*** The Challenge - Total Madness ***

20,188 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quinn
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nelson is dumb as a box of sand but hes good TV. That was an awesome moment and something that only a real man would do.

Im in the camp that thinks Johnny is playing the long game here. No reason to get Feesy on his bad side.
TajMaballer
AG
LisaMarie said:

I legit started tearing up when Nelly and Corey were saying bye at the end. Who would've guessed that this season would do that.
That's one thing I love about this show, which comes down to the editing of these "characters". In the same season, I've wanted Nelson out of the house for pure stupidity and grossness towards Aneesa and Kailah, but then root for him to beat Rogan. He was sooooo close, but again, just a lack of spatial awareness. Also, probably had a concussion from that first hit. Rogan also took some hits, so he might not be 100% for the final.

If I had to bet on a Men's winner, I have to go with Bananas. He has the experience of dealing with puzzles, eating gross ****, and the endurance. I don't think there was an eating challenge on this season, so there might be some gnarly **** in TJ's Final.

Women's is Jenny's to lose. One of the more dominating performers. Kaycee has performed well too. It would be cool to see Melissa win with a fetus in her. Thank god she wasn't in the Hall Brawl with Jenny. Might have had a heart attack.
LisaMarie
AG
Quote:

Women's is Jenny's to lose. One of the more dominating performers. Kaycee has performed well too.

The wild card for these physical competitors will definitely be the unexpected challenges, such as eating, heights, scary things like bugs or claustrophobic situations. They might do something like a polar plunge (since this is in cold location). Things like that can break even the strongest people, which I why I think this will be a super interesting challenge. I think it could be anyone's to win.
Petrino1
LisaMarie said:

Quote:

Women's is Jenny's to lose. One of the more dominating performers. Kaycee has performed well too.

The wild card for these physical competitors will definitely be the unexpected challenges, such as eating, heights, scary things like bugs or claustrophobic situations. They might do something like a polar plunge (since this is in cold location). Things like that can break even the strongest people, which I why I think this will be a super interesting challenge. I think it could be anyone's to win.
I think I still have my money on Fessi to win it all. Experience doesnt always equal success in these challenges. Turbo won it all in his first appearance. Ninja Natalie, Dee, Rogan etc all won (or went far) in their first or second appearances. Will be interesting to watch how Bananas does since a lot of people think hes washed up and past his prime. I think he said its been 6 seasons since he went to a finale.
Quinn
AG
Who thinks he's past his prime? It still seems like he can hold his own in the daily challenges.
pdc093
I just caught up with Thursday's episode....The SECOND Bananas face went from jubilation to stone when TJ says it's going to the the most "brutal final, in Challenge history"
I can't stop laughing...
LisaMarie
AG
Would you guys rather run a hot final or a cold? I hate being cold, I think I'd be miserable.
Petrino1
Quinn said:

Who thinks he's past his prime? It still seems like he can hold his own in the daily challenges.

I think it was Jemmye (spelling) a few seasons ago saying he's past his prime and hasn't done anything in the challenges recently. He's been eliminated pretty early the latest few seasons if I recall.
Petrino1
pdc093 said:

I just caught up with Thursday's episode....The SECOND Bananas face went from jubilation to stone when TJ says it's going to the the most "brutal final, in Challenge history"
I can't stop laughing...

Lol TJ always says that. The last two finals I didn't think were tough at all, especially the one turbo won. Some of the finals seem overly hard and others seem pretty easy in comparison.
strohag
AG
Would rather run a hot final. Looks like they will be in the cold and the altitude. That's a bad mix.
pdc093
I know. It's just that I think Bananas, as fit as he may be for his age, is VERY cognizant of his age going into this one....
I'm hoping he does well.
The one's I'm thinking will burn out quickly, are Bayleigh and Melissa.
I really wish Wes was running it.
Quinn
AG
Quinn said:

True, it's hard to know exactly how long the challenges have been (dragging junk back and forth), but he seems to be in fantastic shape. I do remember Zach gassing out in Free Agents when he seemed like a beast before that, so ya never know.

Quinn
AG
Quinn said:

Petrino1
Gotta be happy for bananas!

Anyone else think these Past few finals have been anticlimactic?? I think a 2 episode finale would have been much better.
Quinn
AG
My wife and I were wondering if part of the finale got cut after the blizzard came thru. Looked like zero visibility and that there was nothing else they could do besides hike.
TopFlightReject
Quinn said:

My wife and I were wondering if part of the finale got cut after the blizzard came thru. Looked like zero visibility and that there was nothing else they could do besides hike.
I've read the same on Vevmo and elsewhere. Bad storm rolled through so they had to improvise. Also, per Fessy, they allowed them inside due to the storm but made them sleep sitting up, couldnt lay down, etc.

Also read that TJ wasnt allowed by producers to give Melissa a hard time when she quit. He usually goes off on contestants when they quit and they usually arent allowed back but its speculated she found out she was pregnant right around the final set of challenges.

Do agree though the 1 night finale was a little anticlimatic. You could tell when Jenny reached the top she was like "wait... did i just win". Like they didnt even believe it.
gif
My wife was watching something on Bananas Instagram last night and apparently a ton of people were saying that the ending was staged, as Kyle actually won, but they wanted Bananas to end his curse so reshot the ending. Seems like a stretch, but who knows if it was just people that dislike Bananas.
Johnsy3
AG
Not that I'll rule out production twisting things, but the blizzard definitely caused the final to be cut short. And Bananas was still the man to beat; Fessy was gassed, Kyle is decent, and Cory is an idiot.

I want them to return the old the finals with no day 1 and day 2, no partner switching, no timed events. Just checkpoints with puzzles, food, and tons of endurance.
LisaMarie
AG
That was booooooorrrrrrring

I feel bad for Melissa because she is a badass and was 8? Weeks pregnant for all of this. I bet she was feeling like crap the whole time.
Quinn
AG
Dog Faced Pony Soldier said:

My wife was watching something on Bananas Instagram last night and apparently a ton of people were saying that the ending was staged, as Kyle actually won, but they wanted Bananas to end his curse so reshot the ending. Seems like a stretch, but who knows if it was just people that dislike Bananas.
I read it as Kyle claiming that there was only supposed to be a single winner, so Jenny should have received all of the money. He's saying that it was the same order of finish, but they changed it afterwards so that it was top guy and top girl. No clue if that's true or not - I could see it going either way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.