TWISTER reboot in the works...

10,006 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love the original. And I have absolutely no problem with a reboot, especially if pairing director Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy, Oblivion, Only the Brave, Top Gun: Maverick) with producer Frank Marshall (Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, The Sixth Sense, The Bourne Trilogy). If anything, it will at least feel like an event and look incredible, which is all I can ask from something like this...

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/twister-reboot-joseph-kosinski-universal-1234648589/
scoop12
AG
This is one of my all time favorite movies. I'd rather a sequel with a new team than a reboot of the same story. Hopefully that's the direction they're taking.
oragator
What I learned from the first movie is that tornadoes can follow you, like the moon or a stalker.
redd38
AG
First one was pretty great, not sure what a reboot will bring to the table.
TCTTS
AG
scoop12 said:

This is one of my all time favorite movies. I'd rather a sequel with a new team than a reboot of the same story. Hopefully that's the direction they're taking.

Yeah, I doubt they just retread the exact same story, especially with Kosinski at the helm. And "reboot" could just as easily mean a "legacy" sequel with an original character or two (though the two best - Bill Paxton and Philip Seymour Hoffman - are no longer with us, unfortunately). Either way, I'm sure it will feel and be different enough.
powerbelly
AG
I am excited for the global warming plot beating me over the head.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Twister 2: The Suck Zone
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
First PG-13 movie I ever watched. Scared the **** out of me.
Lathspell
AG
I have only had nightmares of three things, my entire life. A T-Rex chasing me, seeing a sudden mushroom cloud in the distance, and tornadoes dropping from the sky to come and get me.

Why reboot such a 90's classic?

People just need to stop with this repackaging and be original.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I love the original movie.

But it's stupid as hell. I mean, "How Did this Get Made" level dumb.

But I still love it. It was the last movie my wife and I saw before we got married, so it is a special movie for us.

And I hate that they took the attraction out of Universal Studios Orlando.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

I have only had nightmares of three things, my entire life. A T-Rex chasing me, seeing a sudden mushroom cloud in the distance, and tornadoes dropping from the sky to come and get me.

Why reboot such a 90's classic?

People just need to stop with this repackaging and be original.

Let's say this exact same team made an original tornado chaser movie, and set it for release in 2022 or so. No matter how good it is, no matter what movie stars they get, it absolutely, undeniably makes more money if that same movie is simply called Twister. Not only that, but it likely doesn't even get greenlit if it's *not* called Twister. That's just the reality of the business, and the reality of current audience behavior. So what you're really saying is, "People just need to stop with the repackaging and make less money," and that's never going to happen.

I get what you're saying. We all want more originality out of Hollywood. But in this day and age, A) the market simply doesn't allow gambles like it used to, and B) again, I guarantee you this will be different enough from the original. In fact, I bet the only things it has in common are the Texas setting and the rival tornado chaser teams, but even those two elements aren't a sure thing.
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I love the original movie.

But it's stupid as hell. I mean, "How Did this Get Made" level dumb.

But I still love it. It was the last movie my wife and I saw before we got married, so it is a special movie for us.

And I hate that they took the attraction out of Universal Studios Orlando.

That's what's so funny about some of these responses. Yes, it's a "classic" (a classic blockbuster, at least). Yes, it's fun (and was scary) as hell. But man, there is some suuuuuper dumb stuff in it, and a modern take could absolutely improve on certain elements. Will it be as charming? Who knows? But Kosinski is really seemingly coming into his own as of late, and I'm absolutely willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.
PatAg
AG
Twister had a surprisingly talented cast, lots of character actors and "that guy". I hope they find a way to match that, and just updated crazy graphics..and its not too serious.
AgGrad99
AG
Hated that movie. It was so dumb. Acting was so over the top.

Surprised so many people liked it.
Tanya 93
Absolutely wrong

The plot is terrible but Bill Paxton made that movie watchable
Claude!
Didn't they already make a sequel: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133246/
PatAg
AG
I gotta go Julia, we got cows!
Urban Ag
AG
Love Twister.

Always loved this scene. I did the same thing about a year later driving through Copperas Cove after the Jarrell F5 came through. Never seen a dead cow stuck in an oak tree before.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. And that's exactly why I think they have something new/different up their sleeves.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Can we also get Sammy Hagar and Van Halen to reunite for the movie's soundtrack?
redd38
AG
Twister was the first movie I saw on DVD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FOOD. FOOD!
Fairview
AG
Great movie. I used to crank it on what I thought was my badass sounds system. It's also totally rewatchable.

I don't see how they make a sequel because they solved the early warning problem when Dorthy IV flew because they made those 10,000 coke can wings in like 30 minutes.

The real question will be what brand gets to be the featured truck like the Ram was in the original
Fat Bib Fortuna
That kicked off the summer of 96 that also delivered the rock, independence day, and mission impossible
jokershady
AG
You slaughter your own cows...Meg, nice!

Potato's?
Lathspell
AG
Okay.... doesn't lessen the point of how unoriginal and tired it is. I'm racking my brain to think of a reboot that was worth the time.

True Grit
The most recent ape movies? Though, those were nothing like the original

I can understand why one does something and still have a problem with it. Explaining the obvious doesn't display any unique form of knowledge.

redd38
AG
Mad Max
Bunk Moreland
It may work it may not. But it better feature the new age of dueling storm chasers like it did last time.
TCTTS
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Okay.... doesn't lessen the point of how unoriginal and tired it is. I'm racking my brain to think of a reboot that was worth the time.

True Grit
The most recent ape movies? Though, those were nothing like the original

I can understand why one does something and still have a problem with it. Explaining the obvious doesn't display any unique form of knowledge.

TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

That kicked off the summer of 96 that also delivered the rock, independence day, and mission impossible

What a summer.
Bunk Moreland
Also, who's our new Seymour-Hoffman? I vote Sam Rockwell
tk for tu juan
Guess we will see the Jeep Gladiator replace the destroyed Honcho

TCTTS
AG
I totally forgot that the tornado "growls."

And that you're basically fine as long you're outside a 10-yard-or-so radius of it.

Even then, you can survive being *in* one, just as long as you tie yourself to something.
redd38
AG
I hope it has a Ron White cameo explaining to some young storm chaser that it's not THAT the wind is blowing, but WHAT the wind is blowing
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.