****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,335 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Theme so far of episode one: Reunions.

Loving every minute so far.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Seems the army of the dead would be upon Winterfell by now.
wangus12
AG
Nobody makes Sam cry
jabberwalkie09
AG
Oh ***** Sam dropping the bomb.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh that ending. The one reunion I really wanted to see.
Carlo4
AG
Jesus the kid....
jabberwalkie09
AG
Damn you! I wanted to see their conversation. ******* you GOT!
Carlo4
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Notice the whole aunt thing wasn't a big deal
jabberwalkie09
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Seems the army of the dead would be upon Winterfell by now.

Soon my friend. Soon.
wangus12
AG
Give me.more damnit
chiken
AG
Well this episode did not disappoint.
Kate Beckett
AG
THAT PROMO THOUGH
Post removed:
by user
Olsen
AG
Great season premiere yet! I loved all the reunions that happened in the episode.
The Dog Lord
AG
It's amazing how much that episode swung the momentum in Jon's direction. We already knew about Jon's claim, but with the North being pissed about Dany and Sam's argument about what Jon is willing to sacrifice vs. what Dany would do...
The Dog Lord
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm really starting to dislike Sansa's arrogance now

She's always been the worst. We were just rooting for her while she was being tortured by Joffrey and then Ramsey. They'd have a lot more men to fight the Night King with if she had told Jon about the Knights of the Vale.
CFTXAG10
AG
Gonna have nightmares of that kid pulling out the shank before being lit on fire
MaroonStain
AG
A little on the 'meh' side for me but I understand the need to reconnect...things...
Carlo4
AG
The Dog Lord said:

wangus12 said:

I'm really starting to dislike Sansa's arrogance now

She's always been the worst. We were just rooting for her while she was being tortured by Joffrey and then Ramsey. They'd have a lot more men to fight the Night King with if she had told Jon about the Knights of the Vale.

Sansa will be fun again when Podrag bangs her
Teddy Perkins
AG
That was great but The North Remembers with Arya taking out House Frey is still tops for me.
Teddy Perkins
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Only thing I didn't really understand was the Bronn scene. So he's being sent to kill Jaime and Tyrion by Cersei?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Damn.... Jamie and Bran. I've actually never seen Jamie so scared.... of a cripple. lol.

The reveal to Jon could have been handled better I suppose - I expected something more formal with Bran I guess - but Sam doing it while basically pissed off at Dany and basically saying Jon/Aegon would make a better ruler was interesting. It has more meaning then we even expected with the drama of the northmen not taking to Dany.

Only negative really for me was: Sorry as fun as the dragon riding was - a. it was for nothing really and b. it played out like a soap opera love thing with the cheesy "keep your queen warm" and posed kiss with scenic backdrop. blech.

Overall great setup episode - so many reunions and most did not go like I would expect exactly yet they were pretty nearly perfect.
MaroonStain
AG
PDEMDHC said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Notice the whole aunt thing wasn't a big deal

I thought Jon 'Don't call me _____' Snow was about to hurl all over Sam.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Only thing I didn't really understand was the Bronn scene. So he's being sent to kill Jaime and Tyrion by Cersei?

Yes.... she is trying to buy him - if he does it she wins if not she will try something else.

but she is smart she knows he can get close to both. i doubt it pays off though. he won't do it.

Swarely
Dragons watch people have sex just like dogs.
plowboy1065
S
That scene of Drogon staring down John is badass
The Dog Lord
AG
Also, Dany was super casual about him just hopping on to Rhaegal. That's a HUGE deal.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
plowboy1065 said:

bet that made his sword go limp....very intimidating

wangus12
AG
True. And like Sam said. Jon goes out of his way to protect everyone. Dany's goal has always been getting the Throne and she always puts that first
Brock Sampson
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Hilarious scene!
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Damn.... Jamie and Bran. I've actually never seen Jamie so scared.... of a cripple. lol.

The reveal to Jon could have been handled better I suppose - I expected something more formal with Bran I guess - but Sam doing it while basically pissed off at Dany and basically saying Jon/Aegon would make a better ruler was interesting. It has more meaning then we even expected with the drama of the northmen not taking to Dany.

Only negative really for me was: Sorry as fun as the dragon riding was - a. it was for nothing really and b. it played out like a soap opera love thing with the cheesy "keep your queen warm" and posed kiss with scenic backdrop. blech.

Overall great setup episode - so many reunions and most did not go like I would expect exactly yet they were pretty nearly perfect.
Jamie didn't look scared to me, it looked more like a man being confronted directly with the horrible things he used to do. He has been transforming himself into an honorable person, or wants to, so this will be interesting.

As far as the dragon riding, I felt like it was a nice nod to Jon and Ygritte, and giving us a reason for Jon to be able to ride the dragon later without it just being random.
PatAg
AG
I thought it was just to kill Tyrion..and I don't think Bronn will do it personally.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"He's got blue eyes!"

"I've always had blue eyes!"

I love Tormund
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.