*** Q: INTO THE STORM *** (HBO Docuseries)

61,787 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by St Hedwig Aggie
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Except in *this* instance it's true. He never said that, as a general life philosophy, he believes that the censorship of others is proof that his belief system is correct. He's clearly responding to this specific instance, in which the Q nonsense is objectively and verifiably wrong. So much so that it's become an actual liability for the people/organizations/sites who continue to promote it or give it refuge. It continues to baffle me the bad faith arguments I'm seeing here, when it comes to something so blatantly batsh*t.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Charpie
AG
You make cute kids...so it's ok.
TCTTS
AG
I hear you. In general, I completely agree with your overall sentiment. Especially if this sentence were as noble or as innocent as you make it out to be...

Quote:

If you have firmly held beliefs you should be able to support them with facts and logic and reasons for holding those beliefs and why you think they are net positives for those that they affect and not just say they are correct because people don't get canceled for having them.

But you're conveniently ignoring all of the horrible sh*t posted on the politics board, on a daily basis, outside of the Q thread, that is not supported with "facts and logic" by any stretch of the imagination. On any given day you can find people on that board...

- Defending mass shooters.
- Defending people like Kyle Rittenhouse.
- Making light of mass shootings.
- Cheering the literal deaths of liberals (both real and fantasized).
- Supporting the insurrection.
- Arguing against even the broadest definition of diversity.
- Peddling suspect and provably wrong information from jank, ridiculously bias sources.
- Expressing vaguely if not outright racist opinions, from comparing Michelle Obama to an ape (that one I've seen at least a dozen times, if not more) to blind rage against BLM, despite the many nuances and complexities of the movement.

... just to name a few. I'm not saying *all* of these things are expressed everyday, but at least a couple of them absolutely are. Hell, a few months ago there was literally a thread titled "Why I'm a little bit racist" that stayed up for days. There was another, around the same time, that was a long diatribe as to why women belonged in the home and not at the work place. Both threads lasting pages, filled with agreeable and supportive responses. Never mind the board's biggest issue, which is an overall psychotic attempt to turn a political opponent into a mortal enemy by ascribing the worst tendencies of the few most radical liberals to anyone and everyone who has ever voted Democrat, essentially declaring war on half the country.

This notion that F16 is nothing more than this sharing of innocuous thoughts and ideas, all backed with facts and statistics, is laughably preposterous. There's a reason some of us find the 16chan moniker to be so brilliantly perfect. It's because that, overall, it's an objectively hateful board that often peddles in completely false narratives. It's because it's ground zero for bad faith arguments and the sharing of opinions that most people outside of it do not consider sane. It's because it's literally one of the most vile, un-empathetic sites some of us have ever visited on the internet; one that, from the outside looking in, isn't *that* far removed from what we're seeing of 8chan in this Q doc. That doesn't mean that good ideas and discussion aren't posted on F16 a daily basis as well. That doesn't mean that most of the posters there support or engage in the tendencies listed above. But it 100% harbors the people who do, who are often the loudest voices of the bunch, and no company in their right mind would risk its existence by allowing those people free reign to say whatever the hell the want on their platform.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Another Doug
AG
third coast.. said:

But people have a right to say and/or believe those things just as TA has a right to moderate their site and should hold their users to a standard, which they generally do. But just because someone believes in the same things that those doing the canceling believe doesn't make it a just or righteous belief or cause. That is the only thing that I am saying. Might doesn't equal right.

I know yours and many others thoughts on f16 and it was not my intention to turn this in to a debate about the pros and cons of it or any other board on this site, many of which I post on regularly, including f16, which I know you think makes me a card carrying moonbat, but that is so far from the case.

Your post was trolling 101, post some cute ambiguous point. When called out on it try to explain to us what your brilliance really meant and turn yourself into a victim.

My post you originally replied to had nothing to do with censorship, I just said you had to be into some pretty crazy stuff to get purged from texags. A point you later stated yourself.

You wanna troll, that's fine, but this is board13, so at least ENTERTAIN us.
TCTTS
AG
third coast.. said:

But people have a right to say and/or believe those things just as TA has a right to moderate their site and should hold their users to a standard, which they generally do. But just because someone believes in the same things that those doing the canceling believe doesn't make it a just or righteous belief or cause. That is the only thing that I am saying. Might doesn't equal right.

