****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,418 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I guess not, but you didn't learn about American Indians then.

An atlatl allows for more force to be applied and humanly generated for throwing a spear.

There were some atlatls that had a sling you put around your wrist then would swing above your head in a circle and you would snap and hold the atlatl and it would "launch" the projectile. Could be short, could be long.

It was deadly.
Atlatl's were used all around the world by ancient people long before American Indians (although also used by Aztecs, Mayans, etc.). You could learn about them by studying any number of ancient peoples.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Rex Racer said:

OnlyForNow said:

I guess not, but you didn't learn about American Indians then.

An atlatl allows for more force to be applied and humanly generated for throwing a spear.

There were some atlatls that had a sling you put around your wrist then would swing above your head in a circle and you would snap and hold the atlatl and it would "launch" the projectile. Could be short, could be long.

It was deadly.
Atlatl's were used all around the world by ancient people long before American Indians (although also used by Aztecs, Mayans, etc.). You could learn about them by studying any number of ancient peoples.

and then....... gunpowder.

..... or in GOT dragons.

smokeythebear
AG
agrams said:

jaime has a bigger role to play than i think we expect. bran wouldn't be waiting on him if he didnt have some pivotal role vs the NK.
Not a spoiler or anything, just a really dumb prediction that i'll spare anyone from reading that doesn't want to hear far-fetched idiocy

I haven't fully thought this through, but is there any reason why Jaime couldn't be the prince that was promised? I know it seems dumb, but SO much of the show has been about his back and forth redemption story. He's suffered just as much if not more than anyone else on the show. All three of his children die, losing his hand, being forced to listen as Robert cheated on Cersei, being forced to watch Joffrey and Marcella die in his arms (or close by), watching as Cersei goes completely mad, watching as his father and sister conspire to kill his brother, freeing his brother just to have him kill his father. I mean, Jaime doesn't open the series as a good guy, but he's gone through a whole lot of crap and he's possibly been the most dynamic character throughout the series. Also, I'm not a book reader, but there's something about the PP plunging a sword into his wife's chest in order to forge Lightbringer, right? Well him finally killing Cersei (with either Widow's Wail or Oathkeeper) could be that moment that simultaneously completes his redemption story by freeing him from the last thing that has kept him from becoming a good guy.

Or, I mean, it could also still be Jon. Since that still makes way more sense.

Stupid, I know, but I didn't read this anywhere or watch a youtube video, I just thought it up based on the above poster's comment. So now all the book readers can feel free to inform me why I'm wrong.

EDIT: Thanks Teddy!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Kill the colon after "show"
smokeythebear
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Kill the colon after "show"
Wow, that was extremely frustrating. THANKS!
OnlyForNow
AG
This is a widely expressed theory that, to me is making more and more sense. He might not be the overall winner in the series, but I think it's a good bet he could be AA. I've always thought that since Ice was broken and re-forged into Widow's Wail and OathKeeper, both swords will have a role to play in the end.
jboog
AG
This ain't it. Not even worth the spoiler tag
redline248
AG
Jon_Snow.exe not found

HtownAg92
AG
Aren't we also forgetting about Nymeria? Arya spotted her on the way North to WF. Don't know that they would just drop that reunion unless it meant something later.

How Bran is going to legitimize Jon, by going around the room and revealing everyone's secrets:

redline248
AG
Personally, I think they added it as a means to say they were done with Nymeria. She's got her own pack now and doesn't need Arya.

Which I hate.
MaroonStain
AG
Oh what a surprise it will be!!!
Southlake
Sunday can't get here quickly enough - soon you guys will be arguing about what deodorant the characters wear...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If people don't want to see pointless discussion and argument, just don't open this thread.
Liquid Wrench
Southlake said:

Sunday can't get here quickly enough - soon you guys will be arguing about what deodorant the characters wear...
I think about this every time I see a love scene in a movie/show set before the 20th century: They did not have deodorant.

Or...many other grooming and sanitary things we take for granted.

Thought about it when Jon kissed the fire down in the cave.

But I guess if you don't know any different...I dunno. Maybe that's why so many more people went into religious vocations in olden times.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Southlake said:

I think about this every time I see a love scene in a movie/show set before the 20th century: They did not have deodorant.

Or...many other grooming and sanitary things we take for granted.

Thought about it when Jon kissed the fire down in the cave.

But I guess if you don't any different...I dunno. Maybe that's why so many more people went into religious vocations in olden times.

When did women start shaving their legs/pits? I always wonder that when watching period pieces.
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

When did women start shaving their legs/pits? I always wonder that when watching period pieces.
Didn't lice outbreaks have something to do with the advent of body shaving techniques? It probably depended on the place. Like, Egyptians were probably way ahead of Europeans in that area.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CFTXAG10
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Feels like it was made for Black Panther and not GOT
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

Didn't lice outbreaks have something to do with the advent of body shaving techniques? It probably depended on the place. Like, Egyptians were probably way ahead of Europeans in that area.

Egyptians, ancient Greeks, romans were known to shave everything

Mid evil Europeans left it all

Early 1900's women started shaving their legs
1945 ish with the bikini they started trimming the forest.
CapCityAg89
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I figured Tyrion was going to ask Elmo about where he liked to put his cock and if it really was in young boys.

... too early?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Egyptians, ancient Greeks, romans were known to shave everything
One Roman history video I watched described men plucking their body hair.

If they were anywhere near as hairy as my dago self, I can't even imagine.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Uh what?
Vince Blake
I think hes referring to the actor who voiced Elmo was accused of sexual abuse to minors some years back.
redline248
AG
In trivia at the bar tonight there were 5 game of thrones questions. Your boy was 5 of 5. Technically 8 of 8 since one question required 3 answers.

1. Who killed Joffrey?
2. Daenerys's 3 dragons names?
3. What season was the Red Wedding?
4. Name of character that employed "little birds?"
5. Who is the true heir to the Iron Throne?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those are easy af.
redline248
AG
I know. Only one other group knew them, though.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
redline248 said:

In trivia at the bar tonight there were 5 game of thrones questions. Your boy was 5 of 5. Technically 8 of 8 since one question required 3 answers.

1. Who killed Joffrey?
2. Daenerys's 3 dragons names?
3. What season was the Red Wedding?
4. Name of character that employed "little birds?"
5. Who is the true heir to the Iron Throne?

Assuming they are correctly using the homie Jon for answer #5 but what was the right answer according to the hosts?
Swarely
Tbf #4 has two answers as well
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Joe Cole said:

Quote:

D&D have repeatedly said scenes are not close to concurrent

that is what I meant by "just a show". I know they have said that and we are supposed to suspend belief, but still some of the things do not line up such as Jon and crew's trip to KL and back and in this entire time, the army of dead has covered about 1/10th of the distance

I guess as a book reader, you really gain an appreciation for how big this world is and how far apart the places are
I wonder, though. In the time that it took Jon/Dany to go from beyond the Wall to KL, then back to Winterfell, the Army of the Dead has not even made it to Last Hearth.

We know this because Ned Umber is sent there by Jon in this episode, where they play chop suey with him.

If it took them THAT long just to make it to Last Hearth, they're either moving incredibly slowly, or they had already slaughtered everyone at the Last Hearth and were just chilling there for a bit.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.