Post a song you like from a band/singer you hate

4,163 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gggmann
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Creep - Radiohead
You hate Radiohead? "OK Computer" is one of the greatest albums in the history of music and "The Bends" isn't too far behind.
Bruce Almighty
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Creep - Radiohead
You hate Radiohead? "OK Computer" is one of the greatest albums in the history of music and "The Bends" isn't too far behind.

While I don't hate Radiohead, it's a pretty common answer to great bands that people don't like.
johnnyblaze36
elfurioso92
AG
Someone already mentioned Cyndi Lauper. I always liked True Colors and Money Changes Everything but can't change the song fast enough for anything else she sings.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I ain't as good as I once was - Toby Keith
91_Aggie
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Creep - Radiohead

Radiohead is not my cup of tea. Not sure I hate them, but the only song i like is creep
West Point Aggie
AG
91_Aggie said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Creep - Radiohead

Radiohead is not my cup of tea. Not sure I hate them, but the only song i like is creep

Exactly...love that song...don't like anything else by them...i just answered the posted question.
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
Streets of Philadelphia

I'm from NJ originally and detest everything else by that constipated sounding dude! This song I do like a lot, though
Let’s Go Brandon!
ApachePilot
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Not even an original though....cover song.

Written in 1975 by UKs Ian Hunter who was originally part of Mott the Hoople.

FYI SHAUN CASSIDY also covered it before Great White.

Not kidding. His version is painful.

That version is awful lol
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Two Prince by Spin Doctors.

That's it. They never did anything else good.

Yikes. That's about the third or fourth best song on that album. Kinda sucks that that's the one that gotten the most radio play throughout the years.
HtownAg92
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Streets of Philadelphia

I'm from NJ originally and detest everything else by that constipated sounding dude! This song I do like a lot, though
I've never been a Boss fan either, but "Born to Run" rocks.

A few other media / award / hipster darlings I don't care for -- Dylan, Neil Young, DMB, Jack White. There may be one or two tolerable songs from them, but I don't want to listen to the gargling, mumbling, caterwauling noise to figure them out.

Bregxit
AG
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

Very applicable after most weeks at my office.
91_Aggie
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Yikes. That's about the third or fourth best song on that album. Kinda sucks that that's the one that gotten the most radio play throughout the years.

This is wrong. The only true answer is that there are no good songs by the Spin Doctors
Urban Ag
AG
That Tracey Chapman song always made me want to eat a bulltet

AR_Ag95
AG
I can't stand her or Sean Penn, but

Madonna

Live To Tell
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

That Tracey Chapman song always made me want to eat a bulltet

yeah i have a bit of a love/hate with that one....but it reminds me of the other one from that same time that i loathe..... in fact they were released the very same sad sad year for music 1988....

Edie Brickell's "What I Am" ....it's not even a song it's some slightly melodic spoken poetry with backing music. It was her only Top 40 hit on Billboard (some charted on other lists but nothing big). Ugh.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

This is the first (and only) time I've ever seen someone try to flex their Spin Doctors deep cut knowledge.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

This is the first (and only) time I've ever seen someone try to flex their Spin Doctors deep cut knowledge.

I was kind of expecting this, lol. I'm not a fan, per se. Just kind of in the generational wheelhouse for this album (released my fish year). It got played a lot back in '92.
I always thought Little Miss Can't Be Wrong was a much better single than Two Princes. Much funkier bass and guitar stuff. I just think Two Princes has been played into the effing ground over the past nearly 30 years....that's mainly what sparked my response.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Streets of Philadelphia

I'm a huge Springsteen fan but I have a live and let live attitude about it.
The one I'll never understand the love for from your home state is Bon Jovi. Holy hell, do they suck.
Yeah, Livin' On A Prayer was great in 7th grade but if not for the nostalgia factor, they wouldn't have a song I'd ever listen to.
MileHigh Ag
gggmann
AG
Never liked the original version, but this one is pretty good. I remember when I was kid MTV played this video to death.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.