Don't F with Cats - Netflix Documentary

12,439 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Threetoedcoyote
scoop12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone watched this documentary that dropped on Netflix this week? It is about a group of people on Facebook hunting down someone posting disturbing YouTube videos. I wasn't familiar with the story, so had no clue where it was going. It was a great documentary, but one of the more disturbing stories I've ever seen in a mini-series as it details the hunt for the guy and the subsequent acts he carried out. Worth a watch, but viewer beware.
brents1975
i watched it last night... def worth a watch
Philo B 93
I don't want to see harm come to any animal. Unfortunately some people act like animals and do stupid things, and they should be held accountable.

However..... a documentary like this concerns me that Idiocracy is happening.
BusterAg
AG
Ametures. If there was true cruelty to animals, Outdoor board would have found these guys in like 20 minutes.
RingOfive
AG
One of the most compelling yet horrifying documentaries I've ever seen. It's really hard to watch at times, but I couldn't turn it off.
aTmAg
AG
Do they show cruelty to animals? If so, count me out.
scoop12
AG
aTmAg said:

Do they show cruelty to animals? If so, count me out.

They don't show a majority of it, but it has audio in some parts instead of visuals.

Edit: emoji directed towards the acts, not atmag
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I was familiar with the case....well, with Magnotta and the murder, not the internet sleuths. That aspect was pretty amazing.
johnrth
My curiosity got the best of me and alot of other people because the video is still easily seen. Google autofills after you type 1 L. DO NOT GOOGLE.

That dude is seriously the most screwed up person and this was a crazy documentary.
bonfarr
AG
On episode 2 now and despite reading about this guy and listening to the podcast on the murder on Sword and Scale I am completely unsettled. This is quite possibly the most disturbing documentary I have ever seen.

I hope the people that watched the video of the murder are receiving therapy.
aTmAg
AG
bonfarr said:

On episode 2 now and despite reading about this guy and listening to the podcast on the murder on Sword and Scale I am completely unsettled. This is quite possibly the most disturbing documentary I have ever seen.

So this documentary includes a video of a murder? Or in the documentary it talks about people who saw a video of a murder?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
just read his wiki.

no thanks.
aggiespartan
AG
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

So this documentary includes a video of a murder? Or in the documentary it talks about people who saw a video of a murder?
They are talking to people that were in the facebook group that were trying to find this guy. They did see the video of the murder.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
No they don't show the murder. They show snippets of the video before the murder begins.

I guess the internet has desensitized me. Yeah what happened is gruesome and terrible and awful, etc. but after being subjected to Al Qaeda, ISIS, and cartel vids for the past 20 years, there's nothing particularly traumatizing about this murder video for me. I'm just glad he got caught and is being served justice.

Oh, and his mom can go **** herself.
bonfarr
AG
In the Sword and Scale podcast they talked about Magnotta teasing the contents of the video online 10 days before the murder so a large group of weirdos were logged in to see if it was real or just a phony. Some of the people filmed reaction videos of them watching and posted those online. You can see them react when the murder happens and Magnotta starts having sex with the decapitated corpse. The viewers went from scepticism to complete horror and disgust but I am not sure what they were expecting.
Rudyjax
AG
So my wife is a crazy cat lady starter kit.

Were watching this and I'm muting the bad scenes and she's looking away. She's into it tho. One of our cats is ducking with the blinds, and she says to me, will you kill that cat?
schmendeler
AG
Is this related at all to the woman a few years back that got arrested for the "crush" videos?

I mostly ask because I'd like to think this isn't frequent enough for there to be separate people doing this *****
Rudyjax
AG
schmendeler said:

Is this related at all to the woman a few years back that got arrested for the "crush" videos?

I mostly ask because I'd like to think this isn't frequent enough for there to be separate people doing this *****
What?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I didn't know anything about this story so to hear it told was fairly disturbing. The conclusion is a definite concern in today's world.
La Bamba
AG
Just finished the documentary. Besides this guy being an absolute lunatic, I thought the concept of the people following his videos inciting him to a grander stage to be interesting. As narcissistic as Magnotta was, you've got to think that all that FB attention he got most certainly fueled his intentions and probably contributed to him committing the murder. He might have gotten there on his own anyway without all the attention, who knows.
Carlo4
AG
Did the outdoors board get mentioned?

We tried watching it for 15 min but turned it off. Just couldn't stomach it. Plus the woman and man they first interviewed felt so awkward and out of place. Sounds like it got way way better.
BCSWguru
Is Queso the cat included in this documentary?
schmendeler
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

schmendeler said:

What?

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Videographer-gets-50-years-in-animal-crush-videos-6833505.php

this was the first i'd ever heard of this weirdness, there's some sick people out there.
Rudyjax
AG
schmendeler said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

schmendeler said:

What?

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Videographer-gets-50-years-in-animal-crush-videos-6833505.php

this was the first i'd ever heard of this weirdness, there's some sick people out there.

No. This is about a specific dude.
scoop12
AG
La Bamba said:

Just finished the documentary. Besides this guy being an absolute lunatic, I thought the concept of the people following his videos inciting him to a grander stage to be interesting. As narcissistic as Magnotta was, you've got to think that all that FB attention he got most certainly fueled his intentions and probably contributed to him committing the murder. He might have gotten there on his own anyway without all the attention, who knows.

I agree. Who knows what would have happened without them. I do think the guy would have kept escalating on his own until someone noticed, but the group may have sped him up. Did anyone else assume Luka himself was the one tipping them off to help them find him?
Rudyjax
AG
He was a serial killer starter kit. They stopped him at one person.
bonfarr
AG
How did the Luka guy get the video of the lady at work in Vegas?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Whose hand was in the video?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Troutslime said:

If memory serves that was the snake video. Nim guessing it was the person who owned the snake and was perfectly fine with feeding it a kitten (frankly I don't have a problem with that either).
Rudyjax
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Troutslime said:

If memory serves that was the snake video. Nim guessing it was the person who owned the snake and was perfectly fine with feeding it a kitten (frankly I don't have a problem with that either).

My wife, a crazy cat lady was like, what's the difference between a kitten and a rat?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Troutslime said:

My wife, a crazy cat lady was like, what's the difference between a kitten and a rat?

Exactly.
expresswrittenconsent
Doesnt really sound like your wife is a crazy cat lady.
Rudyjax
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Tell that to my 5 cats.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Tell that to my 5 cats.

expresswrittenconsent
Oof. I'm sorry.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.