Ocean's 8

13,903 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Raptor
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

WHY? When will hollywood come up with new ideas?
mpezll
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
If this bombs as hard as the she-ghostbusters flick, maybe they will get the hint that rebooted with a gimmick is just stupid.
Quad Dog
AG
"Every con has its pros" is a pretty great tag line though.
AgMarauder04
AG
Now that I've watched the trailer, it looks awful.
jackie childs
it would have been really interesting if they'd done two focus groups...one where they market this as "Ocean's 8" and one where they just market it as a heist flick with THAT cast.

i think they've made this process much, much tougher by going with the Ocean's tie-in.
Carlo4
AG
It stars all the Kardashians... what could go wrong?
ORAggieFan
As one of the loves pretty much any heist film and especially the Ocean's franchise, I'll be seeing it....
Flashdiaz
AG
there's someone named Awkwafina ?
TriAg2010
AG
They're going to lure Terry Benedict into a sham marriage with no prenuptial agreement. Crime of the century.
Sex Panther
AG
Sex Panther
AG
Also, I absolutely refuse to see anything with someone who calls themselves Awkwafina
AgTrip
Well while Oceans Eleven was a remake of an older movie, I still am not a fan of " lets do a chick version of the idea" now.
jr15aggie
AG
Of course Sandra Bullock is in this! Ugh................................
expresswrittenconsent
It's hilarious how offended some of you snowflakes get over nothing. It's a freakin movie. If it looks good, go see it. If it looks terrible, skip it.
jeffk
AG
Is she related to Danny Ocean in any way?
bigcat22
AG
Sex Panther
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

It's hilarious how offended some of you snowflakes get over nothing. It's a freakin movie. If it looks good, go see it. If it looks terrible, skip it.

Who's offended? It looks hilariously terrible.
chipotle
Waiting for female version of The Expendables.
rhutton125
AG
chipotle said:

Waiting for female version of The Expendables.

That idea was mentioned once before, actually. Stallone had an idea of Sigourney Weaver as his ex-wife who starts her own crew or maybe gets his company in the divorce or something. The Expendabelles.

But honestly....... I'd be on board with that. With the right cast.
TCTTS
AG
This looks legitimately fun to me.

I wouldn't put this in the same camp as the Ghostbusters remake because A) it's a WAY better cast, and B) this is an actual sequel to the first trilogy, not a remake. Bullock is playing Danny Ocean's sister, and if you look closely in one of the final shots, she's visiting his grave. Matt Damon has an extended cameo as well, and Steven Soderbergh, the director of the first three, had a ton of creative input on this one, which counts for a lot in my book.

I still get the "all women redo" / unoriginality factor, though, and that's a fair gripe, but not only would I consider this one an exception to the rule, but a team of women - featuring this cast - stealing diamonds from the Met Ball is a pretty fun premise. That, and as mentioned above, the tagline is pretty damn great too.

I showed the trailer to my mom and sisters, and they, at least, can't wait for this. If it's even halfway good, it'll be a massive hit this summer.
Gigem314
AG
jackie childs said:

it would have been really interesting if they'd done two focus groups...one where they market this as "Ocean's 8" and one where they just market it as a heist flick with THAT cast.

i think they've made this process much, much tougher by going with the Ocean's tie-in.
Yeah the Ocean's tie-in seems a bit forced. But it looks fun.

I think a movie with that cast and plot would have been just fine as its own independent heist film. It's a really impressive cast. I hope it doesn't get the 'Ghostbusters' treatment because of the tag along. It looks a heck of a lot better than the Ghostbusters remake ever did.

I'd see it for Sarah Paulson and Helena Bonham Carter alone simply because they tend to play really interesting characters.
The Collective
AG
meh.
expresswrittenconsent
Sex Panther said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Who's offended? It looks hilariously terrible.

Mostly the dudes who think an all female cast is an attack on their masculinity. This isn't new, btw. There have been a half a dozen threads about this movie (when it was announced, when it was cast) and about the terrible Ghostbusters remake and for every post saying "this looks bad, I will probably skip it" there were plenty of ridiculous complaints about how unfair an all female cast were and women aren't funny and "more leftist hollywood PC agenda".
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

This looks legitimately fun to me.

I wouldn't put this in the same camp as the Ghostbusters remake because A) it's a WAY better cast, and B) this is an actual sequel to the first trilogy, not a remake. Bullock is playing Danny Ocean's sister, and if you look closely in one of the final shots, she's visiting his grave. Matt Damon has an extended cameo as well, and Steven Soderbergh, the director of the first three, had a ton of creative input on this one, which counts for a lot in my book.

I still get the "all women redo" / unoriginality factor, though, and that's a fair gripe, but not only would I consider this one an exception to the rule, but a team of women - featuring this cast - stealing diamonds from the Met Ball is a pretty fun premise. That, and as mentioned above, the tagline is pretty damn great too.

I showed the trailer to my mom and sisters, and they, at least, can't wait for this. If it's even halfway good, it'll be a massive hit this summer.

DANNY DIED?!?!
TCTTS
AG
... at least that's what they want you to think...
jeffk
AG
It doesn't look like a bad movie - I just think Bullock and her crew better think twice before they try to rip off Catwoman.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

... at least that's what they want you to think...

SANDRA BULLOCK IS DANNY OCEAN AFTER GENDER REASSIGNMENT SURGERY
jeffk
AG
You really get what you pay for when it comes to procedures of that nature.
The Debt
How did they settle on 8?

Well ya see Oceans 11 has 11 men. Women get 70% of what men get (according to idiots). 11 x .7 = 7.7. They round up because they can't draw attention to Dakota Fanning's eating disorder.
TCTTS
AG
Please God let this be true.

This IS the same franchise that had a character, played by Julia Roberts - who isn't playing Julia Roberts - pretend to be Julia Roberts as an integral part of the plot to the movie. So I guess anything is possible.
Mort Rainey
We know it will be better than Oceans 12. Jesus...
Geriatric Punk
AG
Buddy Sorrell said:

We know it will be better than Oceans 12. Jesus...
I still haven't seen that one. I just couldn't.

I might actually see this one, though. Not in the theatre, though. Let's be real.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

- featuring this cast -
Rihanna, Awkwafina and the Kardashians?

fig96
AG
I think this actually looks really fun.

No, it won't be the Clooney/Pitt Oceans, but still looks like it'll be entertaining. And Sandra Bullock looks amazing for being almost into her mid50s.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.