HGTV

5,469 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Open Floorplan would actually make a great movie title.
TCTTS
AG
These are so good. Great stuff. Thanks.
TCTTS
AG
Not a rom-com, but that's not a bad idea at all.
Bunk Moreland
I think characters being on a house hunters style show would be a pretty cool lead into a trapped-in-house horror film.

Quote:

Today we're going to see a 3/2 in a developing neighborhood. It's a traditional ranch style home with a beautiful open floor plan, and it has a bonus room that I think both of you are going to love.

Go inside and let me know what you think!
TCTTS
AG
You're getting warmer...
Texaggie7nine
TCTTS said:

Not a rom-com, but that's not a bad idea at all.
Title: Needs Love & Care

She's a "big city girl" who is producing a TV show about a guy that does fixer upper houses. He's brash and unsophisticated. She is annoyed by him at first but intrigued by his country wit and his unapologetic attitude.

The twist is you think it is he that needs the fixing up, but is actually she that is fixed up by him.
7nine
TCTTS
Texaggie7nine
I think you need to sideline your project and get the ball rolling on the rom-com. Start the thread and lets get the power of TexAgs collaborative screenwriting started.
7nine
MooreTrucker
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

YouBet, that reminds me... random question, but still on topic...

A few months ago I actually had a movie idea based on an HGTV remodeling-type show. I don't want to get into details yet, other than it would be part-comedy, but what are some of y'all's favorite tropes from shows like this? Situations, people-types (both hosts and clients), jargon, etc.?
I always make up passive aggressive/snide dialogue for the hosts, because they must have some crazy baggage between them behind the camera.
I always wondered about the Love It Or List It hosts. Read an article somewhere that both of them are actually just actors, so I looked them up. Seems that Hillary did some soft pseudo-pron back in the day.
AgPediRPh
AG
TCTTS said:

A few months ago I actually had a movie idea based on an HGTV remodeling-type show. I don't want to get into details yet, other than it would be part-comedy, but what are some of y'all's favorite tropes from shows like this? Situations, people-types (both hosts and clients), jargon, etc.?
I would definitely watch if it was a Spinal Tap/Best in Show type mocumentary.
Beetle 92
AG
Just cross breed The Money Pit with Amityville Horror.

Throw in a bit of the Shining and a sprinkle of ChJoGaines shiplapping.

The campy adventures of remodeling the devil's house with pops of color, and en suite bath / torture chamber, high ceilings, granite counter tops, and goat's blood paint.

Call it Waco 76667

You're welcome
TCTTS
AG
Ding ding ding. You're very, very close.

Entire thing is hand-held, behind-the-scenes footage of a home renovation show that unwittingly begins to remodel a haunted house.

And we're calling it... House Haunters
Beetle 92
AG
TCTTS said:

Entire thing is hand-held, behind-the-scenes footage of a home renovation show that unwittingly begins to remodel a haunted house.

Name the dog JoJo and I'll buy a ticket now.
Bunk Moreland
you gotta tie in or at least refer to the intro scene for the B Block they'll have to go capture later in the day when they force people who have never been on water into a 2 person kayak and float around a retention pond or some other goofy ass activity.
Claude!
TCTTS said:

Quite a few shades of Beetlejuice.
TCTTS
AG
Except it's been 32 years since that movie, it's presented within a completely different framework (behind the scenes B-roll footage of a reality renovation show) and there's nothing even remotely close to resembling a Beetlejuice character.

Think Paranormal Activity meets an ever-so-slight parody of HGTV.
Claude!
TCTTS said:

Except it's been 32 years since that movie, it's presented within a completely different framework (behind the scenes B-roll footage of a reality renovation show) and there's nothing even remotely close to resembling a Beetlejuice character.

Think Paranormal Activity meets an ever-so-slight parody of HGTV.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ****ting on the concept, and I'm not saying your concept is a knock-off in any way. I was just struck by the similarities.
Counterpoint
AG
TCTTS said:

MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

The Blair Renovation Project
GIF Reactor
AG
Are you planning on getting Christina El Moussa (Anstead?) or Nicole Curtis to star?
MooreTrucker
AG
And will the Property Brothers be good or evil?

Or both? DUNH DUNH DUUUUUUUHHHHHHH
EastSideAg2002
I was hoping for a skinemax version.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep that is how everyone of those shows are. In many cases the furniture in the house they choose is in reality is theirs, as they have actually already moved in.

If you think about it, it would be pretty foolish for them to air a show where the couple doesn't qualify or cannot find a house.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha. I'm in.
AustinAg2K
You've always got one person in the couple who has a budget of about $150K, and the other has a budget of $1.5 million.

Also, if you're going to trope Chip and Jo Jo, you've got to have shiplap. Lots and lots of shiplap. Hell, you might as well have her renovate an 1850s Schooner.
YouBet
AG
MooreTrucker said:

PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

I always make up passive aggressive/snide dialogue for the hosts, because they must have some crazy baggage between them behind the camera.
I always wondered about the Love It Or List It hosts. Read an article somewhere that both of them are actually just actors, so I looked them up. Seems that Hillary did some soft pseudo-pron back in the day.
Interesting because I've always thought she was kind of hot for her age.
YouBet
AG
MooreTrucker said:

So, I've always thought and claimed to my wife that these brothers are gay. It's always given me a good laugh to think about twin brothers with a home show for some reason. They damn sure act like it most of the time.

Then I read a year or so ago about how one of them got in a bar fight in North Dakota. So, maybe not.
MooreTrucker
AG
YouBet said:

MooreTrucker said:

So, I've always thought and claimed to my wife that these brothers are gay. It's always given me a good laugh to think about twin brothers with a home show for some reason. They damn sure act like it most of the time.

Then I read a year or so ago about how one of them got in a bar fight in North Dakota. So, maybe not.
And one is married, FWIW.
MooreTrucker
AG
YouBet said:

Movies called Layout for 5 Models, Never Mind the Quality: Feel the Width, and Frustrated Wives, and a few others. And she was the bride in the opening scene of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

YouBet
AG
MooreTrucker said:

YouBet said:

Movies called Layout for 5 Models, Never Mind the Quality: Feel the Width, and Frustrated Wives, and a few others. And she was the bride in the opening scene of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

LOL!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.