*** SURVIVOR WINNERS AT WAR Thread and Pick'Em contest ***

40,790 Views | 462 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by double aught
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought for sure Tyson was a goner. A very powerful player on all fronts who just worked his way back from EOE, and they still didn't get him! Now he's a bit more off the radar and I think the best player in the game. He's obviously good at immunity challenges so they might not have another chance for a while.

If he doesn't get immunity next week, he should be sent packing.
expresswrittenconsent
I love Tony V, but he won with the Tyler Perry idol. Somewhat cheapens his win (as does his total flame out in his 2nd season)
LHIOB
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

I love Tony V, but he won with the Tyler Perry idol. Somewhat cheapens his win (as does his total flame out in his 2nd season)
I think Tony is one of the most overrated winners there is. He's entertaining but thats it for me.
HTownAg98

So name your GOAT. Easy enough to take shots without naming who you think is the best player ever.

This season's winner will have a very strong claim to that title. I know Sandra has played four times now, but quitting because it's going to be too hard is a huge negative against her. According to a source I read, there have been 17 that quit the game; a couple of those were for medical reasons. You don't get to call yourself the "queen" and then quit.
Rudyjax
AG
HTownAg98 said:

So name your GOAT. Easy enough to take shots without naming who you think is the best player ever.

This season's winner will have a very strong claim to that title. I know Sandra has played four times now, but quitting because it's going to be too hard is a huge negative against her. According to a source I read, there have been 17 that quit the game; a couple of those were for medical reasons. You don't get to call yourself the "queen" and then quit.

To be fair, she was voted out and had no interest of remaining on EoE. In my opinion, totally different than quitting during traditional game play.
MooreTrucker
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

HTownAg98 said:

To be fair, she was voted out and had no interest of remaining on EoE. In my opinion, totally different than quitting during traditional game play.
A bit different, but she still quit during gameplay since she COULD get back in. Now, I understand WHY she quit because she never completed in a challenge that she could avoid, and was never going to win the "get back in" challenge.

But yeah, no longer the Queen. Unless, I guess, a guy wins, then he's the King and she's the Queen...
expresswrittenconsent
I don't think most consider her to have quit - she was voted out. On the flip side I think pretty much everyone (fans and players) hates EOE, so I don't really think this hurts her legacy much at all. Those winners respect her, the "queen slayer" Denise has gone from a nobody to a big target based on that move.

Unrelated, but I also wonder if part of the reason Tyson skated by this time is because this group of winners won't vote for an EOE returnee as winner like the guy who played 7 days of 39 and won season 38.
LHIOB
AG
Tyson has lots of friends on the jury and hes well liked by pretty much everyone in the Survivor community from what I can tell. Hes a huge threat to win for many reasons.
expresswrittenconsent
Good point about the current jury.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
in hindsight, I wish Sandra would have at least stuck it out to see what the get-back-in challenge was. What if it had been mental or "which players does this describe?" format. Also if I were here everytime the rest raced off looking for fire tokens, I'd probably go through their stuff and swipe whatever I could.

I was hoping for a twist like - the player who got back in the game could pick someone else to come back with them, or opt to go back alone. Bringing a second person gives you an automatic voting bloc.

I'd like the next twist to be that the people still alive have to vote someone back into the game. Now they could all just vote the same person, then eliminate them, but if they do it with 6 or 8 left, the person voted in is suddenly a huge factor. ALternatively, I'd go for everyone on EoE to vote someone back in., and you can't vote for yourself.
Counterpoint
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

ALternatively, I'd go for everyone on EoE to vote someone back in., and you can't vote for yourself.

I like this, but wouldn't that give Rob and Amber a slight advantage?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Only if someone else voted for either of them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Found this on my google Drive while cleaning some stuff out yesterday. The Survivor Cambodia TxAgs standings from 2015. Incredible how many of us were also playing 5 years ago.
double aught
AG
Denise should've been more low key about knocking Sandra off. That's a speech you make to the final jury, not on front of people who can vote you out.

Normally, I really dislike the idea of EoE; it goes against the spirit of the game. But I kind of enjoy it this season because I like most of the players there and still root for them. If it was necessary to get this cast together, I'm ok with it. I'd just rather not see it return.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Agreed, because it really diminishes the finality of tribal council. I want people so angry that they're out of the game, not "oh I'm still alive!" That's why I hated that other thing where you had to win the challenge against the other castoff to stay alive.

If the continue EoE, it should be really, really difficult to live there, like even if other people are there, you are still isolated from each other except when it's time for the get-back-in challenge. Meaning if you can't start a fire or construct a shelter alone, tough sheet.
aggietony2010
AG
I can't remember them ever setting someone up to be embarrassed so badly at tribal.
Quinn
AG
I didn't want Adam to stick around, but I really wanted that to be an idol bc that would have been so clever of him and the producers.
bbattbq01
AG
Quinn said:

I didn't want Adam to stick around, but I really wanted that to be an idol bc that would have been so clever of him and the producers.

Jeff's face through the whole thing was great
LHIOB
AG
Happy to see Adam go. Hes not a terrible player I just like the rest of the cast better.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hey guys, I realize I didn't put a rule in for getting points every time your players survive a tribal post-merge, so I'm going to add that in to the rules and the standings.

