Disney+ capable devices

2,351 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Collective
technoengr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So far Disney+ streaming service has not been announced for compatibility on Amazon's Fire Stick. Do you think they'll reach an agreement before official launch of the service? I feel like disney would really miss out on quite a few household if the Fire Stick is left off the list. Really looking forward to the Mandelorian but dont want to purchase more hardware just for this. (Though I probably would if I had to)
The Collective
AG
Interesting negotiation that I'm sure will get worked out. I've never experienced this issue with Roku.
Fenrir
Would not shock me one bit if Disney holds out considering Amazon has a competing streaming service.
Urban Ag
AG
Oh, you'll do it.

You'll do whatever the mouse compels you to.

Flashdiaz
AG
Amazon needs to negotiate better... I get they want their own stuff and want to shutoff competitors but if your stuff isn't compatible with popular services, you'll lose customers and market share.

my first streaming stick was fire and was set to go this route until I found youtube TV wasn't possible without a workaround. Turned to Roku and now the firestick is about as useful as a cassette tape.
Fenrir
Just FYI it is available on fire devices now. They got it back on recently. I don't think any major service is unavailable anymore.
bearamedic99
AG
How about Vudu? Walmart's service. Last I checked on my wife's Kindle, Vudu was not available though it is where I redeem most of my digital media.
Fenrir
You can add but I think you have to open it up with the developer option or whatever it is called.

Easiest way around that is to make a movies everywhere account and start linking all your digital movie accounts. Anything you buy on Vudu would then be available to stream through YouTube, Amazon, etc.
Flashdiaz
AG
nice! now I need to go find it.
62strat
AG
Quote:

my first streaming stick was fire and was set to go this route until I found youtube TV wasn't possible without a workaround.
What do you mean by this?

We have a firestick and just signed up for youtube tv, and it seems to work fine.
Flashdiaz
AG
Youtube (google) and Amazon were having negotiation issues so Amazon pulled the Youtube\Youtube TV app from their devices. There was a workaround I believe but it was not ideal.

Apparently they recently decided to play nice together and Firesticks now support Youtube TV.
REMtx
What about Samsung smart TVs? These do not run Android TV that was mentioned to get it, they run some other platform. Seems odd that one of the top tv manufacturers would not have it. They do have some Disney kid app on currrently, so just hopeful it's just a matter of time before they get a Disney Plus app.

I have a PS4, so not that concerned, but would prefer to utilize the 4K and not need to go between apps on PS4 and the TV's own apps.
spanky
AG
Samsung TVs are the only smart TV with the AppleTV app right now so the same could be said about all other TV manufacturers dropping the ball.
20ag07
Disney and Amazon don't get along AT ALL. Go try to pre-order a Blu-ray copy of The Lion King live action Blu-ray out in 2 weeks. You can't, bc Amazon won't let you. Even though preordering media from other companies is something they are in on hardcore.
PeekingDuck
AG
I think the issue has generally been more on the Amazon side than the other providers.
Saxsoon
AG
Fenrir said:

Would not shock me one bit if Disney holds out considering Amazon has a competing streaming service.

I think it is the other way around
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
The Collective
AG
The argument is over Disney not allowing Amazon to sell ad time on their other platforms that use Amazon hardware. At least, that's my understanding after skimming an article the other day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.