I know yours and many others thoughts on f16 and it was not my intention to turn this in to a debate about the pros and cons of it or any other board on this site, many of which I post on regularly, including f16, which I know you think makes me a card carrying moonbat, but that is so far from the case.

Agreed. But no one here is saying that. We're only talking about this specific instance. You're inventing an argument that no one else here is having.

And for the record, to reiterate, I don't think everyone who posts on F16 is a moonbat. Valid points are made by good people on that board all the time. But the bad apples over there are a rotten, plentiful, and pungent bunch, and it's maddening to pretend like they don't exist.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Another Doug
AG
third coast.. said:

Well id call almost a page of discussion entertaining. And if ibwas trolling i would not have come on here and explained my position and defended it. Unfortunately, not one person has defended the belief that being on the side of cancel types is righteous simply because they are on the side of the cancelers.
When it comes to the only canceling that has been discussed on this thread. You and I are on the exact same side of the "cancelers" in this case.

Screaming "cancel culture" is not a trump card outside of board16.
PatAg
AG
this thread sucks
expresswrittenconsent
I didn't post on the thread.
Yes you did, from 2018-2020.
Oh, that must have been someone else called "third coast".
Post removed:
by user
expresswrittenconsent
They probably got canceled. Say, since you're a cancelation expert, who are some people that got "canceled"?
expresswrittenconsent
So no examples of good people getting canceled?
bluefire579
AG
third coast.. said:

Yep, 2 different users. It seems like I posted on it 2 times in 2018 and one was talking about something being tine related. The posts in 2020 are both by another user. Third coast.. and thirdcoast. We are not the same person.

Can one of y'all change names? Too damn confusing
TCTTS
AG
Feels like we're getting into petty squabbles and gotcha nonsense at this point. third coast is at least showing his work and not backing down from claims. I don't feel like he's trolling or trying to avoid anything. I'd cut him some slack in this instance.
Post removed:
by user
snowdog90
I had to respond to this post. I just can't believe you can actually post this with a straight face...

Traits of the F16 board (tctts)
- Defending mass shooters.
- Defending people like Kyle Rittenhouse.
- Making light of mass shootings.
- Cheering the literal deaths of liberals (both real and fantasized).
- Supporting the insurrection.
- Arguing against even the broadest definition of diversity.
- Peddling suspect and provably wrong information from jank, ridiculously bias sources.
- Expressing vaguely if not outright racist opinions, from comparing Michelle Obama to an ape (that one I've seen at least a dozen times, if not more) to blind rage against BLM, despite the many nuances and complexities of the movement.

I will dispute each of the above, but I would really like to have a conversation. I honestly don't understand how anyone can affiliate themselves with the democrat party. While you're here denigrating Q people, and on F16 trashing Trump, no liberal ever starts threads about the great things Joe Biden is doing. I don't understand. But, I digress...

1. What mass shooter was ever defended by anyone on F16. I certainly have never seen it.

2. Kyle Rittenhouse arguably acted in self-defense. Have you not seen the video of him being attacked by BLM/antifa members?

3. What mass shootings have been made light of? There's mass shootings in Chicago every week that are never reported on national media. Are you talking about those?

4. Cheering deaths of liberals... Ok, you got me here. I might even be one of the ones you're referencing. However, I am not sad when evil people die. Did you see the stuff that was said about Rush Limbaugh? The hate thrown at him when he died was massive and not hidden at all. Have you complained about that? BTW, while I disagree about those thoughts on Rush, I understand them. I am glad the following people are dead; George Bush, John McCain. I will be happy when the following people are dead; Bill Clinton, Hillary, W, Dick Cheney, Pelosi... well, this would be a long list. But again, both sides do it.

5. Supporting what insurrection? The one where unarmed people were let through barricades and allowed into the Capitol building? Where known BLM/antifa members were there in disguise to create a false flag? Or are you talking about the craziness caused by BLM/Antifa across the country? Cities under siege for months by rioters arsonists and looters? Are you talking about the support given by Kamala, starting a fund to bail out criminals arrested doing the rioting?