+2 each time you have someone survive tribal post-merge, so I'm going to add in points for last week and last night and will post the new standings. Only 2 people had Kim and got the additional 5 last night.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Actually 3 people had Kim - so kudos to Southlake (jerkface getting all your jerk points), LHIOB, and Bulldog73 got the +5 last night.

Standings with surviving tribal council bonuses added for last week and this week. Tony Franklin, Southlake, gravy97, and LHIOB all still with 4 of 5 players alive.

1. Southlake 69
2. gravy97 60
3. LHIOB 55
4. Bobcat06 52
5. Tony Franklin: 49
6. Txaggiefarmer05 48
tx1c 48
8. Muckraker96 45
9. Quinn 41
10. bulldog73 37
11. TriumphForks 33
12. Tallgrant 32
13. agsquirrel97 23
TriumphForks
AG
Question about scoring. Do "found" immunity idols and advantages count if the person who found them is on Edge? Examples.... last week Rob bought an immunity idol with his fire tokens in case he won the return challenge and got back in. This week Parvati found the 50/50 coin flip advantage.
Quinn
AG
I agree - Jeff played it perfectly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TriumphForks said:

Question about scoring. Do "found" immunity idols and advantages count if the person who found them is on Edge? Examples.... last week Rob bought an immunity idol with his fire tokens in case he won the return challenge and got back in. This week Parvati found the 50/50 coin flip advantage.
no, just on the real island. you don't get points when you're on the edge unless you get back in the game.
Quinn
AG
It has been interesting this season that the game is basically all about their public personas and how they view each other in their heads. They are all so worried about how they are perceived, it doesn't seem as if they are playing a normal game. Are there any true alliances out there?
double aught
AG
Gotta give Adam credit for going down swinging.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Maybe it's just the edit going on, but why would that relatively cohesive group plow through the old style players, then now allow Tyson to float on the tide while he buys time to get to the important immunity challenges? He's basically got the jury in his back pocket according to them and their outside the game relationships. Plus, he is a proven challenge monster not only physical but mental.

Screw around picking off the Adams, Sarahs, and Nicks while he goes on a late immunity run with plenty of idols and the wild card fire tokens in play.

And I don't have Tyson on my team being another key reason to get rid of him.
expresswrittenconsent
My guess would be because its not about old school vs new school and never has been. The perceived big threats decided the only way to make it to the end is to band together and eliminate the lesser threats. Tyson tried that same tactic early on, but Tony wasn't ready to hear it yet.
agsquirrel97
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Actually 3 people had Kim - so kudos to Southlake (jerkface getting all your jerk points), LHIOB, and Bulldog73 got the +5 last night.

Standings with surviving tribal council bonuses added for last week and this week. Tony Franklin, Southlake, gravy97, and LHIOB all still with 4 of 5 players alive.

1. Southlake 69
2. gravy97 60
3. LHIOB 55
4. Bobcat06 52
5. Tony Franklin: 49
6. Txaggiefarmer05 48
tx1c 48
8. Muckraker96 45
9. Quinn 41
10. bulldog73 37
11. TriumphForks 33
12. Tallgrant 32
13. agsquirrel97 23
So picking the correct boot order was not the object of this game?

I think some people are using Tyson as a number and feel confident that everyone knows how dangerous he is and they all assume it will be easy to get him off when needed. He will have to win out to stay once we get down to about 7-8 remaining.

If they mess up, Tyson will get a lot of winner votes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Love your sense of humor. Much better than i finished last in the game of thrones pickem by 50 pts. At this point it always blows my mind that everyones strategy isnt just to eliminate the people you know can beat you. Adam is a rat but nobody's picking that guy to win
Southlake
It's so fluid and the players are so good that every week is very different. Things are changing prolly by the hour, but we only have 45 minutes to see what the editors want us to see every 3 days.

I'd think that with these high level players that 90 minute episodes would be better. But, we all love the show. Common folk probably get bored after 45 minutes or so.
MooreTrucker
AG
Nobody's picking him to win, but as a rat he can screw up somebody else's game pretty quickly.
Eso si, Que es
MooreTrucker said:

Nobody's picking him to win, but as a rat he can screw up somebody else's game pretty quickly.
Yes he can, but I am surprised no one is trying to recruit him as a number. I guess it seems like he was kryptonite at tribal and if you are seen with him you will be burned as well.

People are too afraid to make a move I guess and get targeted.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Southlake said:

It's so fluid and the players are so good that every week is very different. Things are changing prolly by the hour, but we only have 45 minutes to see what the editors want us to see every 3 days.

I'd think that with these high level players that 90 minute episodes would be better. But, we all love the show. Common folk probably get bored after 45 minutes or so.
It's definitely been a must-see for me every week before I go to bed after work, even if that means watching it at 2 a.m. A welcome feeling in the midst of corona. I will really miss this season when it's done. I imagine it'll be Survivor via Zoom meeting for the final based on how that's being used in virtually every other capacity. Giving Probst the ability to mute people is probably something he's wished for his entire career

Think there are 10 people left, so a few more epsiodes and we'll start handing out the bonus points for finishing 6th, 5th, 4th, etc.
LHIOB
AG
DAMNIT

Jeremy will have to scramble to get back in the good graces of anyone after bailing. Jury didnt like that either.

The family visits were pretty awesome. That had to be amazing for all of these players to have their kids out there. Got a little dusty...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.