Rumors of a Van Halen tour in 2019 with the original lineup

7,427 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Matt_ag98
FNG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was always annoyed at the crap opening bands they brought.

After The Fire?
The Velcros? They were fine for what they did but a rockabilly trio at a VH show was dumb.
BTO way past their prime?

Totally different than what Rush did back in the day.
aggiedata
AG
I was there with you on the floor standing my fold out chair. Halfway through the concert i noticed it wasn't as crowded as when it started. About 10 folks were passed out all around me.

I had a tough time hearing for a few days afterwards.
FNG
Dude in a chair in front of us never opened his eyes. Eddie did most of his solo right in front of us.

I'm sure he told everybody the next day how great the show was. It was a great show at the time!
aggiedata
AG
FNG said:

I was always annoyed at the crap opening bands they brought.

After The Fire?
The Velcros? They were fine for what they did but a rockabilly trio at a VH show was dumb.
BTO way past their prime?

Totally different than what Rush did back in the day.
haha yes, For what it's worth, you missed After the Fire being booed off stage. Someone threw a ball of wadded up paper cups at them and hit the lead singer square in the chest. He walk off to a chorus of boos.
FNG
So he did turn around, oh oh?
aggiedata
AG
FNG said:

So he did turn around, oh oh?
well no..., he was in town. whoa oh oh
FNG
FNG
aggiedata said:

I was there with you on the floor standing my fold out chair. Halfway through the concert i noticed it wasn't as crowded as when it started. About 10 folks were passed out all around me.

I do remember DLR stopping several times between songs to yell into the mic,

"HOUSTON!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME???!!!!"

They knew they were freaking loud.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rumor that the original Van Halen lineup will play Wrigley Field July 25th or 27th. Let's see how good my source is.
Gigem314
AG
aTm2004 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Why did you misspell "only" as "original"?

Sammy Hagar?
KidDoc
AG
https://www.iheart.com/content/2019-01-28-michael-anthony-is-open-to-van-halen-reunion-hasnt-been-contacted/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Saw them a couple of years ago with DLR. It was fun, but man, DLR's voice is totally burned out. He talks through a lot parts he used to sing, because he knows he can't sing it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Saw them a couple of years ago with DLR. It was fun, but man, DLR's voice is totally burned out. He talks through a lot parts he used to sing, because he knows he can't sing it.
He was never a great singer.
TP Ag '87
AG
Understatement.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I definitely realize that. I know he's used the talk singing to get through live performances for forever, basically. Just that this was about as rough as it gets.

What was entertaining was his constant wardrobe changing, and his fitness is good - so during Jump, he was jumping around like a crazy old wild banshee.
Lucas Jackson
DLR knew there would come a day
when youth would pass away
what will we say about him?
Aust Ag
AG
Junkhead said:

Rumor that the original Van Halen lineup will play Wrigley Field July 25th or 27th. Let's see how good my source is.
On a bill with AC/DC.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Aust Ag said:

Junkhead said:

On a bill with AC/DC.
Is that a guess of yours or a rumor you've heard?
Know Your Enemy
AG
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michael-anthony-was-contacted-by-van-halens-management-six-months-ago-about-possible-reunion-tour-says-sammy-hagar/

Leave it to Sammy to spill some info.
Aust Ag
AG
Junkhead said:

Aust Ag said:

Junkhead said:

On a bill with AC/DC.
Well, it makes sense to do a 2-3 week tour with those guys this summer.
Know Your Enemy
AG
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/michael-anthony-says-van-halen-reunion-tour-is-not-gonna-happen/
Know Your Enemy
AG
MICHAEL ANTHONY Says VAN HALEN Was Supposed To Be In 'Pre-Production Rehearsals' For Reunion Tour Right Now

Ugh, so close. Get your **** together Ed & Al.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I read this and told my wife I wish I'd gone to the Texxas Jam when I had the chance. Then, I googled and except for '78, those lineups were total *****

Would spend one of my kid's college funds to see '78 Van Halen live.
Philo B 93
I saw Van Halen last month. Michael Anthony and Sammy still sound great. The guy they replaced Eddie with was spot on. Who cares about Al the drummer. Just bang the bongos Monkeyboy. I didn't really notice him back there. He looked a little different.
CoppellAg93
AG
aggiedata said:

I saw VH in '93 at the Summit - my ears were ringing for like 3 days afterwards. Great show !
Know Your Enemy
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

aggiedata said:

I saw VH in '93 at the Summit - my ears were ringing for like 3 days afterwards. Great show !
With Collective Soul opening?
CoppellAg93
AG
Apparently that was the '95 tour. It looks like I actually saw them in '92 with Baby Animals.
Know Your Enemy
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

Apparently that was the '95 tour. It looks like I actually saw them in '92 with Baby Animals.
Ah, yes. We got screwed on that tour with Baby Animals here in Dallas too. Alice In Chains opened for them the stretch right before they got to Texas. I was at the '95 Summit show too.
Aust Ag
AG
Junkhead said:

Aust Ag said:

Junkhead said:

On a bill with AC/DC.
Looks like what I heard was right, at least about "some dates in the summer". No idea why they pulled the plug, though.
Aust Ag
AG
Thomas Ford 91 said:

I read this and told my wife I wish I'd gone to the Texxas Jam when I had the chance. Then, I googled and except for '78, those lineups were total *****

Would spend one of my kid's college funds to see '78 Van Halen live.
I saw the '80 Invasion tour at the Sam Houston Coliseum. Pretty much blew my mind. 15th row floor or so if I remember correct.
Johnny Danger
AG
Junkhead said:

CoppellAg93 said:

Ah, yes. We got screwed on that tour with Baby Animals here in Dallas too. Alice In Chains opened for them the stretch right before they got to Texas. I was at the '95 Summit show too.

Do you mind sharing what band you're in?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Johnny Danger said:

Junkhead said:

CoppellAg93 said:

Do you mind sharing what band you're in?

Led Zeppelin
Johnny Danger
AG
Cool.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Was that a serious question?
Johnny Danger
AG
Yes, guess I misread your post and thought you were on that tour opening for them.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.