6. Arguing against diversity? What are you talking about?

7. Biased sources? Are you kidding me? What sources do you trust? You trust all those mainstream sources that told you Trump was a Russian spy for over 2 years? You make fun of Q for believing "crazy conspiracy theories" while you only give credibility to a media that peddled a "Trump is a Russian spy" hoax for over 2 years. And you call us crazy!!

8. F16 hates Michelle Obama not because she's Black, but because she's an America-hating corrupt scumbag, just like her husband. The race narrative is ridiculous now. Apparently, I am a racist from birth because I am white. What ****ing sense does that make? Any racial threads on F16 are basically a backlash against the unfair, overused, politicized issue of race. Are you upset at all the Blacks who are incredibly racist toward Asians? Or do you not even consider that racism? I guarantee you that the Asian community feels the wrath of this racism every day.
aggieforester05
AG
TCTTS said:

This notion that F16 is nothing more than this sharing of innocuous thoughts and ideas, all backed with facts and statistics, is laughably preposterous. There's a reason some of us find the 16chan moniker to be so brilliantly perfect. It's because that, overall, it's an objectively hateful board that often peddles in completely false narratives. It's because it's ground zero for bad faith arguments and the sharing of opinions that most people outside of it do not consider sane. It's because it's literally one of the most vile, un-empathetic sites some of us have ever visited on the internet; one that, from the outside looking in, isn't *that* far removed from what we're seeing of 8chan in this Q doc. That doesn't mean that good ideas and discussion aren't posted on F16 a daily basis as well. That doesn't mean that most of the posters there support or engage in the tendencies listed above. But it 100% harbors the people who do, who are often the loudest voices of the bunch, and no company in their right mind would risk its existence by allowing those people free reign to say whatever the hell the want on their platform.
This paragraph describes the right wing version of literally every left wing political discussion site and they are far more numerous than the former. The insinuation in this thread that the right is somehow more guilty of conspiracy theory and insidious political internet discussion than the left shows a lack of self awareness that simply boggles the mind. You really should take a step back and look at how your political biases effect your discernment of political discussion. Your list of complaints alone tells me that your opinions of other's statements are heavily influenced by your biases and take their comments out of the context they intended.

There's no shortage of bat **** crazy, vile, racist, un-empathetic left wing rhetoric all over the internet and frankly dominating public discourse at the moment. Their refusal to even listen and go so far as to censor opinions that they do not share is really telling.

Discussion in this country will not improve as long as leftists attribute every Republican policy position to "racism" instead of exploring the true motivations behind the positions. It's lazy, pathetic, and only hurts the real victims of racism when their cries of wolf go unheard.
TCTTS
AG
The above two posts are why it's impossible to engage with any of you on any kind reasonable level. It's just sweeping generalization after sweeping generalization, in which you're frothingly, irrationally angry at an enemy you've built up in your minds to Bond-villain-level proportions and Satan-level intentions. I'm not saying there isn't a contingent of those in the radical left who meet your descriptions. But the way you amplify and ascribe the intentions of a few to an entire swath of this country makes it impossible for those of us not in the F16 bubble to take you seriously.

