****Top Chef*****

7,088 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tanya 93
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StringerBell said:

Claudette is

She might be one of my least favorite chefs on the show ever.
Max Power
AG
Worse than Marcel? Who now seems to think he's Japanese????
Tanya 93
Max Power said:

Worse than Marcel? Who now seems to think he's Japanese????
One of...

mavsfan4ever
AG
Went to ny this weekend and went to Chris scott's Butterfunk Kitchen in Brooklyn for dinner last night. It's a really small place so there was a long wait. But it was worth the wait. Great food.

We had fried deviled eggs (great) and chicken and dumplings (wasn't crazy about these) as appetizers. Wife got the lemonade fried chicken and I got the pot pepper shrimp. Both of these were very good. Got Mac and cheese and collard greens as sides. The sides were phenomenal. The waiter recommended a special blueberry cobbler/cake thing for dessert which was amazing as well.

Seems like they will have to get a bigger spot. There are literally only like 8 tables in the restaurant.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Max Power said:

The secret is out, if you can make legit biscuits on Top Chef you will almost always win that challenge. It doesn't matter how much of a pedigree the competitors have, biscuits will beat almost anything if they are done well. I think he could just put one of those biscuits on a plate with a side of butter, honey, and jam and won.

This is also advice for life, learn how to make biscuits, take them to family dinners, potlucks, on a date, job interviews and you'll win.

The biscuits were good but nothing special. Just good normal biscuits. I guess a lot of people have never had good biscuits so your post is probably spot on.
wangus12
AG
Man **** Corey Nelson. I still remember that ******* flipping to ou from the good guys
StringerBell
AG
Hahaa had the same thought

Also NOT FATI!
Jrod05
AG
Hahahah I said the same thing...the wife goes what the hell was that?
biobioprof
Before the judges said "why not steak nachos?" I was thinking of the short rib nachos at Blackwater draw.
Max Power
AG
Bummer of an episode, two of the ones I like the most eliminated.
-Here cook with flowers, and PS it's a sudden death quick fire.
-Ok so in order to stay in the competition make a dish with cauliflower, man do I hate cauliflower, you can't make it tasty, I know this.
-People making bad nachos, and bad mac and cheese in a tailgating competition.

Nice to know the chef from Philly gets to attend the Super Bowl and watch his Eagles play.
Tanya 93
Max Power said:

Bummer of an episode, two of the ones I like the most eliminated.

Nice to know the chef from Philly gets to attend the Super Bowl and watch his Eagles play.

I thought the same thing.

And I don't like sudden death quickfires. This one was stupid.
Bitter Old Man
AG
I know its all editing, but I keeping thinking Bruce is going to quit the competition at any second....
98Ag99Grad
AG
happy Chris got to see his Eagles win the SB.
Tanya 93
Bitter Old Man said:

I know its all editing, but I keeping thinking Bruce is going to quit the competition at any second....

That or he will win it all.

Although, I am beginning to think Carrie is on fire right now.
pinkdog
I could see Bruce going home before he even started cooking. Whatever the challenge is always seems to trip him up so much. Adrienne is probably the one I am most surprised to see in the finals. Not that she was ever bad but it seems like it has been hard for her to really shine until this episode.
StringerBell
AG
Adrienne has done just enough to not go home

Carrie is sneaky awesome
biobioprof
I thought the Stephen King quickfire was kind of lame. But I was also surprised that none of the chefs based their dessert on a nightmare involving the judges.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Final 4, no Bruce. I think Brother is going to return.
Tanya 93
I am sad Carrie is gone. She was my one of my favorites all season. Now? Go Adrienne!
StringerBell
AG
Adrienne has really come on the past few weeks.

I've really enjoyed this season.
biobioprof
Tanya 93 said:

I am sad Carrie is gone. She was my one of my favorites all season. Now? Go Adrienne!
She's toast.
LHIOB
AG
My wife and I have really enjoyed this season. Theres a bunch of people I could see coming back and theres been much less drama.
Al Bula
AG
Interesting story about Colicchio. My good friend was in the mix when they did the beer/German food pairing. Tom lost his wallet in his rental and she knows a guy who manages the rental car company in Denver he was using.

Once he starts advertising he lost his wallet she calls the rental car manager and asks him to see what he can do. The guy goes back to work and searched til they found the wallet and met my friend between downtown Denver and the airport, which is no easy task if you know the distance.

She gets the wallet, goes to the event that was recorded for tv and slips the wallet back to him. He was surprised that she returned the wallet and actually rode in a car with him back to the place where they do the recorded Judging stuff. He never said a word apparently and didn't acknowledge that my friends jumped through hoops to get this semi celeb his wallet.

Just goes to show how oblivious "celebs" can be and think they are above the little people.

/tldr tom c is a dewsh
biobioprof
Surprised this thread hadn't been updated after last week.

Who else knew who was safe from the way the previews were edited?
98Ag99Grad
AG
on paper this finale looks like a mismatch but stranger things have happened.
StringerBell
AG
i dont know man.

adrienne has been a ringer damn near this entire season. she's been killing it lately.
biobioprof
Does anyone know if there is really a significant risk of enteric bacterial food poisoning from undercooked trout vs other raw fish? From what I'm seeing online, it's not clear whether there is as long as you aren't cleaning your station with lake water, in which case everything, cooked or not, would be a risk.
Tanya 93
I would not have predicted this finale.

But I like both of them. So it's cool.
98Ag99Grad
AG
she's definitely come on strong here at the end, I'll give her that. I know early on she was kind of an afterthought for me.
Bitter Old Man
AG
I've never heard of anyone eating fresh-water fish raw. I would assume the saltwater/deepwater nature of most sushi fish would keep it cleaner, but I have no idea...
Petrino1
Anyone else disappointed with this season? I felt like this was the weakest group of chefs that Top Chef has had in a while. Typically there's a clear front runner or two that dominate the entire season, but this season didn't really have that. The two chefs in the finale didn't really perform all that well throughout the season.
StringerBell
AG
i kind of agree. the personalities were fun this season, but i thought the caliber of chefs was a little lower than what we've seen in the past.
wangus12
AG
I felt like Carrie was far and away the best there and then she crashes out and doesn't make the finals.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I didn't notice much drop-off, but then I also moved to Denver back in November so the location was a bonus for me. I don't remember feeling throughout the season like this was a down year. I think the camping/cookout challenge from the beginning of the season looked like one of the more arduous things chefs have had to do on the show.

Being in the beer industry, I do feel like there was a missed opportunity to highlight that side of Colorado and do some cool pairings. It's not like they haven't done something like that in the past, but I will say I was a bit bummed beer was never even mentioned.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My ideal final 3 would have been Fatima, Carrie, and Joe Flam, and it was fairly close to happening. Brother Luck seemed like a total t w a t, but I actually do kinda want to try his very affordably priced restaurant in CO Springs.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.