Revisiting Gladiator

7,643 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by pdaddy
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

He just steals some of the scenes hes in.
You sold me queer giraffes.
hoosierAG
AG
One of the all time great movies.

I still can't believe Phoenix didn't win best supporting actor. Benicio del Torro did for his role in Traffic. Saw both and was totally underwhelmed compared to what Phoenix did.
YouBet
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

MW03 said:

Proximo was underrated. It's a shame he died before they could do reshoots.
Holy ****, what a way to go.

Quote:

Oliver Reed died from a heart attack during a break from filming Gladiator in Valletta, Malta, on the afternoon of 2 May 1999. According to witnesses, he drank eight pints of German lager, a dozen shots of rum, half a bottle of whiskey and a few shots of Hennessy cognac, in a drinking match against a group of sailors on shore leave from HMS Cumberland at a local pub. His bar bill totaled a little over 270 Maltese lira (about 594.72 USD). After beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling, Reed suddenly collapsed, dying while en route to hospital in an ambulance. He was 61 years old.

Holy hell! That is an epic way to go!
pdaddy
AG
I loved that guy. RIP Oliver!!
J182
AG
YouBet said:

Robert C. Christian said:

MW03 said:

Proximo was underrated. It's a shame he died before they could do reshoots.
Holy ****, what a way to go.

Quote:

Oliver Reed died from a heart attack during a break from filming Gladiator in Valletta, Malta, on the afternoon of 2 May 1999. According to witnesses, he drank eight pints of German lager, a dozen shots of rum, half a bottle of whiskey and a few shots of Hennessy cognac, in a drinking match against a group of sailors on shore leave from HMS Cumberland at a local pub. His bar bill totaled a little over 270 Maltese lira (about 594.72 USD). After beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling, Reed suddenly collapsed, dying while en route to hospital in an ambulance. He was 61 years old.

Holy hell! That is an epic way to go!
Oof that sounds like a miserable way to go tbh.

Quote:

The actor Omid Djalili, who was also in Malta at the time of Reed's death filming Gladiator, said during an interview in 2016: "He hadn't had a drink for months before filming started...Everyone said he went the way he wanted...sober, but that's not true. It was very tragic. He was in an Irish bar and was pressured into a drinking competition. He should have just left, but he didn't."
👽
cbr
AG
I really knid of dislike crowe, and popular movies, etc., but i have to admit, this was a great movie. And crowes been in some good ones. Dont know why he bugs me.
pdaddy
AG
If I was a 61 year old junior at A&M I probably would have gone out just like Reed at the Tap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.