*** Concerts 2018 ***

37,952 Views | 457 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TP Ag '87
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
62strat said:

Damn if I was single/no kids I'd be all over this:

"To our Legacy Met Club Members:

There's been a lot of excitement today with the announcement of the next wave of North American tour dates and this time we have a new twist... if you love to travel and one show just isn't enough, then perhaps the Wherever I May Roam Black Ticket is for you! For the first time in 'Tallica history, you may purchase one ticket that will allow you floor access to any Metallica show on the 2018/2019 North American tour. You pick the show(s), call us no less than 48 hours before the gig and you're in! A limited number of 250 of these Black Tickets will be available for $598 (yes... we are celebrating the reissue of the Garage Days Re-Revisited EP!)."

My brother and his family live in Lubbock. We got The Whiplash Experience and GA floor tickets ($399 each). Would have been $2499 each for meet and greet. That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, show isn't til March 2019

As for '18:
(G3 - Jan 28 - Hobby Center)
Sons of Apollo - May 9 - Scout Bar
Dave Matthews Band - May 18 - Woodlands
Chris Stapleton - June 16 - Brandon, MS
62strat
AG
zgood10 said:

62strat said:

Damn if I was single/no kids I'd be all over this:

"To our Legacy Met Club Members:

There's been a lot of excitement today with the announcement of the next wave of North American tour dates and this time we have a new twist... if you love to travel and one show just isn't enough, then perhaps the Wherever I May Roam Black Ticket is for you! For the first time in 'Tallica history, you may purchase one ticket that will allow you floor access to any Metallica show on the 2018/2019 North American tour. You pick the show(s), call us no less than 48 hours before the gig and you're in! A limited number of 250 of these Black Tickets will be available for $598 (yes... we are celebrating the reissue of the Garage Days Re-Revisited EP!)."

My brother and his family live in Lubbock. We got The Whiplash Experience and GA floor tickets ($399 each). Would have been $2499 each for meet and greet. That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, show isn't til March 2019

As for '18:
(G3 - Jan 28 - Hobby Center)
Sons of Apollo - May 9 - Scout Bar
Dave Matthews Band - May 18 - Woodlands
Chris Stapleton - June 16 - Brandon, MS
I seriously considered buying the $2500 meet and greet too.. I mean, that's not that much in the grand scheme of life for someone to meet their idols.

And you get snake pit tickets with it to boot.

Course I didn't meet James, he doesn't do the smaller meet and greets.
ellebee
NOFX and Bad Religion in May!
mhayden
ellebee said:

NOFX and Bad Religion in May!

Craft beer and some old school punk? Don't mind if I do!
rather be fishing
AG
Avett Brothers with Asleep at the Wheel opening on Saturday. Fairly excited.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Smashing pumpkins - July 18 AAC
Elton John - December 15th AAC
mhayden
I feel like I'm hitting that age where I'm going to see all the big name guys before they are done. I'm not a huge Elton John fan, but he's got such an extensive catalog that I feel like it's a no-brainer to go.

Will probably check out Metallica this go-around as well.

Of course I'm most excited about 08/03 - Erasure.
Jim01
AG
Kind of feel the same way. Losing Tom Petty was a blow and I never got to see him live, so now I feel compelled to see anyone even close to an elder statesman.
mhayden
Yup. I was lucky enough to see Prince and saw Cornell a half-dozen times... Had tickets to Petty in Dallas but other plans came up and I wasn't too upset because while he's fun I just don't think lyrically he's that great... But now I really regret it.

Would have loved to have seen Bowie, but 2002-circa mhayden wasn't yet a fan.
BCSWguru
have front and center tickets for Kyle Park I cannot use for tonight at Billy Bobs. Free dollars if anyone wants them and I can figure out how to separate the PDF from other tickets.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Jim01 said:

Kind of feel the same way. Losing Tom Petty was a blow and I never got to see him live, so now I feel compelled to see anyone even close to an elder statesman.
That's my exact same sentiment.

I love Petty but he was young enough that I would say, "meh, I'll get him next time around." Then boom.

I had tickets to see Paul McCartney when he was on tour through Dallas. He got sick in Japan and had to reschedule his Dallas date - I couldn't make that date. Now, I'll probably never get to see one of the most influential musicians of all time.

62strat
AG
Jim01 said:

Think of all those kids in 1993 that said oh I'll catch nirvana on the next go round!

And then AIC, and then Soundgarden.
ellebee
62strat said:

Jim01 said:

Think of all those kids in 1993 that said oh I'll catch nirvana on the next go round!

