Super Bowl 2020 commercials

6,232 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Shife said:

This Super Bowl is a fail all the way around with 9 minutes left. Boring game and forgettable commercials.

All Budweiser (who is apparently a sponsor) had to do was put some Clydesdales and a lab puppy out there and that would have been the winner.

More like Super Bowels.

Boring game? You people are insufferable.
Seriously.

This game is 100x more entertaining than last year's snooze-fest.

There is actual offense being played.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

If you didn't like watching shakira move it's time for a testosterone check

Gay men have testosterone, too.
Sex Panther
AG
Did Spilner just come out???

Congrats man. Live your truth.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

MuckRaker96 said:

If you didn't like watching shakira move it's time for a testosterone check

Gay men have testosterone, too.

They have tesssssssttosssssterone.
Al Bula
AG
Ha! Glad the chiefs decided to come alive!

And last year was infinitely more exciting watching the GOAT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Later
wangus12
AG
Arya really let it go after heading west and leaving the revenge behind
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Shife said:

And last year was infinitely more exciting watching the GOAT
...and his deflated balls.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Shife said:

And last year was infinitely more exciting watching the GOAT.

LOFL. Last year was arguably the worst SB ever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not, but not that there's anything wrong with that.

That was more about the little confrontational jabs that Muck has been throwing my way lately, for no apparent reason. It's just odd.
Sex Panther
AG
I was just messing with you, didn't know about that...

But I've said it before... Star Wars tears people apart.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mazag08
AG
This thread delivers on all Forum 13 expected cliches and board expert appearances. Bravo!
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Honestly, I am guilty of falling asleep in the Hard Rock Stadium before...but my tickets were waaaaaaay cheaper.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That was more about the little confrontational jabs that Muck has been throwing my way lately, for no apparent reason. It's just odd.
what are you even talking about, man? My life is way too busy to play "confrontational Internet jab" with anyone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Honestly, I am guilty of falling asleep in the Hard Rock Stadium before...but my tickets were waaaaaaay cheaper.
Woof bet that ticket ran north of $3k as well
gigemags-99
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Sleeping"?

TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

what are you even talking about, man? My life is way too busy to play "confrontational Internet jab" with anyone.
AgBQ-00
AG
Favorite of the night was the Mountain Dew "The Shining" spoof with Cranston.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well I did get run over by a truck a few years ago.
amercer
AG
Groundhog Day was the best.
Boo Weekley
That Secret commercial was so awkward and cringe-worthy. One of the worst commercials I have ever seen. Can we either (a) quit pretending men and women are equally capable in athletics, or (b) just get rid of men and womens' sports and just have "sports"? Of course almost no women would make it into any sport on their own athletic merit...but it would be "true equality".

Also, as someone else pointed out on another thread...kind of funny that they accidentally made the female football players so dumb that they just decided to take their helmets off on field after making a very short field goal, earning a nice fat penalty.

Even outside of the message, it was just an awful commercial.
Pahdz
You can definitely tell around here who doesn't have daughters.

If you took the ad literal then you're absolutely right, however that's missing the point. The real point (in my eyes at least) isn't women literally on an equal playing field, it's equal opportunities and access, equal quality of facilities, etc.

Equal pay though, that's economics, you either bring it or you don't. Right now women's sports (for the most part) don't. However, current trends continue the women's soccer team may close that gap lol
Hey...so.. um
Pahdz said:

If you took the ad literal then you're absolutely right, however that's missing the point. The real point (in my eyes at least) isn't women literally on an equal playing field, it's equal opportunities and access, equal quality of facilities, etc.

Equal pay though, that's economics, you either bring it or you don't. Right now women's sports (for the most part) don't. However, current trends continue the women's soccer team may close that gap lol

Aren't opportunities and access driven by economics as well. There are ample opportunities for little ladies to play softball or cheer, because there is money in those sports. Volleyball as well. Quality of facilities is just a dumb argument. Economics are what pay for those facilities.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Economics may pay for facilities at the collegiate+ level but access to safe, clean facilities and opportunities for girls at youth ages is also a huge problem.

And I'm too lazy to find statistics right now but I'd be willing to venture the access and opportunities for "little ladies" to play softball and cheer as kids is WAAAAY less than the opportunities for boys to play baseball, basketball and football, especially when it comes to those in lower socioeconomic areas.

Edit to be on topic: I actually didn't love the commercial either. I agree with the message but just didn't think the commercial was well done or landed the message the way they'd hoped.
Duncan Idaho
I would have been ok with the half time show if it would have been britney or kate....those latinas are too hot for prime time.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Pahdz said:

Yeah about the US soccer women gritching about that pay gap. You notice how quickly that story and outrage went away? Right about the time this came out....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/story/2019-07-30/us-soccer-women-paid-more-than-men%3f_amp=true
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So far this is winning.

The lack of bear man makes ruins this commercial
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

So far this is winning.

The lack of bear man makes ruins this commercial

Your lack of command of the English language ruins this post.
Pahdz
Oh I was aware of that, the joke was our men's team is in the bottoms and the women draw way better than the men do now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
Hey...so.. um
littlebitofhifi said:

Economics may pay for facilities at the collegiate+ level but access to safe, clean facilities and opportunities for girls at youth ages is also a huge problem.

And I'm too lazy to find statistics right now but I'd be willing to venture the access and opportunities for "little ladies" to play softball and cheer as kids is WAAAAY less than the opportunities for boys to play baseball, basketball and football, especially when it comes to those in lower socioeconomic areas.

Edit to be on topic: I actually didn't love the commercial either. I agree with the message but just didn't think the commercial was well done or landed the message the way they'd hoped.

I think we mostly agree, but may have some differences in how we define "opportunities." I think the fact that low socioeconomic areas have less access proves my point that this is all economic driven. Yes, nice softball/little league fields tend to be in nice areas. They charge more in those areas and also benefit from more sponsorships and donations. Cheer facilities are also located in higher income areas for the same reason.

Basketball does well in low socioeconomic areas due to endorsements from big companies like Nike, Adidas and others pumping money in.

My only real issue with your post is that your complaint is broad and I have no idea what you solution would be.

Probably a better discussion for the pol board so if you would like to reply, I'll give you the last word.

I agree with the message too. If I had a little girl I would do whatever I could to give her the opportunity to play sports if that is what she wanted.
Duncan Idaho
It was even worse before I edited it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.