Community

5,982 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by CDub06
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remind me again who Brie Larson was in Community?
jackie childs
ChipFTAC01 said:

i think she was a coat-check girl at a dance where Abed was trying to have two simultaneous dates (one with Shirley's friend and one with Annie's friend). Abed got to know her during the course of the evening and liked her. she may have appeared in a few other episodes too.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ah yes. Hard to believe that's the same girl. Amazing what a pair of "nerdy" glasses can do to a girl.
Quinn
AG
jackie childs said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

i think she was a coat-check girl at a dance where Abed was trying to have two simultaneous dates (one with Shirley's friend and one with Annie's friend). Abed got to know her during the course of the evening and liked her. she may have appeared in a few other episodes too.
She was in the corkboard episode and then the VCR old timey west game episode as well.
bearamedic99
AG
I confused the two for a while too.

I also get mixed up with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Mary-Louis Parker.
AliasMan02
AG
bearamedic99 said:

This makes me laugh every time

It seriously is in contention for one of the most hilarious moments in TV history.
AliasMan02
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I got so tingly inside.

If everyone was back except for Chevy do you think they could really make something that comes close to measuring up to the early seasons? Or would it undoubtedly be just a nostalgic cash grab for a show that lived out its purpose.

Harmon says he has a worthy story to do a movie with. In the direct-to-streaming world it seems like it should be doable.
TCTTS
AG
Watch Gillian Jacobs at the very end. She basically breaks and looks right into the camera for a split second.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've watched this show idk how many times and only on my last rewatch did I catch that Paget Brewster is cast once as a one off IT lady in the episode about trying to get the bulletin board up; and then later recast as Frankie the administrative assistant.

They even put a small missable meta joke where Frankie says "I tried emailing the IT lady but my emails bounce back in Aramaic and when I call I hear an undulating high pitch whistle that makes my nose bleed" lol
BQ2001
AG
he says he did that rap in one take
Prosperdick
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bearamedic99 said:

Abed and the Dean are both in the MCU.

It makes me wonder if Alison Brie might get a role after getting super fit for GLOW.

I thought she was .....I was very very confused.

So I knew the chick in Community mostly as her character Annie really and I knew she was in Mad Men so I had heard the name Allison Brie probably. Anyway, when I heard Captain Marvel was cast and the name Brie Larsen popped up I was like "who is that?" and when I searched her name Community popped up as a prior role. So I was like "ohhhh she's that girl"...... but I was thinking Annie/Allison Brie cuz the names were close enough.

So I spent the next year plus before I saw any previews thinking it was going to be her in Captain Marvel and I kept thinking.....what an odd choice but ok. Like if pudgy dumpy Chris Pratt from community can transform into an action hero why not. And although I did not watch GLOW I knew she was on there also.

Then when the previews came out I was like wait WTF... who the hell was I thinking of???? Had to go back and look and then find videos of Brie Larsens smaller role on Community and then I was like oops.
I could easily see Community do a bit on how silly Brie Larsen looks when she runs...my kids were like "how can they CGI Superman's mustache off but not make Captain Marvel run athletically?"
ChipFTAC01
AG
Dan Harmon and Vince Gillian might be the only two tv writers in Hollywood that I'd have any faith that might be the case.

I do think that ultimately, like so many shows (especially sitcoms) that are successful and outlive their premise, there's only so much material you can get out of friends going to college together. Eventually everyone has to grow up and move on.
AliasMan02
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Dan Harmon and Vince Gillian might be the only two tv writers in Hollywood that I'd have any faith that might be the case.

I do think that ultimately, like so many shows (especially sitcoms) that are successful and outlive their premise, there's only so much material you can get out of friends going to college together. Eventually everyone has to grow up and move on.

The rumor has always been that it's about the study group going to find Troy.
MW03
AG
"I wouldn't go to this toilet with my big sister's toe."

redline248
AG
JuCo CH46 said:

Last night we watched the episode (season one Romantic Expressionism) were they start to talk about their group sleeping with each other and Abed comments on how they are acting like the incestous Brady bunch. Then they all start giving each other "eyes" to see who is willing to sleep with who. Brittany and Annie hold each other's look to long and it's f* hilarious. The whole damn scene was great.
There's another one where they are looking at Abed's list of things to do and one of the items is "make out with the hottest girl in the school" and both Annie and Britta look at each other like "was it you? no? it wasn't me?" and they are both like wtf
Saxsoon
AG
AliasMan02 said:

bearamedic99 said:

It seriously is in contention for one of the most hilarious moments in TV history.

Dude is insanely talented. I guess he did a lip sync battle against Joel and Joel just said **** because he knew he would lose.
'03ag
AliasMan02 said:

bearamedic99 said:

Honestly, I prefer this one.

"I have to go to the bank today" is thrown around in my house a lot.
Carlo4
AG
heddleston said:

I still sing Daybreak while doing stuff around the house.
Before my wife ever saw the show, I would hum it. Now that she has seen the show on multiple viewings, she now hums it around the house. Other than the future birth of our children, this is my proudest moment as a husband.
Duncan Idaho
Carlo4 said:

heddleston said:

Before my wife ever saw the show, I would hum it. Now that she has seen the show on multiple viewings, she now hums it around the house. Other than the future birth of our children, this is my proudest moment as a husband.

Luckily I caught a ban for making a joke about someone's parenting skills otherwise I would make a joke along the lines of "depending on how the kids turn out it just might be your proudest moment".
Carlo4
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Carlo4 said:

heddleston said:

Luckily I caught a ban for making a joke about someone's parenting skills otherwise I would make a joke along the lines of "depending on how the kids turn out it just might be your proudest moment".
You owe me a new laptop after I just spit my drink out all over it.
MW03
AG

MW03
AG
I'm on rewatch 10 or something at this point, and I maintain that it's one of the most underrated shows in the 30-min sitcom genre, right alongside 30 Rock.
Moral High Horse
BEAR Down for mid terms
EASyAg06
AG
This made me go back and start over from the beginning. The big ones have been discussed but I always loved the Christmas rap and thought the lyrics were incredible.

Vince Blake
Has Advanced Dungeons and Dragons been added back yet? I love Community. I was in from the broadcast of the pilot. But I can't do a rewatch without what I think is the best episode.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Is Community still on Amazon Prime? If so, they have the D&D episode.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDub06
AG
Saw the bump and was hoping for an update on the movie...

Y'all let me down, but I googled it and it seems promising.

Quote:

Speaking to Screen Rant, McHale revealed the progress of the Community film following the end of the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes which suspended production. According to McHale, who starred as ex-lawyer Jeff Winger in the eponymous NBC series, all signs point towards a summer 2024 start for principal photography. "I think it'll be next summer, and I might be talking out of my a--, but that seems like enough lead time to get everybody together," he said ."I have to finish Animal Control, which I am very excited to return to. So, that all said, I think it'll be next summer, hopefully, with probably a holiday release is my guess? Yeah, it's a quick turnaround, but I believe that it can happen."
[url=https://www.cbr.com/joel-mchale-brushes-off-chevy-chase-community/][/url]
https://www.cbr.com/joel-mchale-filming-start-community-movie/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.