***** (Netflix) Marvel's The Punisher *****

16,473 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KidDoc
MBAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The family wasn't a target. They we're collateral damage.
ramblin_ag02
AG
It wasn't bad, but I'm more excited for next season. All of Castle in DD and his own series still ties back to his military days and the murder of his family. That's his backstory for sure, but I'd like them to show him be the Punisher when not just avenging his family. Even in the series we're getting more and more tangential to his family's murder but still stuck on that one narrative.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
brew82
Just finished the series. Enjoyed it, would rank it behind the first season of dd as my 2 favorites. What a beating he took from Rawlings, was hoping he would have taken more time giving it back to him. My word, billys beat down was brutal. Is he a future nemesis in the comics?
Aggie94
AG
Brew82 -

Russo is the identity of Punisher arch-nemesis Jigsaw in the comics. The series has run with that, apparently....
bearamedic99
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

So, I just finished it.

Very underwhelming. And long. Too long. C'mon, Netflix...what is the biggest complaint about EVERY Marvel series you've done? "Too many episodes for the content," This could easily, EASILY been an 8 episode series. Why insist on twelve?

To me, this wasn't the Punisher. Not at all. Hell, he wasn't even unleashed until the second to last episode. In fact, he wasn't even "punishing" anyone...he was on the run the whole series. That's not right. The Punisher should be hunting his target and not hiding as prey. That was a wrong decision.

Also, the ending was wrong. He shouldn't have been given a pass by Homeland. He should have been arrested for his crimes and sent to Riker's. That would give a starting point for season 2: surround him with the filth of humanity to give him his mission to punish criminals. Enough with the "I'm just going after my family's killers" bulls***. Castle accomplished that; now it's time to wage war with crime in general. Turn him into the brutal vigilante he should be.

Oh, and the amount of physical injuries he sustained in a short period of time and was still able to walk around and fight at the end was just comical. Seriously, it's like he had Wolverine's ability to heal quickly.

I can't say I hated it, but I wasn't pleased with it. It was a huge swing-and-a-miss for me. And I love Berenthal as Castle.

this sums up a lot of it for me. i enjoyed the cast but they could have skipped the Timothy Mcveigh **** with Louis and done a bit on why Russo would betray Castle. maybe they felt Russo torturing his mother to show how sociopathic he is was their bit? idk.

trident and any other marines, do you call yourselves soldiers? i always figured that was an army thing and marines are marines. no offense meant and just an ignorant sidebar.
Trident 88
AG
We are Marines, not soldiers.
KidDoc
AG
I loved it, great series.

His healing and/or ability to take punishment is pretty crazy though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.