*** The Challenge - Total Madness ***

20,187 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Quinn
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know there are a few Challenge fans on here...

What a great start to the season! No Cara. No Paulie.

The newbies all seem to fit the mold of a Challenge cast member.

Love the twist that you cant run the final unless you have been to an elimination.

I hope this show goes forever.
TopFlightReject
The wife and I haven't watched a Challenge since season 30. Just got burnt out after watching from 22-30. We've ran out of stuff to watch and the premiere for this popped up the night it came on. What a difference from what I remember.

The production value seems to be upped tremendously. The bunker house is cool. And the elimination twist is great too. Still fun to see some of the old crew like CT, JB, and Wes but also see some BB newbies since we follow BBUS pretty religiously as well. Looks to be a fun season! I do miss Leroy though. He was my favorite.
GrayMatter
AG
LHIOB said:

I know there are a few Challenge fans on here...

What a great start to the season! No Cara. No Paulie.

The newbies all seem to fit the mold of a Challenge cast member.

Love the twist that you cant run the final unless you have been to an elimination.

I hope this show goes forever.
Cool! Had not realized that it started up again.

I didn't care much for the Cara/Paulie hate as I did for the format. The format sucked and thats why they ended up ruling or ruining the game last season.

This should be a fun and different season.

The Challenge/Road Rules has always been my guilty pleasure.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Perfect timing. This series needed a break from Cara and Paulie. **** they were a drain the last few seasons. CT and Rogan back to defend titles. Havent seen a few of these Originals in a while.
LHIOB
AG
I really wish MTV would put some old seasons on the app. Theres 3 or 4 on Amazon that you can buy but thats it.

If anyone finds some let us know!
Quinn
AG
They upped the production value a couple season ago, probably after season 30 if that's the last one you watched. I think the show itself is as strong as ever, even if I miss some of the old schoolers.

Glad that Paulie and Cara are not on this season. The show and the cast needed a break from them for sure.

I've grown fond of some of the Brits. The cast members from Big Brother have been pretty crappy. Josh is horrible, not sure why he keeps getting the call back. I asked some friends who don't watch the Challenge but watch Big Brother and they said he was terrible on that show too.

I've wondered why Johnny and Wes haven't teamed up before (yes I know their entire history), bc it's been so obvious that it would have been beneficial to them to do so.
GrayMatter
AG
Quinn said:

I've wondered why Johnny and Wes haven't teamed up before (yes I know their entire history), bc it's been so obvious that it would have been beneficial to them to do so.
Because they're not really that smart and bc the network encouraged them to be against each other.
LisaMarie
AG
Yay a Challenge thread!! No one else I know watches it so I don't have anyone to talk about it with. I've watched it for years and love it.

1. YAY NO PAULIE AND CARA. Cara is so different than she used to be and she needs to take a break.
2. Aneesa is back again (it's been a couple seasons, I think she was briefly in War of the Worlds. She doesnt look to be in shape though so she prob won't last long.
3. Asaf and his kind heart were obviously not going to last long.
4. Bayleigh needs to tone it the hell down, you're a rookie.
5. Dee is a stage 5 clinger
6. Love the bunker (can they go outside at all or only for challenges?)
7. I used to hate that they brought people in from other shows but now I really like the new blood it brings and we don't see the same cast over and over and over.

Hyped for the season!
expresswrittenconsent
Turbo >>>>> Asaf
I'm guessing turbo ain't returning though.

Defending champ Jordan is one of our greatest living athletes. His domination (with one working hand) of an Olympic athlete in the sledgehammer elimination last season was some John Henry level stuff.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Turbo was the best. Huge liability though.
Quinn
AG
I bet Turbo will be back eventually.
Brandamne
CT refuses to get back into shape!
LisaMarie
AG
Turbo will probably not be back. He straight up told production that he would kill Jordan and they couldn't stop him. He disregarded production's warnings more than once and had to be restrained by multiple security guys. He also threatened Jordan after the season saying his cousins would attack Jordon and film it.
Quinn
AG
He has won more seasons since he went dadbod than before - why change now?
Quinn
AG
LisaMarie said:

Turbo will probably not be back. He straight up told production that he would kill Jordan and they couldn't stop him. He disregarded production's warnings more than once and had to be restrained by multiple security guys. He also threatened Jordan after the season saying his cousins would attack Jordon and film it.

