*****Ted Lasso*****

57,424 Views | 406 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chilidogfood
Azariah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No thread on this yet?

Showrunner Bill Lawrence with David Sudekis. Built on the NBC Sports sketch from a few years ago where an American football coach is hired to run an EPL team.

It's on AppleTV+. Three episodes out as of 8/14, and it is outstanding. It needs a couple of episodes to settle in, but by the end of the third I was hooked and furious that there were no more out.
YNWA_AG
AG
It wasn't the greatest show on earth but I enjoyed the first 3 episodes. Hilarious that they are hosted crystal palace at crystal palaces actual home stadium
PatAg
AG
Azariah said:

No thread on this yet?

Showrunner Bill Lawrence with David Sudekis. Built on the NBC Sports sketch from a few years ago where an American football coach is hired to run an EPL team.

It's on AppleTV+. Three episodes out as of 8/14, and it is outstanding. It needs a couple of episodes to settle in, but by the end of the third I was hooked and furious that there were no more out.
I like where it's headed, a lot of funny stuff. Some generic/dumb stuff, but that is to be expected
expresswrittenconsent
Man, David Sudekis is the best.
bonfarr
AG
I like the show and my wife does as well and it is rare that we find a series we both enjoy. There isn't anything groundbreaking as the plot borrows quite a bit from Major League. There are some decent laughs and it looks like it is headed in a good direction.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Really enjoyable show. A blast of fresh air.
AgGrad99
AG

Stumbled across this show yesterday, and watched the first three episodes. Loved it.

<Impatiently> Waiting for Ep.4 to drop tomorrow.

walton91
Watched the first episode and a half last night. Strong Major League influence but will probably give it a few more
LawHall88
AG
I'm still trying to decide if Apple TV is worth the money. I'd like to watch this, but I haven't seen much else that motivates me to pay for another channel.
boogieman
AG
Pleasantly surprised by this one. Funny and wholesome. Enjoyed the first 3 episodes, really looking forward to the 4th tomorrow.
bonfarr
AG
LawHall88 said:

I'm still trying to decide if Apple TV is worth the money. I'd like to watch this, but I haven't seen much else that motivates me to pay for another channel.

Other than the Tom Hanks movie Greyhound and Ted Lasso there isnt **** on AppleTV worth watching. I only have it because i got a 12 mo free sub with the Iphone11 I was given by my employer.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
AgGrad99
AG
Was about to post the same thing.

Greyhound was good. This is good. That's about all i've liked.
PatAg
AG
bonfarr said:

LawHall88 said:

Other than the Tom Hanks movie Greyhound and Ted Lasso there isnt **** on AppleTV worth watching. I only have it because i got a 12 mo free sub with the Iphone11 I was given by my employer.
Mythic Quest is really good.
ChipFTAC01
AG
We watched the first two episodes the other night (all I could get for free). My wife who hates sitcoms enjoyed it because she's English and sad and misses home. I enjoyed it because I loved the character when he rolled it out a few years ago. Wish I could watch the rest of the episodes but don't want to sign up for apple to pay for it.
YNWA_AG
AG
Defending Jacob is worth a watch as well
birdman
It's a charming lightweight sitcom. After four episodes, it's time to progress the story a bit.

Everything the assistant coach says or does is hilarious.
PatAg
AG
birdman said:

It's a charming lightweight sitcom. After four episodes, it's time to progress the story a bit.

Everything the assistant coach says or does is hilarious.
agreed on all of that
The Milkman
AG
The Morning Show was fantastic.
jeffk
AG
For All Mankind was cool.
Fairview20
AG
So far I like it a lot. It's pretty cheesy, but in a good way and for 30 min/ week it is defintely worth watching.
La Fours
AG
I just watched the first four episodes tonight. I love it. It's hilarious.
Brad 98
AG
I hope Apple TV renews this show!
Quad Dog
AG
I got good news for you. My wife and I are fans of the show too.
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ted-lasso-renewed-season-2-apple-1234740098/
Quad Dog
AG
By the way if you are trying to figure out where you know the team's owner from:
bonfarr
AG
The Milkman said:

The Morning Show was fantastic.

Meh, every single character in the show is unlikeable.
jeffk
AG
How many episodes does this season have?
La Fours
AG
IMDb says there will be 12 episodes.
LHIOB
AG
Beastie Boys doc is outstanding
bonfarr
AG
LHIOB said:

Beastie Boys doc is outstanding

Watched the first 10 minutes last night and agree with this, I plan to finish tonight.
boogieman
AG
Great episode.
The Doc Brown impression had me laughing.
jeffk
AG
"The actor!?"

fig96
AG
PatAg said:

bonfarr said:

LawHall88 said:

Mythic Quest is really good.
Mythic Quest is great, still need to see the Beastie Boys doc. I don't know that I would have subscribed if I hadn't gotten a free sub with an Apple device though (which might be an interesting and different topic).

Started Ted Lasso over the weekend and finished ep 2 last night. Definitely borrows from Major League thematically, as has been noted, but it's a lot of fun and surprisingly heartfelt. Suedeikis is perfect in the lead and hilarious and the assistant coach is a fantastic straight man for him to play off. As a big soccer fan that aspect of the show is really fun for me as well.

Overall I'm very pleasantly surprised, looking forward to more.
MichaelJ
AG
Apple TV + has really impressed me

Morning show was good
Ted lasso is great
Mythic quest was fun
And the little America series is really well done.

I only subscribed because I wanted to see greyhound but have kept it because of the rest
jeffk
AG
Dammit!
AgGrad99
AG
Practice! We talkin bout practice??!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.