*** SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE ***

29,595 Views | 275 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fig96
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a cool video showing how the animation is different from most other animated movies.

fig96
AG
Good stuff, though he liberally interprets the numbers in a few places

If anyone is interested in an in-depth breakdown of the animation from an acting/performance perspective, this is a great video done by a senior animator at ILM. He also clearly illustrates what I mentioned about industry people loving this film.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just to keep this thread going, which Spider-Man costume was your favorite?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
YouBet
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I liked Miles and the girls white costume. I think hers most of all.
jeffk
AG
Champ Bailey said:

The one with the cape.
jackie childs
there's so many great things about the movie (the animation, the story, the voice acting), but one aspect i don't know that we've discussed on here is the soundtrack is really good too.

my kids are still pretty young and this soundtrack is really the first significant exposure they've had to hip hop. they love it and it has been cool to see and experience with them.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I noticed it more the second time I've been meaning to look up some of the songs.
Formerly tv1113
fig96
AG
I actually added it in Apple Music next day and have a couple tracks on my run playlist, really good stuff.
wangus12
AG
Post removed:
by user
Madmarttigan
AG
This scene alone is better than all of the MCU soundtrack moments, the only thing to even rival it is Ragnarok with the immigrant song scene at the end.

I could watch that on repeat about 50 times.

Probably my biggest pet peeve about the entire MCU is they have very few just absolutely epic moments where the music and movie just click in that perfect way. Funnily enough one of the best uses of the Avengers theme was actually in the infinity war trailer but not the movie.
Formerly tv1113
fig96
AG
Worth noting, the first time Miles goes to look at the suits his reflection is looking up at them. This time his face lines up with the mask.

So. Freakin'. Good.
fig96
AG
Also, don't think it's been mentioned here but there's one seemingly throwaway line that is really intriguing (at :26) and presents all kinds of possibilities.

Also, this entirely scene is absolutely incredible and one of my favorite action sequences in recent memory.

bearamedic99
AG
such a great scene all around.
Scotty Flamingo
Finally watched it. Loved it!
Scotty Flamingo
Question though...was it explained how Gwen showed up before the others?
bearamedic99
AG
I'm 99% sure that it was not explained.
Post removed:
by user
G Martin 87
AG
tv1113 said:

This scene alone is better than all of the MCU soundtrack moments, the only thing to even rival it is Ragnarok with the immigrant song scene at the end.

I could watch that on repeat about 50 times.

Probably my biggest pet peeve about the entire MCU is they have very few just absolutely epic moments where the music and movie just click in that perfect way. Funnily enough one of the best uses of the Avengers theme was actually in the infinity war trailer but not the movie.
Absolutely agree. My favorite shot is the reverse fall UP. Miles RISES to become the hero that was inside all along. What's up, Danger? Gives me chills every time.
FL_Ag1998
AG
third coast.. said:

Didnt she show up after the Peter died? Which would have been after the machine was activated? If not, maybe the machine had been activated before and she came over then?

She arrived after the initial activation, the same dimensional shift that brought them all there, it's just that it brought her there to an earlier point in time than the others.
Madmarttigan
AG
She states that when she was transferred to the current dimension she was blown into last week. She didn't arrive at the same time as the others.
Formerly tv1113
Post removed:
by user
Scotty Flamingo
Ahhhh. Cool. Thanks
wangus12
AG
fig96
AG
If for some reason you haven't seen this yet (and really, what's wrong with you), coming to Netflix next month!

And once you have, this is a really great breakdown of all the cool innovative technical stuff they did on the film:
bbattbq01
AG
Watched it on a plane a couple weeks ago, look forward to seeing it on a real screen and not interrupted by AA fasten your seatbelts movies
hunter2012
AG
Saw it last night, thought it was excellent. Great concept and a lot of crack ups for any fan of spidey. My only disappointment was also worked around/necessary, that being the original Peter's death(seriously you can't kill Peter), but it ended up a necessary plot point of each universe's spiderman feeling alone, "I thought I was the only one". It's also necessary for Miles to come into his own and I liked how they worked around it with fat Peter mentoring him.

I also thought the noir spidey was hilarious, especially when Miles comes in freaking out about his uncle and the noir comments how it's a great origin story.
TyHolden
AG
Maybe my favorite cartoon movie
jeffk
AG
Thanks for that video. I didn't know most of the technical side of how they made it look the way they did.
La Bamba
AG
This movie was awesome. Admittedly was not expecting much when I turned it on Netflix but am very pleasantly surprised. Just a really cool flick.
fig96
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.