I don't b*tch about the left on this site because those who support the left don't post and interject insane political sh*t here on the entertainment board day after day. I don't b*tch about the left on this site because there's zero point in adding to the chorus of rage-filled megaphones shouting down even the slightest whiff of a dissenting opinion. What I try to do, instead, is at least keep my complaints specific, and make it a point to say I don't believe that all conservatives think/behave the way the worst of F16 does. Not even close. I respect and agree with so many conservatives and conservative ideas. I just can't stand the manner in which many of those ideas are expressed on F16, specifically. That doesn't mean that I don't find certain tendencies of the left to be just as bad. I'm just not as vocal about them here because they're not the ones spewing their hate and nonsense all over F16 and thus the spillover here.
aggieforester05
AG
Like I said before, you're lack of self awareness is legendary. Your broad sweeping generalizations are the exact thing you complain about. Your failure to acknowledge the left has a big or bigger problem with crazy than the right is just so far from reality that it's not even funny. It's not just a handful of left wing extremists. Left wing extremism has become mainstream in a big way. We're looking at you all and think you must be taking crazy pills. Maybe you just truly don't understand us and we don't you, but the condescension and arrogance of the leftists in this thread is a big reason it's impossible to have a civilized political discussion. Just because 95%+ of media sides with the left doesn't make them correct. It just proves that most media is made by those who live in liberal enclaves and likely had a liberal arts education. Social media has amplified that and caused people on all sides to polarize. The constant false accusations of racism are the most inflammatory and unhealthy part of it all and it's all for cheap political points.
Another Doug
AG
Hi am from a place on the internet where by far the most popular topic for over two years was about a movement that believes Democrats eat babies. We are proud Americans that think we are the best democracy ever.... but we in no way think our elections are fair because we listen to brilliant litigators like Sidney Powell. Anyone who doesn't love Trump is a mindless zombie (except back when 16chan though he was a democrat plant). Why in gods name can't you understand how crazy you are for thinking racism exists?!!!
aggieforester05
AG
Another Doug said:

Hi am from a place on the internet where by far the most popular topic for over two years was about a movement that believes Democrats eat babies. We are proud Americans that think we are the best democracy ever.... but we in no way think our elections are fair because we listen to brilliant litigators like Sidney Powell. Anyone who doesn't love Trump is a mindless zombie (except back when 16chan though he was a democrat plant). Why in gods name can't you understand how crazy you are for thinking racism exists?!!!

So now I'm a Q believer? I don't even know anyone who followed that. You obviously know nothing about me. I guess you believed there were Trump golden shower tapes? You can kindly gfy of you're not willing to have a conversation without being an arrogant a hole.
snowdog90
TCTTS said:

The above two posts are why it's impossible to engage with any of you on any kind reasonable level. It's just sweeping generalization after sweeping generalization, in which you're frothingly, irrationally angry at an enemy you've built up in your minds to Bond-villain-level proportions and Satan-level intentions. I'm not saying there isn't a contingent of those in the radical left who meet your descriptions. But the way you amplify and ascribe the intentions of a few to an entire swath of this country makes it impossible for those of us not in the F16 bubble to take you seriously.

I don't b*tch about the left on this site because those who support the left don't post and interject insane political sh*t here on the entertainment board day after day. I don't b*tch about the left here because there's zero point in adding to the chorus of rage-filled megaphones shouting down even the slightest whiff of a dissenting opinion. What I try to do, instead, is at least keep my complaints specific, and make it a point to say I don't believe that all conservatives think/behave the way the worst of F16 does. Not even close. I respect and agree with so many conservatives and conservative ideas. I just can't stand the manner in which many of those ideas are expressed on F16, specifically. That doesn't mean that I don't find certain tendencies of the left to be just as bad. I'm just not as vocal about them here because they're not the ones spewing their hate and nonsense all over F16 and thus the spillover here.

Okay... you're complaining about sweeping generalizations, and yet almost every bullet of yours was a sweeping generalization. I answered all your generalizations with
specifics, and yet you won't address anything I said specifically. That's the common liberal tactic on f16 and it gets really old. I'm okay being wrong. I was wrong about W and Dick Cheney. I now know they were scumbag liars. But you have to prove to me I'm wrong.

You made these random statements about mass shootings and race and you give no examples. And you talk about f16 spewing hate, another generalization. You don't see all the instances of the left spewing hate? You don't see the violent hate demonstrated by antifa and blm? You didn't see all the Twitter hate leveled at Rush Limbaugh?

Tell me where I'm wrong specifically, and prove it, and I'll gladly admit it.
expresswrittenconsent
False accusations of racism is hilarious. Maybe the party should stop trying to reduce voting rights/access. Maybe when given the repeated chance to denounce racist supporters in the party someone should actually do that. Maybe the racist POTUS shouldn't call the neo-nazis at Charlottesville "good people".
aggieforester05
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

False accusations of racism is hilarious. Maybe the party should stop trying to reduce voting rights/access. Maybe when given the repeated chance to denounce racist supporters in the party someone should actually do that. Maybe the racist POTUS shouldn't call the neo-nazis at Charlottesville "good people".

