*** Arrested Development: Season 5 ***

7,138 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mike Elko
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Free rent in their heads

After season 4 being about the wall, how would they make season 5 without a nod to trump?
Post removed:
by user
Jim01
AG
Haven't started 5 but just wrapped up watching the remixed 4. I enjoyed it better than the initial release. I watched the original season 4 twice and actually grew to enjoy it but this version was so much better in pace and structure to me. I binged it in 3 days so I will say it did tend to repeat a lot of information needlessly but overall a big improvement I think in the end.

Now anxious to start 5, although sad to see it's so short.
PooDoo
AG
I liked the remix better as well.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Stopped watching around episode 4. It was painfully obvious that whatever magic the writing had in seasons 1, 2 and 3 is gone.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
PooDoo
AG
So, the girl that plays Rebel Alley is Sasha Baron Cohen's wife.
BMX Bandit
PooDoo said:

The girl that plays Lindsay Bluth-Funke is Ellen's wife
The Debt
PooDoo said:

They cut too many jokes though.

Like when tobias gets his real estate agent to represent him. They cut the bit about "your first job is to fire Steve, hes with allstate"
Mozart Paintings
AG
Jim01 said:

Now anxious to start 5, although sad to see it's so short.

Another 8 episodes will be released later in the year.
PooDoo
AG
The Debt said:

PooDoo said:

They cut too many jokes though.

Like when tobias gets his real estate agent to represent him. They cut the bit about "your first job is to fire Steve, hes with allstate"

To be honest, the only thing I really remembered from 4 was the Fakeblock story.

Also, never realized that Marky Bark was Russ Hanneman.
Brock Sampson
AG
One thing I found distracting were the shots with a blurry stand-in in the foreground with somebody talking in front of them.
Jim01
AG
Finished the first chunk of Season 5 and I enjoyed it. Felt more like the old seasons than season 4 did, which is a good thing.
Bobcat06
AG
AlphaCharlieUniformAggie said:

Stopped watching around episode 4. It was painfully obvious that whatever magic the writing had in seasons 1, 2 and 3 is gone.

In the first three seasons, each episode was a self contained story, with running gags.

In season 4 and 5, it's a season long story, but keeping track of 9 different character storylines can be difficult when you may not see a character for several episodes.
Bobcat06
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Why does everything on Netflix have to mention trump? It really does feel concerted.

I don't mind it on Arrested Development. The first 3 seasons had tons of jokes about Iraq and Bush. It's a series known for political jabs. If they didn't have them now, it'd be wierd.
TXAG 05
AG
PooDoo said:

You've never seen Isla Fisher before?
bigjag19
AG
The girl that plays Bryce Howard also plays Claire in Jurassic World!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, trying to watch Season 4 for only the second time and it's brutal. I'm 9 episodes in and I don't care for the remix and don't think I can do any more.

I think I'm just going to cut my losses and consider the first 3 seasons the only real Arrested Development episodes.
The Debt
Cstrickland05 said:

PooDoo said:

You've never seen Isla Fisher before?

Wedding Crashers was the first boner she gave me
PooDoo
AG
Did they ever show who jammed Gob's illusion with the small cross? Was it Ann or her parents?
bigjag19
AG
Her father.
Al Bula
AG
Is it weird that Alia shawkat (Maeby) was more attractive as the two older lady characters she played than what she really looks like?
Mozart Paintings
AG
I couldn't agree more. I had a hard time reconciling that with myself.
Post removed:
by user
oragator
Well the second half dropped today apparently.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I'm enjoying it so far.
oragator
Just finished it,
Compared to most crap on tv it was good, but by its own standard it was mediocre. They gave the ending a nice bow in case this is it. I am kind of torn on whether or not there should be another season - as much as I like the show, don't want to see it ruin its own legacy through mediocrity, Season 3 is still among the best comedy seasons ever on tv, kind of hope that's how it is remembered.
Brock Sampson
AG
I've noticed this a lot more this season that the audio doesn't match up with the person speaking. It looks like they are saying one thing but the audio is different. Does this bug anybody else?

Al Bula
AG
Yep the audio was way off. Glad that Portia came back, it's been so long since I've seen her it made me forget how bad her plastic surgery is.
Jim01
AG
Easily my biggest complaint. The audio was downright horrible at times. So many scenes it seemed like they were just filming actors because they had them and would purposely film them with their hands in front of their mouth, or from behind, or behind a wall, and then figure out the dialogue later and ADR it. Some scenes seemed like it was 75% ADR and audio was choppy as hell.

Also, why wasn't Portia in it much at all? From IMDB she doesn't appear to be doing anything else, so what she got better to do?
Mike Elko
AG
Jim01 said:

Easily my biggest complaint. The audio was downright horrible at times. So many scenes it seemed like they were just filming actors because they had them and would purposely film them with their hands in front of their mouth, or from behind, or behind a wall, and then figure out the dialogue later and ADR it. Some scenes seemed like it was 75% ADR and audio was choppy as hell.

Also, why wasn't Portia in it much at all? From IMDB she doesn't appear to be doing anything else, so what she got better to do?
Count Ellen's cash money. It takes time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.