Community

5,817 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CDub06
JuCo CH46
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Started to rewatch Community a couple weeks ago... damn that show is funny. So many side jokes and call backs. The wife was pissed about it and now she is totally in. How did "Abed" not win an Emmy every year???
The Dirty Sock
MROD92
I too was late to the party. Binge watched it a few months ago for the first time. Fantastic "meta" show.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
One of my favorite shows

Duncan Idaho
The Beetlejuice gag and the abed delivering a bady in the background story were probably my favorite hidden gems of the show
israeliag
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

One of my favorite shows

I rewatched this show recently, too, and holy **** is this scene so much funnier than I remembered. And I remembered it being funny enough to spawn one of the greatest gifs on the internet.
Carlo4
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

The Beetlejuice gag and the abed delivering a bady in the background story were probably my favorite hidden gems of the show

Pilot first minute. Chevy chase uses the ketchup bottle on his hot dog and Mayo comes out. Shows how terrible the school is...

10 years later: opener to Avengers Endgame. Hawkeyes daughter asks him why would anyone put Mayo on a hot dog.

Same guys did both shows. Easter eggs are littered with Commuity/Marvel references and guest appearances. Also breaking bad and Cougar Town to a lesser degree. It's awesome.

bearamedic99
AG
Abed and the Dean are both in the MCU.

It makes me wonder if Alison Brie might get a role after getting super fit for GLOW.
Max Power
AG
So is Ken Jeong.
TCTTS
AG
And Shirley's in Endgame.
redbaron788
AG
Donald glover is in Spider-Man: homecoming
JuCo CH46
Last night we watched the episode (season one Romantic Expressionism) were they start to talk about their group sleeping with each other and Abed comments on how they are acting like the incestous Brady bunch. Then they all start giving each other "eyes" to see who is willing to sleep with who. Brittany and Annie hold each other's look to long and it's f* hilarious. The whole damn scene was great.
Anchorhold
I couldn't stand the show when it aired, but I Just really enjoyed the pilot. Maybe this time it will stick.

It really helps to have prime Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs.
TCTTS
AG
With all the pop culture references and influences, I was worried that in 2021 a chunk of the show would feel dated, but I did an entire six-season rewatch recently as well, and I think I liked it even more than I did when I originally watched back in the day. It's just so damn good. Even season six, which I found to be terrible the first go around, had its charms, and the final episode, especially, was pitch-perfect. One of my favorite shows of all time.
Carlo4
AG
Max Power said:

So is Ken Jeong.

He's a security guard as well... let's not that slip by anyone
NoahAg
First 4 seasons were just the best. But it did decline quite a bit when "Troy" left.
Average Joe
AG
I binged it for the first time a few months ago. Abed is easily one of my favorite characters and the paintball episodes were awesome. The show did kinda sag a little when original members of the study group started falling off, but it was still very good.
JuCo CH46
I can't wait to rewatch the paintball episode! It's been so long I don't remember much other than the fact that I loved it at the time.
Tanya 93
I watched one episode after it was mentioned when I made thread on The Floor is Lava.

That was so freaking funny
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Carlo4 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Pilot first minute. Chevy chase uses the ketchup bottle on his hot dog and Mayo comes out. Shows how terrible the school is...

10 years later: opener to Avengers Endgame. Hawkeyes daughter asks him why would anyone put Mayo on a hot dog.

Same guys did both shows. Easter eggs are littered with Commuity/Marvel references and guest appearances. Also breaking bad and Cougar Town to a lesser degree. It's awesome.

The Captain America Elevator scene is my favorite

Also, the running daybreak gag is awesome
HoustonAg2106
AG
TCTTS
AG
Once the actual footage kicks in, there was about ten seconds where I thought that was real and I about lost my mind. I thought they'd somehow shot the movie in secret.
jeffk
AG
Annie's boobs
heddleston
AG
I still sing Daybreak while doing stuff around the house.
HoustonAg2106
AG
lol me too, I wanted it to be real so badly
ChipFTAC01
AG
I got so tingly inside.

If everyone was back except for Chevy do you think they could really make something that comes close to measuring up to the early seasons? Or would it undoubtedly be just a nostalgic cash grab for a show that lived out its purpose.
CowtownAg06
AG
Donde esta la biblioteca?
Carlo4
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Carlo4 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

The Captain America Elevator scene is my favorite

Guy standing behind the Dean is also in the elevator in Winter Soldier
The Dirty Sock
FightinTexasAg15 said:

bearamedic99
AG
bearamedic99
AG
This makes me laugh every time

Duncan Idaho
That is me at every public speaking engagement.

Not the bad ass rap part.. The shaking and the crying "I don't know what that was" part.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Abed and the Dean are both in the MCU.

It makes me wonder if Alison Brie might get a role after getting super fit for GLOW.

I thought she was .....I was very very confused.

So I knew the chick in Community mostly as her character Annie really and I knew she was in Mad Men so I had heard the name Allison Brie probably. Anyway, when I heard Captain Marvel was cast and the name Brie Larsen popped up I was like "who is that?" and when I searched her name Community popped up as a prior role. So I was like "ohhhh she's that girl"...... but I was thinking Annie/Allison Brie cuz the names were close enough.

So I spent the next year plus before I saw any previews thinking it was going to be her in Captain Marvel and I kept thinking.....what an odd choice but ok. Like if pudgy dumpy Chris Pratt from community can transform into an action hero why not. And although I did not watch GLOW I knew she was on there also.

Then when the previews came out I was like wait WTF... who the hell was I thinking of???? Had to go back and look and then find videos of Brie Larsens smaller role on Community and then I was like oops.

oragator
I don't think this board could function without a monthly thread on Community.
israeliag
AG
MCU convo: don't forget Ludwig Goransson also doing the soundtrack for Black Panther.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.