*** THE REPORT *** (Adam Driver)

2,302 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by israeliag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw this last night and was pleasantly surprised. It's a little too on the nose at times, there's a little too much mustache twirling from the "bad guys" (I'm not talking about the terrorists), and it could have been like 10% sharper, but overall it's a solid effort and incredibly eye-opening. Admittedly, I didn't know much about this whole ordeal, but it serves as a great, CliffsNotes version that gets increasingly better and continues raising the stakes in interesting ways as it goes along. And yes, it takes its fair share of shots at Republicans, but Democrats don't come out unscathed either. Honestly, the CIA (obviously) gets it worst of all.

The Report debuted in limited theatrical release this past weekend and hits Amazon Prime Video on November 29...

https://www.thereport.movie
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YVLYSBJ

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Is Adam Driver just in everything now? That dude must put in some hours.
TCTTS
AG
There's A LOT of "So you're telling me [re-explains the crux of the situation in simpler terms]" type dialogue where things are really underlined for the audience, and the flashbacks are little clunky as well, but it's definitely worth a trip to the theater. Just a good, solid movie for the most part. Will be interested to hear what you think.
TCTTS
AG
Great to hear.
Post removed:
by user
FtBendTxAg
AG
I just watched on Amazon prime at home..would've been a little pissed if I had paid to see in theater, but not a terrible film at all. Made it all the way through at least.
Yesterday
AG
Good movie. It's tough watching these things because you really thirst for the other sides story. But then you realize the other side isn't saying much. I enjoyed it.
israeliag
AG
Watched this last night. At first it felt a bit more like a news article in its flow - not even a documentary, but like a 1 hour news piece. But, as the movie went on I actually came to appreciate that it felt like that at the beginning. Yes, it does a great job of providing insight to the report, but it (and Adam Driver) does an even better job of showing it as a small character piece about a guy who just wanted to help define policy and the toll this 5+ years project ended up taking on him. That it felt like a report early paralleled Dan Jones expectations, and while the torture scenes interjected were for the audience to understand the gravity of the situation, those scenes were also there for Jones to show us how constantly reading about this really started weighing on him.

I also thought the actor playing the main contractor guy (Jim?) did a terrific job portraying that smug, undeservedly confident guy we've all worked with... but, you know, in a work environment that involved inflicting harm and sometimes death to people.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.