The prequels were better than The Last Jedi

14,022 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Star Wars Memes Only
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How insecure are you that you need your opinion validated by strangers online?
The Collective
AG
If I could go the rest of my days not hearing the term "woke", I'd die a happy man.
schmendeler
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Awesome at all the people who have become woke to how bad the Last Jedi was as far as being a Star Wars movie.
it is not a good movie, in general.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
What about Yoda showing up made you want to get up and leave?
Iowaggie
AG
Jar Jar was a bit annoying, but after The Last Jedi.....

Hagen95
AG
Are we starting another thread where grown men argue about the qualities of movies aimed at children?

Let's do this!
schmendeler
AG
Hagen95 said:

Are we starting another thread where grown men argue about the qualities of movies aimed at children?

Let's do this!
aimed at children? most children's movies these days actually put effort into good story-telling. coco, moana, etc.
The Collective
AG
schmendeler said:

Hagen95 said:

Let's do this!
aimed at children? most children's movies these days actually put effort into good story-telling. coco, moana, etc.

If only Star Wars could cover plot holes via song - "Because Maui can do everything but float"
Hagen95
AG
schmendeler said:

Hagen95 said:

Let's do this!
Maybe a select few, but for every Moana and Coco, there is a Sherlock Gnomes and a Ferdinand.
Satellite of Love
Vader 2020 said:

Everything Star Wars related that has come out after Return of the Jedi is absolute trash. Everything.
False. Rouge One was a good tie-in film. Vader finally got to be the BA we all wanted him to be.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Urban Ag
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Vader 2020 said:

Everything Star Wars related that has come out after Return of the Jedi is absolute trash. Everything.
False. Rouge One was a good tie-in film. Vader finally got to be the BA we all wanted him to be.
IMO, Rogue One was so good I only place it behind ESB and neck and neck with ANH.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Urban Ag said:

Satellite of Love said:

Vader 2020 said:

IMO, Rogue One was so good I only place it behind ESB and neck and neck with ANH.
The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Rogue One ... my top 3.
WestAustinAg
AG
i'll say this. The prequels WERE more entertaining to me at the time that I saw them than TLJ.

TLJ was annoying and un-fun. Not entertaining in the least. From the moment Princess Leah floated around in space on I hated the movie.
NoahAg
My boys and I watched The Last Jedi for the first time this weekend. It was just ok. Yoda was forced and dumb. I admit tho, I flipped a bit when hologram Luke fought Kylo Ren. That was awesome.

So, my current rankings:

1 - Empire
2 - Star Wars
3 - Force Awakens
4 - Revenge of the Sith
5 - Return of Jedi
6 - Last Jedi
7/8 - Episode 1/2
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Duncan Idaho
Normally not one to question staff but...not sure why my post was deleted.
boogieman
AG

Quote:

The geography that
I stands compares you superior

That's beautiful.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How insecure are you that you need your opinion validated by strangers online?
I do not need my opinion to be validated on how bad it was.
I am just welcoming the company to the party.
SeattleAgJr
Duncan Idaho said:

you likely directly attacked the OP.

Attack the message, not the messenger.

Don't smack on BES. He is an awesome poster. He just has the occasional bad opinion (like that of TLJ).
SeattleAgJr
Hagen95 said:

Let's do this!
Transformers The Movie sucked.

Period.

Full stop.

Come at me bro'.
SeattleAgJr
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Urban Ag said:

Satellite of Love said:

Vader 2020 said:

The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Rogue One ... my top 3.
I just consider RO and ANH to be two parts of the same movie.

An incredible melding of two stories into a mostly coherent whole.

And with completely different characters, settings, etc.

It is truly a miracle how well it meshes.
An Ag in CO
AG
Rogue One was good and a big part of the reason was that it didn't offer the nostalgianauts much to get worked up about. It's going to be tough to make a really good main character/story movie given the lens through which the notalgianauts view most everything Star Wars.
Forum Troll
AG
I liked the prequels better than TLJ mainly becuase the overall story was coherent (albiet poorly written dialogue), Obi Wan, and lightsaber battles.

TLJ was such a mess.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Definitely weird.
WestAustinAg
AG
An Ag in CO said:

Rogue One was good and a big part of the reason was that it didn't offer the nostalgianauts much to get worked up about. It's going to be tough to make a really good main character/story movie given the lens through which the notalgianauts view most everything Star Wars.

Do you think the people who disliked or hated TLJ are really just nostalgianauts? That's not it. It was a poorly conceived, written and acted movie. I'm fine with zero nostalgia...which is PROVEN by my love of Rogue One. It was excellent in its final form despite all of its issues during production.
chipotle
It's NOT A NEW HOPE! It's just STAR WARS!!!!

Damn y'all for making me discuss this!
Bruce Almighty
AG
A New Hope, A New Hope, A New Hope, A New Hope
TXAG 05
AG
chipotle said:

I remember the first time I saw something that said A New Hope on it, I four really excited because I thought that they had secretly come out with a new Star Wars movie. Was disappointed to see that it was just Star Wars
YellowPot_97
AG
Forum Troll said:

I liked the prequels better than TLJ mainly becuase the overall story was coherent (albiet poorly written dialogue), Obi Wan, and lightsaber battles.

TLJ was such a mess.

This
Bring in a new writer that can write conversations that sound like actual people talking, and a director that doesn't make the actors look like they're made out of wood, and those are good movies. And that's because there is a good overall story arc between all the prequels.
Liquid Wrench
chipotle said:

I'm pretty sure it was A New Hope by the time I saw it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
ChiliBeans said:

chipotle said:

I'm pretty sure it was A New Hope by the time I saw it.
Youngling.

I believe the subtitle A New Hope was added to the first re-release in 1978, but Star Wars was simply Star Wars when it first came out. Nowadays I will call it by either name, but generally if I mention Star Wars today, I'm referring to the overall saga.
Satellite of Love
Urban Ag said:

Satellite of Love said:

Vader 2020 said:

I walked out of RO questioning if ESB was still the best film of the franchise.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Duncan Idaho
Nope. No attacks we're made
Justin2010
AG
Both TLJ and TFA don't hold up on multiple viewings.

The flaws in TLJ especially really outweigh some of the better elements of the movie.

After viewing all of them several times, Rogue One is the only one that stands out as a really fantastic star wars movie.
Gregg Papivich
5>4>RO>6>3>2>1>7>8

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.