*** SURVIVOR WINNERS AT WAR Thread and Pick'Em contest ***

40,664 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by double aught
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trash talking or maybe even projecting.

But the amount of time given to that comment means there may be some truth to the perception of men versus women.

Saint Pablo
Foxymophandlemama said:

But the amount of time given to that comment means there may be some truth to the perception of men versus women.

The reason that people are giving it time is because of assertions you are making about their perceptions that are not true...lol
Bobcat06
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

The fact that you respond to disagree with my post is proof that you secretly agree with me. [/lojik]
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I'm betting as a long time cop, good 'ol Sarah has had her boot on some dirtbag's neck telling him to stay down probably a number of times. I didn't really think she needed to drop the lack of respect card, but it was a strategy to try given this is a competition to win.

Thought it was perfectly harmless trash talk going in to a competition also. I know I probably would have said that or worse because we do that plenty at the golf course or beer drinking with buddies.
agsquirrel97
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I speak woke: "Reading last night's comments, it is apparent that many people were highly offended by a slight reference to socio-political issues. Those offended are precious little snowflakes".
This is the funniest thing I have read this week, simply awesome.

As far as the Sarah comment to Tony, I would probably not give it as much consideration from a guy if I am honest. However, I also would probably do a double-take if Tony said, "I am a strong male surrounded by females, woe is me" Bottom line, men and women are different, in general. There are different expectations of the two genders, in general. Yes, there are effiminent males and masculine females that blur those lines to some degree, but the expectations of my wife are different than the expectations of me. The expectations I have for my son are different than the expectations I have of my daughter. Both sets of expectations are high, and can be perceived as unfair when compared side by side, but the expectations are to challenge them to be better people.

Like Joe Rogan said, "my wife and daughters are my favorite people in the world, but I could beat the f*** out of them. I could f*** them up if I had the flu. If you are betting, bet on me. I can beat the f*** out of my cat too, I'm not proud of it, but it's true."

In the sense of survivor, it is fine for either sex to backstab, but there is a reason 99%+ of all bricklayers are men, because we are stronger and more extreme on the intelligence scale. There are less average intelligent men than women. Men tend to be smart or dumb, not in between. There are smart bricklayers so please don't misconstrue that.

*disclaimer - Sarah could probably kick my ass
Kellso
Southlake said:

Great game everybody. Thanks Muck for hosting!

Tony played the best and won.

I can't figure out how Michelle got that far; she's an idiot to me.

Nat is great at EoE.

I think if these players played 10 times, there'd be 10 different winners.

Probst hinting on a very very young Survivor cast next time??
I am a fan of Michelle. She would have gotten my vote at the FTC.
I'll tell you who Michelle is......she is the San Antonio Spurs of Survivor.

Underestimated,ditzy, small time, and not spectacular.......but very, very, very good.
Michelle is not a major media market like a Tony, Sarah, or Sandra. But if any of the big time player slips up, all of a sudden she is in the Finals with a chance to win the title....and sometimes she will.

She has a poor mans Parvatti like sex appeal. This helps her social game.

I reward players that can make it to the end without being in a dominant alliance. I also give double points for clutch immunity wins when your game is almost over. That is how she won her first season.

Tony deserved the win. He is definitly one of the GOATS.

Here are my GOATS of Survivor in terms of gameplay:
Top 5 (In no order)
Tony
Sarah the Cop
Sandra
*Boston Rob (*Somewhat overrated, but still one of the best)
Parvatti

Honorable Mention
Richard Hatch
Jeremy Fire Fighter
Nadia

I think in most situations these players would make it far in any season...except for seasons where they would be intentionally targeted because of their name and reputation.

rhutton125
AG
Fantastic season, fantastic winner. Tony is the GOAT. He may also have dethroned Yul as my personal favorite player. Nobody plays harder or more creatively than Tony.

Natalie is a beast - glad she got off EOE but also that she didn't beat Tony. EOE is broken but it was an entertaining side-game this season.

Just a great season overall. Wish we saw more of Yul, but oh well.
Trucker 96
Yeah, from a personal standpoint, I think Tony is a complete beating. But i've never seen a survivor successfully hustle as much as he does. His game definitely won me over
double aught
AG
Great season.

One moment I liked in the final episode: Tony tells Sarah, very matter-of-factly, almost apologetically, that he has to go get in his spy nest, as if that's a completely normal thing to do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.