And then AIC, and then Soundgarden.

*raises hand* Although in my defense I was still in high school when cobain died and didn't go to my first big show until after I graduated. Wasn't all that interested in soundgarden for some reason and well, I got nothin for AIC although I can't imagine we wouldn't have gone if they were coming. I remember exactly where I was when I found out both cobain and Staley died.
62strat
AG
My first concert was 93 and second was 94 so I didn't see any of the grunge guys at that time.

AIC was supposed to open for Metallica in 94 and I was so pissed that they didn't play because he went to rehab and we got candlebox instead.

Got to see pantera, megadeth, anthrax and Metallica all in the mid 90s though.
ellebee
Besides dead horse when I was 15-16, I started going in 94 and couldn't get enough. Still my favorite thing to do.
BCSWguru
saw Tracy Byrd on Saturday night. 21 tunes. Still sounds great.

62strat
AG
This is cool..

Ticket to Rock, For only $69, you get 1 GA ticket to 4 shows: godsmack/shinedown, Zombie/manson, 5FDP/BBenjamin, and AX7/prophets of rage.

Or get a reserved seat for only $89. That's a hell of a deal.
ellebee
ROB ZOMBIE AND MARILYN MANSON ARE COMING!!!

WHY ARENT MY GIFS WORKING TODAY???
Jim01
AG
Childish Gambino announced a tour.

September 22 - Houston
September 23 - Dallas

I saw him on the Camp tour at HOB but I'll probably skip this go around. The opening act is popular but really bad rap act (Rae Srummerd)
TP Ag '87
AG
Where?
62strat
AG
In select cities.. Denver not being one of course (that whole class action lawsuit free show deal didn't have ONE single show in Denver... we don't have a live nation pavilion.)
But Houston and dallas are on the list, Houston being woodlands pavilion.

It's 4 different shows, they are all separate events/dates. Look up ticket to rock on livenation.

Edit, here I'll help you out
https://www.livenation.com/artists/167308/ticket-to-rock

Course that $69 turns into ~$99 after fees and such. What a racket.
TP Ag '87
AG
Thanks much.
62strat
AG
AIC with some fall dates and a new album coming.

https://www.aliceinchains.com/#tour
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat said:

AIC with some fall dates and a new album coming.

https://www.aliceinchains.com/#tour
62strat
AG
FYI, Houston live nation presale has already started. PW: encore

Know Your Enemy
AG
Chris Stapleton tonight
ellebee
Just picked up GA/Pit for Zombie and Manson at Austin 360!
TP Ag '87
AG
Geoff Tate doing Mindcrime @ HOB Houston 6/28
62strat
AG
After a day of hesitation, and immediately following 2 beers during happy hour friday, I proceeded to purchase AIC tickets. Couldn't pass up a small club date. Capacity only like 3k.
Jim01
AG
Im still on the fence about In Bloom this Sunday. I really want to see QOTSA, but have no real desire for anyone else on Sunday's bill except maybe Explosions In The Sky.
jorgerr96
Just got PIT for Liam Gallagher in Los Angeles. PIT at that venue is very small so will try to get there early for barricade.
TP Ag '87
AG
Had my first "experience" with Steel Panther last night. Took some UK colleagues that were in town.

They thought it was great. I was amazed at the crowd on a Wed night, plus an admission price of $35.
Echoes97
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

Had my first "experience" with Steel Panther last night. Took some UK colleagues that were in town.

They thought it was great. I was amazed at the crowd on a Wed night, plus an admission price of $35.

I was there too! Those guys are hilarious, and excellent musicians. They always draw a big crowd and it's always a fun show. I'm not like a huge "fan" per se, just like to rock out and have a good time and they deliver on that big time. Note on tickets to (many) tribute and similar shows at HoB, tickets are readily available for free at Dirt Bar the day of the show. I got 6 free for SP yesterday!

Going to see The Iron Maidens tonight at Proof Rooftop Lounge, it's a free show and they're pretty good too.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
TP Ag '87
AG
I actually had 4 free tix via the HOB twitter feed but needed 1 extra. I'll just expense it! They were entertaining. I would gotten more into if I hadn't been with work people and early morning today.

I've got tix for tonight's Maidens show but, between Ag game and I'm beat, gonna pass.
Jim01
AG
Matt & Kim were awesome last night. Their energy is so contagious. It would be damn near impossible not to have fun at their show.

Also my first time at White Oak Music Hall. Nice place. I felt light there a tad too much bass. Vocals were kind of hard to understand at times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.