Potentially the worst idea for a remake - Princess Bride

5,582 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LeonardSkinner
Apache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Who is The Rock gonna play?
Let's just cast this thing:

Shaquille O'Neal should play Andre the Giant's character Fezzick.
Ryan Reynolds to be Wesley
Margot Robbie is Buttercup
Pedro Pascal as Inigo Montoya
Maybe Ben Affleck as Prince Humperdink. Or Nicholas Cage.
Ben Foster as the Six Fingered Man.
Ken Jeong (from the Hangover) tales on the role of "Vizzini".

UnderoosAg
AG
My name is Inigo Montoya. You deported my father. Prepare to die.
UnderoosAg
AG
No more rhymes now I mean it.

Anybody want a gluten free snack cognizant of peanut allergies?
Lester Bangs
A remake would be a terrible idea; nevertheless, Apache nailed the casting decisions.
bearamedic99
AG
Except that he left Wesley a white male and Buttercup a white female.

Chris Helmsworth as Buttercup
Tiffany Haddish as the Dread Pirate Roberts
spanky
AG
Technically, The Office was already a remake
toucan82
What if they remade it with the Muppets?
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
spanky said:

Technically, The Office was already a remake

That was actually taking a British comedy but reimagining it as a show using better actors and making the jokes funny.

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
TriAg2010
AG
"They'll remake it as some gender reversal Prince Bride where Wesley is a minority woman who saves a kidnapped boy!" - Forum 16
tamuangry
Apache said:

Quote:

I'd watch that.

bluefire579
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

Your post and the one about Jumanji actually got me thinking about what a remake would look like.

So hear me out...

It starts with Fred Savage and his sick grandson. Obviously, he's a bit young to have a grandson, but that's part of the story. He comes to his grandson's house, sits down, and tells the kid that's he's going to tell him a story. The kid isn't interested because he'd rather play games on his phone or whichever console. Fred obviously breaks it and tells the kid that he's listening.

So Fred proceeds to recite the story from memory because he doesn't have the book. To make up for it, he's pulling folks that the kid will know to describe people. Maybe on some, he says a person from the 80s/90s, the kid is like, "who?", and he says someone more recent.

And because he's telling the story from memory, it's different from the original. To the point where the kid asks him in a few places if he's sure that's how it goes, and he tells the kid to shut up. They eventually get to the end, with the kiss, the kid turns out to have enjoyed it, and Fred goes on his way.

So yeah, that's my take. Something that's not a direct remake, something where you can work around the original subject matter, and something were you can fit in actors who don't make sense if you're going by the original movie.
Gigem314
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

Bruce Almighty
AG
Come on people, it's Westley, not Wesley.
Quad Dog
AG
What if they make a Miracle Max prequel? But who would they cast as Crystal?
YouBet
AG
Freaking stupid. I will not be giving my money to this project if it happens.
HalifaxAg
AG
jkag89 said:

wtf...I didn't know Hillary was in that movie!
dgrogers88
chipotle
bluefire579 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

Your post and the one about Jumanji actually got me thinking about what a remake would look like.

So hear me out...

It starts with Fred Savage and his sick grandson. Obviously, he's a bit young to have a grandson, but that's part of the story. He comes to his grandson's house, sits down, and tells the kid that's he's going to tell him a story. The kid isn't interested because he'd rather play games on his phone or whichever console. Fred obviously breaks it and tells the kid that he's listening.

So Fred proceeds to recite the story from memory because he doesn't have the book. To make up for it, he's pulling folks that the kid will know to describe people. Maybe on some, he says a person from the 80s/90s, the kid is like, "who?", and he says someone more recent.

And because he's telling the story from memory, it's different from the original. To the point where the kid asks him in a few places if he's sure that's how it goes, and he tells the kid to shut up. They eventually get to the end, with the kiss, the kid turns out to have enjoyed it, and Fred goes on his way.

So yeah, that's my take. Something that's not a direct remake, something where you can work around the original subject matter, and something were you can fit in actors who don't make sense if you're going by the original movie.

I could be on board for an improv re-telling.

Doesn't have to be his grandson. Could just be his kid. Or it could be his kid and have a better older actor playing his grandfather telling the story. I'm thinking Charlton Heston or Morgan Freeman.

YouBet
AG
chipotle said:

bluefire579 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

So hear me out...

I could be on board for an improv re-telling.

Doesn't have to be his grandson. Could just be his kid. Or it could be his kid and have a better older actor playing his grandfather telling the story. I'm thinking Charlton Heston or Morgan Freeman.

Charlton Heston?! Hell yes. The Princess Bride with zombies?! I'm in now.
lazuras_dc
AG
bluefire579 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

So hear me out...

I could Be on board to see this .... IF The rock instead of Shaq and Dave Chappelle as miracle max ???
Apache
AG
Chappelle was my choice for miracle Max & I forgot to put him in there. Maybe pair him with Sarah Silverman.
LeonardSkinner
Shamelessly borrowed from Reddit... The Princess Bride, remade with Muppets?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.