"Raised by Wolves" series (HBO) from Ridley Scott

13,744 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GreasenUSA
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what in the actual f-ck
Sex Panther
AG
redline248 said:

what in the actual f-ck

Seconded
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
That would be a little annoying.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
dummble
AG
Ridley said in a reddit ama that it was not connected.
spanky
AG
Welp that ending...not what I was looking forward to after the whole build up
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
spanky said:

Welp that ending...not what I was looking forward to after the whole build up

Yeah, I was like WTF...

I did call that the snekes were somehow psychic/telepathic, telling everybody what to do to birth another snek and that everyone was incorrectly assuming it was Sol.

That was what yall got from the ending right???? Telepathic, rapid growing, flying, snek monsters -vs- little abandoned children and abandoned Mysantic followers -vs- new athiest Arc - for season 2??

IDK if I'll watch next season IMO - got way too weird in the last two episodes.

How did the snek baby get in her robo belly?????
redline248
AG
There is no telling what's going on, but I do have some thoughts/questions

• The mithraic built the necromancers using "directions" they claim to have come from Sol
  • There are, or were, humanoids on the planet
  • What was the guy in the polygon box? Didn't it seem like whatever was coming out of the mouth was the same as the white blood in the androids? When Mother took the mask off that corpse did the skull look kind of metallic to anyone else?
  • The giant "temple" also was the same shape as the creature box.
  • Possible that somehow the creatures on the planet sent out stuff that made its way to Earth and started the faith of Sol?
  • I don't know if it was a dormant telepathic snake that is "talking" to the humans. I think it's some weird sentient AI type thing...how else could it corrupt the virtual system Mother plugged into and made her pregnant?
  • So, is the new snake some kind of hybrid cyborg kind of thing?

So much to wonder
Sex Panther
AG
redline248 said:

• What was the guy in the polygon box? Didn't it seem like whatever was coming out of the mouth was the same as the white blood in the androids? When Mother took the mask off that corpse did the skull look kind of metallic to anyone else?

I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive that was a Necromancer "skull"
redline248
AG
Yeah, it really looked like it was machine-like
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Yes yes, much to wonder.
ag88man
AG
This article responds to some of those thoughts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/01/arts/television/raised-by-wolves-finale-ridley-scott.html

Max Power
AG
So I made myself watch through the end. What in the actual F was that show? That was just weird, can't say it was enjoyable, just straight up weird. Not sure I understand why they would do another season, just seemed like a completely pointless show. So many references to Ridley works of the past, and not in a good way. This show wasn't good.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Ohhhhhh, so that's WTF was going on.

CoolAggie
AG
I'm late to this party but what in the actual ****?! I'm out for season 2. Show had a good premise but crashed and burned at the end. Maybe Ridley Scott should stick to movies.
91_Aggie
AG
I didnt even finish first episode of this
sockerton
Dang, just finished and it was... crazy
C@LAg
CoolAggie said:

I'm late to this party but what in the actual ****?! I'm out for season 2. Show had a good premise but crashed and burned at the end. Maybe Ridley Scott should stick to movies.
why? he ruined any chance of the aliens franchise being entertaining/
Matt_ag98
Season 2 drops first two episodes on February 3rd...
Camo
came across this today. I am big Travis Fimmel fan since he was so good in vikings. will check it out
Tonyperkis
AG
Anyone start season 2? Curious to hear about it
israeliag
AG
I'm gonna wait to binge this season. Did that with season 1, and I could tell it would have been way worse waiting a week between each ep and forget some of the plot points.
Sex Panther
AG
I watched the first two. They dump you right back in and the pace seems faster this season (not sure that's a good thing). So it was kind of confusing. I watched a season 1 recap and I was still a bit confused.

But that said, I love this show. It is so ****ing weird and ambitious sci-fi. And I was pretty surprised in episode 2 we are already getting Giant Flying Bat**** Crazy Snake Monster
Tonyperkis
AG
Glad to hear it's enjoyable. I'm definitely going to catch up to it at some point soon. I may agree with the binging strategy of Israeliag
GreasenUSA
AG
Caught up on the first 5 episodes of season 2 over the weekend. Seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on. This may be my favorite type of sci fi. Lots of nightmare fuel.

The CGI is a bit noticeable, though. They could use a budget increase for that.
CC09LawAg
GreasenUSA said:

Caught up on the first 5 episodes of season 2 over the weekend. Seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on. This may be my favorite type of sci fi. Lots of nightmare fuel.

The CGI is a bit noticeable, though. They could use a budget increase for that.
I am 100% certain that I have no idea what is going on but I am also 100% certain I am enjoying it!
Sex Panther
AG
CC09LawAg
Just put on your veil and enjoy the ride!
Counterpoint
AG
This is the weirdest show I actually love.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Just finished season 2 and at least some of the pieces are falling into place. I was getting worried that this was just aimless oddness like Lost, but with this season it looks like there's a plan behind it all. Really enjoying it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GreasenUSA
AG
Canceled

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/raised-by-wolves-canceled-hbo-max-1235284387/

Salim first shared the news that "Raised by Wolves" was in danger earlier Friday, writing in a series of tweets: "It's not surprising, especially after the news of the mergers and what is happening at Warner, that a lot of shows are not having their stories finished. And unfortunately, one of those shows is Raised by Wolves. Nothing has been publicly shared yet. And there is a reason for that. An important one. One which I'm here to share with you now. There is hope. You see, we're in a unique position: we have a fully fleshed out and planned storyline, a Goliath of a production team behind us, incredible reception from critics and reviewers alike, and most crucially, a community base that is so strong internationally, it can not be ignored. The reason the cancellation hasn't been announced, and that's because there's still a chance the story can continue, and be finished at a new home. This is where you all come in."

The "Raised by Wolves" star went on to request fans be as vocal as possible about their hopes for a third season, in an attempt to help Scott Free shop the show to another platform for a potential third season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.