Star Trek: The Lower Decks

932 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Star Wars Memes Only
Star Wars Memes Only
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't seen a thread on this, so I thought I'd create one.

Is anyone watching this? This show is fantastic, especially if you're a fan of some of the older Treks.

If you're unfamiliar, the first paragraph of its Wikipedia entry reads:

Quote:

Star Trek: Lower Decks is an American adult animated television series created by Mike McMahan for the streaming service CBS All Access (later rebranded as Paramount+). It is the ninth Star Trek series and was launched in 2020 as part of executive producer Alex Kurtzman's expanded Star Trek Universe. Lower Decks is the first animated Star Trek series since the 1970s series Star Trek: The Animated Series. It follows the low-ranking support crew of the starship U.S.S. Cerritos in the year 2380.
israeliag
AG
I just started watching it this week and loving it. I think I'm four eps in. The last one i saw I didn't like much because the Captain and Mariner are not likeable at all and their dynamic is starting to be repetitively annoying (Mariner has her good moments but there isn't much redeemable about the Captain).

Jack Quaid is great in his roll, and it's fun to see all the little Easter eggs. They do a great job of finding and adding silly humor in the normally strict sandbox that is Star Trek.
G Martin 87
AG
Finished it and loved every second. And it's canon! So events and characters in LD can crossover to other ST series, and vice versa. Will buy season 1 as soon as it's released on iTunes.
C@LAg
My only issue is that so many of the references to the greater ST universe felt both forced and too numerous, like their version of the Family Guy asides.

But the core stories were entertaining enough.
G Martin 87
AG
You mean like
Quote:

No! I think she's a secret alien who's gonna eat you, or a Romulan spy, or a salt succubus, or an android, or a Changeling, or one of those sexy people in rompers that murders you just for going on the grass!
or
Quote:

I'm sorry I'm late, I was watching the first Enterprise on the holodeck. You know, Archer and those guys? What a story. Those guys had a long road getting from there to here.
Comedy gold.
MGS
Most important officer in Starfleet history:

... Miles O'Brian
Star Wars Memes Only
C@LAg said:

My only issue is that so many of the references to the greater ST universe felt both forced and too numerous

This is a feature, not a bug in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.