Maybe you should back off the propaganda and try to be honest for a change.
TCTTS
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Like I said before, you're lack of self awareness is legendary. Your broad sweeping generalizations are the exact thing you complain about. Your failure to acknowledge the left has a big or bigger problem with crazy than the right is just so far from reality that it's not even funny. It's not just a handful of left wing extremists. Left wing extremism has become mainstream in a big way. We're looking at you all and think you must be taking crazy pills. Maybe you just truly don't understand us and we don't you, but the condescension and arrogance of the leftists in this thread is a big reason it's impossible to have a civilized political discussion. Just because 95%+ of media sides with the left doesn't make them correct. It just proves that most media is made by those who live in liberal enclaves and likely had a liberal arts education. Social media has amplified that and caused people on all sides to polarize. The constant false accusations of racism are the most inflammatory and unhealthy part of it all and it's all for cheap political points.

At this point you're probably right because I have no idea what you're talking about any more. You keep saying that I'm not self aware because I refuse to admit that the left has a problem, yet I've now stated in at least three different posts that yes, the left has problem as well. I simply choose not to belabor those problems here because the only politics I talk are almost exclusively in reaction to the F16ers coming to this board and interjecting their political views into entertainment threads. I hardly ever proactively talk politics on this site. It's almost exclusively from a defensive position.

Really, this isn't a complicated situation to comprehend, and I feel like I've explained myself numerous times now.

Further, your BELIEF that the left has big or bigger problem with crazy than the right is an OPINION. It might be right. It might be wrong. Either way, you can't keep stating something like that as an undeniable fact and then call me out for not admitting to it.

As for the "accusations of racism"...

- Comparing Michelle Obama to an ape, something I've absolutely seen multiple times on F16... is undeniably racist.

- Promoting the Obama birther conspiracy, something I absolutely saw F16 posters do... is undeniably racist.

- Supporting voter suppression laws that are CLEARY designed to disenfranchise people of color from voting... is undeniably racist.

- The multiple threads and posts I've seen on F16 arguing against diversity... are undeniably racist.

- Peddling a narrative that pegs the entirety of BLM as a radical Marxist organization hell bent on destroying America ... is undeniably racist. When, in reality, there are the radicals who officially hijacked the movement, yes, but also those - the vast majority - who simply share the sentiment as a way of promoting social and systemic equality.

- Finally, a thread titled "Why I'm a little bit racist"... is - you guessed it - undeniably racist.

I'm not saying *you're* racist. I'm not saying most of F16 is racist. But racist thoughts ARE expressed on that board, more frequently than any reasonable person should tolerate, and to either not recognize those sentiments as racist - or, worse - to keep trying to sweep those sentiments under the rug while crying that we're only "sowing division" by pointing them out, isn't a good look and completely misses the underlying issue.
tysker
AG
The only people more obsessed with Q anon conspiracies are the anti-Q anon conspiracists. Both groups need to get a room already.
aggieforester05
AG
I don't have time to respond to all of this right now, but I just wanted to quickly point out that the assertion that labeling the entire BLM organization as Marxists is in no way racist. That doesn't even make sense. Furthermore if you read my post in its entirety you'd realize that I did no such thing.

Sure there are disgusting racists on both the left and the right, but you should not assume that the motivations of an entire political group are based on racism because of a few bad apples. The relentless accusations of racism over of policy positions of the right isn't helping anyone. There are legitimate reasons for these policy positions that have nothing to do with race. The Georgia law being about suppression of minority votes is a disgusting lie perpetrated by the leftist media and Democrats for cheap political points. Instead of arguing the merits, they just cry racism. It has to stop!
Another Doug
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Another Doug said:

So now I'm a Q believer? I don't even know anyone who followed that. You obviously know nothing about me. I guess you believed there were Trump golden shower tapes? You can kindly gfy of you're not willing to have a conversation without being an arrogant a hole.

I didn't say that, but if you hang out on 16chan, you know a lot of people who followed it, and if that's your crowd you aren't in any place to be throwing around crazy allegations.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.