus on adopting policies that have broad appeal, and maybe they can bring the mainstream back into the fold.
TCTTS
aggieforester05
AG
You need to calibrate your political radar. You don't know what ultra right wing is. Your perception of the average American's political leanings versus the content creators is grossly oversimplified and ignores a multitude of factors. I suggest you study the four quadrant international political spectrum instead of using your anecdotal left wing perception of the American political spectrum. You are completely clueless if you describe me as ultra right wing or a Trumpist. No offense, it's just clear you're not well versed in the political spectrum.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
Perfection.
ATM9000
AG
Does anybody else open this ****show of a thread and see the subject and immediately think of that mediocre Meryl Streep Disney movie Into the Woods?
Old McDonald
i found it interesting that the "fake news media" belief that keeps getting brought up in this thread was one of the original conspiracies that got rolled into Qanon. it's not entirely unfounded (mainstream media is decidedly left leaning), but it evolved so much and got taken so far that the Q community eventually sought to crowdsource its own alternative version of reality. it all came to a head on jan 6.
amercer
AG
It appears that a sizable slice of the country has lost the ability to discern between "things I disagree with" and "things that are bat**** crazy".

So you get this false equivalence between any policy proposal they don't like, and a conspiracy theory that says the world is run by liberal elites who traffic in babies in order to drink their blood for a magic substance that gives them life force....
aggieforester05
AG
amercer said:

It appears that a sizable slice of the country has lost the ability to discern between "things I disagree with" and "things that are bat**** crazy".

So you get this false equivalence between any policy proposal they don't like, and a conspiracy theory that says the world is run by liberal elites who traffic in babies in order to drink their blood for a magic substance that gives them life force....
How sizeable is the slice of the country that believes liberal elites eat babies versus people who believe that major corporations and news organizations are run by people who live and work amongst mostly left leaning people and therefore use their power to help the DNC in anyway they can? It would appear that you're trying to paint a broad portion of the population with believing in the deepest darkest parts of the Q conspiracy, when it is likely a very small group of individuals that took it that far. It was also a relatively small group of people who rioted at the Capitol. It's intellectually dishonest to assign the failures of those two groups to millions of people that you happen to politically disagree with, just because those nut jobs happened to vote for the same political candidate. I doubt you'll find many people on the right who agree with what those rioters did anymore than they agree with the left wing rioters who spent all summer vandalizing government buildings. I live and work in one of the most conservative areas in the country and I don't know a single person who ever claimed that liberal elites eat babies. There are probably similar numbers of fringe leftists that believe Donald Trump was an actual Nazi that was going to round up the gays and Muslims and put them in camps. Those nut jobs voted for Joe Biden. Does that mean most or even a sizeable portion of liberals believed that idiotic conspiracy theory? No

Who's making false equivalencies of policy positions?

What has been said and is undeniable is that wild conspiracy theories are the cornerstone of American left wing culture. Conspiracy theories that have nothing to do with policy, but are tools used to tarnish the Democrat's political opposition. Those conspiracy theories are widely accepted by their voter base because they live in a near perfect echo chamber of confirmation bias. As we've seen through 2020 and into 2021, those conspiracy theories have had devastating negative impacts on this country. These conspiracy theories are fabricated by political leadership and left wing media organizations that know they are lies, instead of some weirdo internet troll, so they are going to look different. I'd argue that their impact has been far more substantial than that of Q's.

Every political group is going to have it's nuts. We used to be able to keep the village idiot out of sight and out of mind, but now the internet gives them the loudest voice. Spend ten minutes on twitter or reddit and you'll find nuts of every flavor. Those nuts have been weaponized by degenerates on both sides of the political aisle.
MASAXET
AG
aggieforester05 said:

amercer said:

How sizeable is the slice of the country that believes liberal elites eat babies versus people who believe that major corporations and news organizations are run by people who live and work amongst mostly left leaning people and therefore use their power to help the DNC in anyway they can? It would appear that you're trying to paint a broad portion of the population with believing in the deepest darkest parts of the Q conspiracy, when it is likely a very small group of individuals that took it that far. It was also a relatively small group of people who rioted at the Capitol. It's intellectually dishonest to assign the failures of those two groups to millions of people that you happen to politically disagree with, just because those nut jobs happened to vote for the same political candidate. I doubt you'll find many people on the right who agree with what those rioters did anymore than they agree with the left wing rioters who spent all summer vandalizing government buildings. I live and work in one of the most conservative areas in the country and I don't know a single person who ever claimed that liberal elites eat babies. There are probably similar numbers of fringe leftists that believe Donald Trump was an actual Nazi that was going to round up the gays and Muslims and put them in camps. Those nut jobs voted for Joe Biden. Does that mean most or even a sizeable portion of liberals believed that idiotic conspiracy theory? No

What has been said and is undeniable is that wild conspiracy theories are the cornerstone of American left wing culture. Conspiracy theories that have nothing to do with policy, but are tools used to tarnish the Democrat's political opposition. Those conspiracy theories are widely accepted by their voter base because they live in a near perfect echo chamber of confirmation bias. As we've seen through 2020 and into 2021, those conspiracy theories have had devastating negative impacts on this country. These conspiracy theories are fabricated by political leadership and left wing media organizations that know they are lies, instead of some weirdo internet troll, so they are going to look different. I'd argue that their impact has been far more substantial than that of Q's.

