***House of Cards - Season 6***

5,889 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Rascal
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Comes out this Friday on Netflix

Very curious to see where this one goes and how it does without Spacey. Although I read an article that said he would "haunt" his wife.

Spacey made the show IMO.

PatAg
AG
Zero chance this show is any good without Spacey. It was already on the downswing the past couple seasons as is.
Luke Smith
This show lost its appeal seasons ago.
Al Bula
AG
I'll watch since this is the last season. The supporting cast has been amazing even though Kevin Spacey did make this show.

Michael Kelly is nails, curious if he will be solely on Claire's side or not.
Boris McGiver who plays the journalist has been great.
Will be interesting to see if Janine the former journalist has cracked or not.

k20dub
AG

Apparently Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear are in this season too.
powerbelly
AG
PatAg said:

Zero chance this show is any good without Spacey. It was already on the downswing the past couple seasons as is.
The show wasn't good with Spacey.
DannyDuberstein
AG
As hot as Robin Wright is, I think her character has been a total drag on this show, and the more it relied on her storyline being critical, the crappier it got.

I've seen every season as it headed into the toilet, but I probably wouldn't have watched this one with or without Spacey.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That said, if there is news of a Robin Wright - Diane Lane lesbian scene, I'm in.
Canyon99
I decided I was finally out when she poisoned the writer and ****ed him while he died. Cmon man.
Fannie Luddite
AG
powerbelly said:

PatAg said:

The show wasn't good with Spacey.
Spacey was the character that was the cohesion for the show. You don't just write him out. I expect Netflix ratings to be down because of it.
Ag 11
AG
The show wasn't good after like season 2
JDUB08AG
AG
The first season was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite seasons of any show. The second season was still pretty solid, but then it just started getting ridiculous. I thought they rushed the story up front and dragged it along on the back. By the end of season 2 he was already president....that happened way too fast and they could have milked that suspense for a third season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Made it through 3 seasons...tried season 4 and couldn't.

Zero interest once Spacey was gone.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
What happenend after Spacey got shot? I quit watching at that point and don't plan to continue.
MookieBlaylock
AG
allshine said:

What happenend after Spacey got shot? I quit watching at that point and don't plan to continue.
What did Spacey get shot with and where?
gomerschlep
AG
I figured they would write Spacey out with an assassination... When did this happen?
zgood10
AG
The reporter guy (Zoe's friend) from the first season shot him in season 4 (?). That was when Frank had all those weird dream sequences
gomerschlep
AG
I remember that one, when he killed Meacham instead, but was there a second?
Ag$08
The first episode was... not good.
Sex Panther
AG
The show is incredibly well made and acted. But it had gotten just comically ridiculous. However, it was still a fun watch for Spacey alone.

Without Spacey it's a complete joke
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Honestly the moment Zoey got pushed in front of a train by a sitting congressman who doesn't get caught the show jumped the shark. And that was early in the series
powerbelly
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Honestly the moment Zoey got pushed in front of a train by a sitting congressman who doesn't get caught the show jumped the shark. And that was early in the series
Eso si, Que es
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Unfortunately there are plenty of people in this world that will do anything to retain power or wealth. Destroying people's lives for your own advancement is not a foreign concept in DC. I did not see that being out of character for Frank at all.

PS - Kate Mara should stay away from democrats, they keep killing her (Chapaquiddick, HOC)
DannyDuberstein
AG
Killing her makes sense. Doing it how they did it was pretty comical.
claym711
AG
First 5 mins of the show, "it's my turn" laugh/cry.

Show had the Clintons nailed, and must have been celebrating the Hillary trajectory. Too bad Spacey got #metoo'd and hilldog got Trump'd.

I guess they just killed Underwood, not sure how. Now Claire is president and getting death threats because she's a woman. Roll eyes. I bet this season is all women's rights BS
Dr.Rumack
Needs more nudie scenes to get this season going. For me at least...
Always_Right
AG
Watched the first 10 minutes and rolled my eyes about 5 times, not wasting my time with this season.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Can't believe Remy killed the VP and admitted he's trans
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not watching any of it, but if any of you do and there's a Wright-Lane sex scene, don't forget to send a bat signal
Bayside Tiger Ag
DannyDuberstein said:

Not watching any of it, but if any of you do and there's a Wright-Lane sex scene, don't forget to send a bat signal

Wright is asexual
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Txmoe
AG
So incredibly bad.
Unlikable characters + ridiculous, incomprehensible plot = total s**t show.
Jim01
AG
I am a completionist so I watched it all. I found myself very uninterested in any facet of the plot. Even the final scene I didn't particularly care what was going on. It is a beautifully shot show and the acting is fine, but it was time to go.

The plot just made no sense and the moments it touched on the current climate really had no impact.

Example. She acts crazy for 3 weeks making it seem like she has a reason, but then all she does is fire the entire cabinet, something she could have done at any time. Then she hires an all female cabinet which has about 5 second of relevance on screen and then means absolutely nothing the rest of the way.

She numerous times calls out how men have treated her and she's not going to take it anymore, yet nobody the entire season treats her a specific way because she is a female, rather it's all because she is a manipulative psycho.

I wish it would have ended with a bang and not a whimper, but oh well, it's done and it should be.
TXCityAggie
AG
I have two episodes to go. It's not as good as the first few seasons but still entertaining. I find Doug annoying and boring, but Robin Wright and Diane Lane keep the show worth watching.
Al Bula
AG
Had to finish up the show. Terrible.

The irony is Robin Wright fighting for more equality but she is a terrible actress and not suited to be Kevin Spacey's equal (even though he is a pedo).

I feel bad for giving Netflix the data that says I watched all 8 episodes In case their analytics think I want more "edgy female intrigue drama."

So many inconsequential characters. Too much going on. Idiotic plot.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.