Yikes. I would say you are right in that case. Is that via the Challenge Reddit page?
LHIOB
AG
BrandonC said:

I ran into CT in Boston last summer. He built like a brick *hithouse. Really nice guy.
GrayMatter
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Turbo >>>>> Asaf

Defending champ Jordan is one of our greatest living athletes. His domination (with one working hand) of an Olympic athlete in the sledgehammer elimination last season was some John Henry level stuff.
I liked Asaf although it was weird that he hooked up with Nani so quickly.

I'm not a big fan of Jordan ever since he was responsible for getting Turbo kicked out of the show last season. The guy tries too hard to get underneath his biggest threats skin and it's annoying. He's a good athlete, but his mouth is his undoing.
GrayMatter
AG
LHIOB said:

BrandonC said:

I ran into CT in Boston last summer. He built like a brick *hithouse. Really nice guy.
CT is probably my favorite competitor. He's matured quite a bit and he does seem like a nice guy.
expresswrittenconsent
Ah yes, he dared to imitate Turbo's walk. How could he?
It was Turbos fault Turbo got kicked off.
Jordan is definitely an ass hole, though. But he's got 3 titles and a final in 5 seasons, and is 7-1 in eliminations, so I'm not sure his ego is his downfall.
LHIOB
AG
A buddy met Jordan and Tori at the Apple Store in Frisco a few years ago. He said they were both awesome.

Jordan used to annoy me but hes grown on me. A complete freak athlete who never complains that half of the challenges are completely unfair to him. He just goes out and wins. The hammer win was up there with the Johnny Bananas backpack for me.
gif
LHIOB said:

The hammer win was up there with the Johnny Bananas backpack for me.

This is one of the few things my wife and I watch together and this will always be one of our favorite moments.
HCSAggie97
AG
I have watched every season of the challenge. As much as I miss the real world/road rules aspect of the cast, the recent expansion to BB and Euros has definitely helped. Somehow a show with Kyle and Bear really makes me happy. I stand strong for Bananas. No toast this season?
redsquirrelAG
AG
Agreed on the Brits. Kyle, Bear, Rogan are some of my favorites.
LHIOB
AG
Dog Faced Pony Soldier said:

LHIOB said:

The hammer win was up there with the Johnny Bananas backpack for me.

This is one of the few things my wife and I watch together and this will always be one of our favorite moments.

Its just so amazing.

There are so many good cast members and good seasons of this show. Please MTV...give us access!!
expresswrittenconsent
Best part is CT wasn't even on that season - he came in for the elimination only and just went total hulk mode.
cwpaggie07
AG
CT and Jordan are definitely some of my favorites. Watching them win on the same team last season was greatness. Tori seems like an awesome girl. Kyle has grown on me, especially with how he had to deal with the Cara/Paulie cult last season
LisaMarie
AG
The reddit page is full of information but also spoilers so I read selectively.
Mucho austin
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Turbo >>>>> Asaf

YOU MAKING FUN OF MY WALK?

Man I lost it on that quote last season
redsquirrelAG
AG
Jenny is like they made this for me, I trained for this! Every episode. Lol. Fessy is legit. Jordan is an animal. Dude has 1.5 hands and wins on the reg.
LisaMarie
AG
Jenn was very pretty but wow so dumb. Also she appeared to be 90lbs soaking wet and didn't look very muscular. If she somehow miraculously won the elimination I cant imagine she would've been around much longer.
LHIOB
AG
That was classic Challenge. A whole amazing ep and we knew who was going home before it started!

Really enjoying the cast sans Paulie and Cara. There are some old schoolers that I wish would give it another run but the new class of players is growing on me.
Old School Brother
bring back kenny and evan!!!!
LHIOB
AG
Old School Brother said:

Tanya ended their careers with her lawsuit
Old School Brother
LHIOB said:

Old School Brother said:

oh, i'm well aware. would still be awesome to have them back.
LHIOB
AG
Old School Brother said:

LHIOB said:

Old School Brother said:

oh, i'm well aware. would still be awesome to have them back.

Kenny was awesome. Werent he and Cara on the same Freshmeat season?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.