****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,208 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
chipotle
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Hot pie is a goner

NK enters the inn. Hot pie talks his ears off for a while on the importance of gravey. NK ice Spears hot pie. Credits
redline248
AG
No, hot pie tells him the secret to great gravy is mixing in dragonglass powder, then Arya pours a bowl of it on his head, destroying the army of the dead.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Idk about y'all, but I'm a little excited about tonight.

yeah uhhhh more than a little.....

I have a group text on GOT watching with 6 family members we've been going nuts for a week+ getting ready.

But I just texted them that I think my head might explode before this weekend is over.
4 of my favorite things in the world have made this an epic weekend so far:

1. Star Wars Ep IX trailer released!! - i was blown away
2. Aggies spring football game!! - woo hoo love aggie football anytime
3. Tiger is back and wins the Masters!! - what an exciting win for Tiger... and me!!!!
4. And GOT S8 premiere still to come!!!!!!!

i'm gonna drop dead if this gets any more exciting.......

MaroonStain
AG
I am almost done with my binge catchup. Picked up some anecdotes and refreshers.

-WW are linked
-Time and distance mean very little
-Cheap and BS way for BenJen to exit the story
-The Hound dying will be saddddd
-Danearys was up 3-0 but +1 now stings
-Still love the way the Stark girls played Little*****
-On and on

I am so pumped! LFG!!!
Topher17
AG
plowboy1065 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bran has affected this whole series in ways that haven't been revealed yet. The Mad King saying Burn Them All has to be Bran back in time trying to fix things. Was he trying to tell him that they need to burn all the dead knowing the NK was coming and could raise everyone up for his army? Did he get stuck in the original Stark who was turned into the NK and actually is not coming to destroy everything but has another motive for coming south of the wall?

I know this is the common theory/thought right now, but I really hope this isn't the case. Bran being more involved than telling John who he is and how to defeat the WW just isn't where I want this to go.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Topher17 said:

plowboy1065 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Bran has affected this whole series in ways that haven't been revealed yet. The Mad King saying Burn Them All has to be Bran back in time trying to fix things. Was he trying to tell him that they need to burn all the dead knowing the NK was coming and could raise everyone up for his army? Did he get stuck in the original Stark who was turned into the NK and actually is not coming to destroy everything but has another motive for coming south of the wall?

I know this is the common theory/thought right now, but I really hope this isn't the case. Bran being more involved than telling John who he is and how to defeat the WW just isn't where I want this to go.

It's going to be interesting. This seems like it could go 2 ways still.

1. all the myths, legends, visions and prophecies play a large part in the end game here
or
2. they were nothing but myths, legends and prophecies and it plays out straightforward perhaps even ending the era of magic in effect.

I'm definitely more prone toward them playing a large part - because it is fantasy in it's nature and origin - and I think it can be done without too much time spent on Bran visions or flashbacks, etc. (or even without explaining how it fits into those but still happening). And we have seen magic already - Jon, Beric, Dany, other visions, and the dragons, etc. It is hard for me to believe none of the rest of it plays a part. That and the groundwork has been laid with - Azor Ahai explained, other prophecies that have come true (Cersei's) and a lot of the history and backstory for the north and WW legends, etc.

And there is a danger I suppose - too much fantasy and magic could turn some off. Too little and book readers will be disappointed. That's why I still think at least some of it happens and matters but they don't spend too much time on it. Gotta find that sweetspot.

gigemJTH12
AG
I'm new to this, but I agree that Bran being any more of the past than has already been revealed is a little too much for my liking. I hope he's just the new raven and everything that happens is due to present time and present happenings. Sure there will he references and things happening because of the past. But any more time warp bran affecting things of huge significance is not how I want things to go down
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Quote:

Too little and book readers will be disappointed.

Book readers better be prepared for disappointment.

There will be no more mainline books.

Not what I meant. At all.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

C@LAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Quote:

Not what I meant. At all.

was exactly what I meant.

don't care. added nothing. you like to interject yourself though no doubt. whether you have anything to add or not.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MaroonStain
AG
Done
Render
AG
TyHolden
AG
Render said:

FTAB practice?
Al Bula
AG
Now I remember why I have purposely avoided this thread.
BenFiasco14
AG
C@LAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Quote:

I don't disagree, but I guess that means GRRM wont ever be returning to A&M for his "honorary degree"

https://instagr.am/p/BwP8cLhglue
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

Anyone know a good recap video? It's for my parents. They love the show but can barely keep characters straight, they will be really lost after the hiatus.

It might be a little too late, but I think it was Spilner who posted this one a while back. Just watched it, and it's a quick, really great recap...

Eliminatus
AG
Looks like you can watch it now if you have Direct TV.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thisisinsider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-leaked-early-directv-now-2019-4
redsquirrelAG
AG
Must have fixed it. I just tried.
easttexasaggie04
AG
What time can I stream the new episode on HBO GO?
TCTTS
AG
It technically premieres at 8 PM Central. Should be right around then.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wait wait wait...... he starts that synopsis saying Westeros is an ISLAND!!!!!!

It's a freaking CONTINENT.

Not sure I can go any further.
TyHolden
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

continents are really large islands
bearamedic99
AG
It is known
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is the recap you need.

PatAg
AG

to get in the mood over the next hour
chipotle
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
DSAg44 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

continents are really large islands

No they aren't.

Encyclopedia Britannica says:

Quote:

Although Australia is sometimes called an "island continent," most geographers consider islands and continents to be separate things. According to Britannica, an island is a mass of land that is both "entirely surrounded by water" and also "smaller than a continent." By that definition, Australia can't be an island because it's already a continent.
and

Quote:

Island, any area of land smaller than a continent and entirely surrounded by water. Islands may occur in oceans, seas, lakes, or rivers. A group of islands is called an archipelago. Islands may be classified as either continental or oceanic. Oceanic islands are those that rise to the surface from the floors of the ocean basins. Continental islands are simply unsubmerged parts of the continental shelf that are entirely surrounded by water. Many of the larger islands of the world are of the continental type.

So islands may be "continental" islands (part of a continent in that they are part of that continental plate) or oceanic if they are not.

But islands are defined as something smaller than continents and distinguished by their tectonic plate location.

For example Greenland is an island because it is on the same continental plate as North America.

Whereas Australia (4x larger) is a continent not purely by it's size but because it is on it's own continental plate.

https://www.britannica.com/story/is-australia-an-island

And in the world of GRRM we defer to him - it is one of the main land masses of their known world and HE defines it as a continent.

Anyway.....we need some new material for sure it's been too long....lol. 47 minutes and counting.....

Bregxit
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Australia says g'day!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

got these at the store the other day and it is not just packaging they are stamped for the 4 major "houses" left if you include the NK as a house.

I'm eating them during the show based on who is kicking ass at the moment - I expect the NK ones to be gone first.

Bregxit
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

got these at the store the other day and it is not just packaging they are stamped for the 4 major "houses" left if you include the NK as a house.

I'm eating them during the show based on who is kicking ass at the moment - I expect the NK ones to be gone first.

GoT my package of GoT Oreos ready to go as well!
k20dub
AG
Me too! Damn, we are some fatasses
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.