Every political group is going to have it's nuts. We used to be able to keep the village idiot out of sight and out of mind, but now the internet gives them the loudest voice. Spend ten minutes on twitter or reddit and you'll find nuts of every flavor. Those nuts have been weaponized by degenerates on both sides of the political aisle.
aggieforester starts off by noting his disagreement with painting with a broad brush and claims it's "intellectually dishonest to assign the failures of [a few] to millions of people that you happen to politically disagree with, just because those nut jobs happened to vote for the same political candidate."

And then closes by claiming "wild conspiracy theories are the cornerstone of American left wing culture" and "[t]hose conspiracy theories are widely accepted by their voter base because they live in a near perfect echo chamber of confirmation bias."

All within the same post.

Without any hint of irony or self-reflection.

Awesome
TCTTS
AG
It's almost a work of art. Incredible.

I'm now convinced he's trolling, if only because the alternative is too depressing (if not hilarious).
aggieforester05
AG
MASAXET said:

aggieforester05 said:

amercer said:

aggieforester starts off by noting his disagreement with painting with a broad brush and claims it's "intellectually dishonest to assign the failures of [a few] to millions of people that you happen to politically disagree with, just because those nut jobs happened to vote for the same political candidate."

And then closes by claiming "wild conspiracy theories are the cornerstone of American left wing culture" and "[t]hose conspiracy theories are widely accepted by their voter base because they live in a near perfect echo chamber of confirmation bias."

All within the same post.

Without any hint of irony or self-reflection.

Awesome
That's not exactly what I'm doing and you know it. If you'll reread what I posted I said the most extreme conspiracy theories for example "Donald Trump is a Nazi that's going to round up the gays and Muslims" is something that likely only a very small percentage of the Democrat base believes. The same can be said about people who believe "liberal elites" eat babies.

On the other hand more subtle conspiracy theories designed to tarnish the reputations of Republicans and conservatives as discussed earlier in this thread are widely believed by most of the Democrat base. Are you denying that most liberals believe the Georgia voting law was designed to suppress minority votes? This is a clear conspiracy theory widely believed by left wing individuals that has no basis in reality, but is not called out by their typical media sources.

That is akin to the conservatives that believe Biden is a Chinese puppet or liberals that believed Trump was a Russian puppet. More mainstream conspiracy theories that are more acceptable to a wider base than "baby eating" or "holocaust camps". We're talking about two different levels of conspiracy theories here. Both sides are guilty of having adherents that believe them, the more subtle they are, the more widely they are believed.
aggieforester05
AG
TCTTS said:

It's almost a work of art. Incredible.

I'm now convinced he's trolling, if only because the alternative is too depressing (if not hilarious).
I'm trolling by saying that only a small percentage of both sides believes in the most extreme conspiracy theories, while larger groups of both sides believe in the more subtle conspiracy theories and that it's unfair to assign the most extreme conspiracy theories to entire populations?

Care to elaborate, or is it too much fun to make snarky comments because you having nothing useful to add to the conversation?
Old McDonald
amercer said:

i think a more fair characterization is an inability to distinguish between biased news and fake news.

the concept of fake news gained traction around the 2016 election because hostile powers were literally astroturfing american social networks with made up articles and stories from spoofed "news" sites to sow discord. then trump and his allies co-opted the term to refer to any news story didn't like, whether true or not. that behavior became reflexive and now we have slice of the population who can't tell the difference between actual fake news and biased news.
aggieforester05
AG
Old McDonald said:

amercer said:

i think a more fair characterization is an inability to distinguish between biased news and fake news.

the concept of fake news gained traction around the 2016 election because hostile powers were literally astroturfing american social networks with made up articles and stories from spoofed "news" sites to sow discord. then trump and his allies co-opted the term to refer to any news story didn't like, whether true or not. that behavior became reflexive and now we have slice of the population who can't tell the difference between actual fake news and biased news.
I actually agree with this. Not a fan of the term "fake news" and I think it takes away from the real problem, which is biased news.
An Ag in CO
AG
Quote:

I think it takes away from the real problem, which is biased news.

Unbiased news isn't really a thing. But so long as you know or have an idea as to what the bias is then it's relatively straightforward to process the input and apply whatever filters you think are needed.

Hell, even the weather forecast on TV and radio is generally biased. I like the odd cold and rainy day, but the weather forecasters always apply some sort of slant noting the weather will be bad. Getting your weather from NOAA is generally stripped of any opinion, but that's hard to do when somebody needs to generate ratings and revenue. Not too many for-profit sources of "unbiased" news and I wouldn't expect that when you need to appeal to a large mass of people.
John Francis Donaghy
Got a free trial of HBO through YouTube TV this weekend and have used it to watch the first 3 episodes of this documentary.

Holy **** these guys are wierd. Q nonsense aside, these guys that run 8 chan are just wierd skeezy dudes. The kind of people if I ever met them in real life, I would make a point to never see them again if at all possible.
Duncan Idaho
Bad news....we were all wrong.

Turns out Q was real all along. But in a twist worthy of
M. Night Shyamalan, it was all a deep state pysop designed to build up and then dash the hopes of trump supporters.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3227377/replies/60185296

Quote:

Reported on GAB that Milley was at the "Calm Before the Storm" comment dinner gala. Might explain that Q actually was real, but was a black hatted operation with treasonous conspirators creating false hope for patriots and people against corruption.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3227377/replies/60185296
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cullen Hoback went on JRE yesterday. Listening to it now.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
After watching I get why they call the politics swamp forum 16chan…hehe! Clever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.