****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,469 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Is Jaime going to have caught up with Jon? Arya and Hound left before them all, where will they be when the army is gathered?

Will Yara have made the trip around the southern cape and pick up the Dornish army on the way? Seems unlikely, but they were both mentioned in the last meeting.

I doubt it she said she only had 3 ships left when she said goodbye to Theon.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bobinator
AG
That was like, three whole episodes ago, she could have a fleet big enough to conquer the whole world by now.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bobinator said:

That was like, three whole episodes ago, she could have a fleet big enough to conquer the whole world by now.

Realistically, it's been like half a year assuming Theon didn't actually teleport from their last location.
BBRex
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

So...how bout some actual strategery......

those platforms with the dragon killer weapons are completely made of wood and vulnerable from the underside.

I'd use flaming arrows to light those on fire and try to take those out of commission.

Or just fly high as **** in the air with the dragon and come down right on top of them and torch them with dragon fire. That thing cannot shoot straight in the air.

I still don't understand why she didn't her last dragon and come around low behind the ships and torch them all. I only saw the cannons on the bow and they were all sailing the same direction. Flying low would have blocked the cannons with the ships' masts.

Before that, where were the ships scouting ahead? Someone should have been ahead of the fleet.
wangus12
AG
bonfarr said:

Snow is going to leave her in disgust and head north of the Wall and meet up with Ghost and just wander the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
If they end the series with Jon Snow, Ghost and Tormund walking off into the Northern Wilderness as a final shot, I'd be perfectly happy
Fenrir
How many episodes was it from when euron took over and started making his Armada and when the Armada showed up?
HtownAg92
AG
You mean, how long did it take Euron to build his 1000 ships with his 15 or so Iron Born that didn't go with Theon and Yara? I think about a week and a half.
wangus12
AG
How the last season feels

bobinator
AG
Euron had a whole offseason for his fleet. Surprised he only built 1,000 ships.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
And 2 episodes to equip each with a scorpion.
redline248
AG
Yeah, she just flew away instead of circling behind them? That same rock that apparently hid the ships would do the same for Drogon. A single strafing pass behind them sinks a couple or severely cripples them.
bobinator
AG
I don't think she had a lot of time to do a full survey of the field of fire capabilities of a weapon that she just saw obliterate a flying dragon.
gigemJTH12
AG
How would she know there aren't scorpions on the back too?

Best decision at that point was to get out alive with 1 dragon(her only equalizer at this point)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Was that series called A Cup of Quidditch?
IronRed13
AG
Southlake said:

Main thing I'm wondering from the preview:

What did Euron look up and see that had him so bewildered?
wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

I don't think she had a lot of time to do a full survey of the field of fire capabilities of a weapon that she just saw obliterate a flying dragon.
Well she did fly away and let her fleet get obliterated
bobinator
AG
Yeah, right after the episode my first complaint was that entire premise of them being able to surprise attack the dragon was kind of ridiculous. But her reaction seems perfectly reasonable. Anything other than her getting the hell out of there seems like it would be a stretch for someone in that situation.
Urban Ag
AG
Champ Bailey said:

bobinator said:

Realistically, it's been like half a year assuming Theon didn't actually teleport from their last location.
Wow, Cersei isn't even showing yet. Where does she hide that baby weight?
BarKeep_03
AG
George is a genius

The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Technically "Game of Thrones" is the name of the first book of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire".

The ice vs fire is the real story.
bobinator
AG
Tyrion only says 'doesn't mean that your baby has to die,' for all we know she had that kid a year ago.
Southlake
Just what percent of a Dragon plan do you have?

12percent

12 percent? Ha-ha!

Well, it's better than 11 percent...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Debt said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Technically "Game of Thrones" is the name of the first book of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire".

The ice vs fire is the real story.
That person is talking about the TV series GoT.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

**** me
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
My expectation that will likely not be met is regarding Bran. Bran will surely do something instead of just be Night King bait. Maybe starting to really think he'll raise Rhaegal from the dead (maybe since night king touched him?) or warg a random unknown dragon.. Cersei asks Euron specifically if the dragon was dead and Euron mentions that he watched it fall into the water. Could be foreshadowing but also could just be Cersei really making sure such a important event actually happened.

Bran may be the 3ER now but he's staying in Winterfell -
cbr
AG
Oh for ****s living sake, a bunch of ****birds are protesting because the only 'woman of color' on. Th show was killed in chains.

I will not justify such patheic bs with a link, but good lord, what sickening bs the show has to put up with.

I thought we were bad.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Yes. And another lib group complaining about killing off the NK so fast and ruining the "climate change" theme of GOT that GRRM has referred to.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HtownAg92
AG
cbr said:

Oh for ****s living sake, a bunch of ****birds are protesting because the only 'woman of color' on. Th show was killed in chains.

I will not justify such patheic bs with a link, but good lord, what sickening bs the show has to put up with.

I thought we were bad.
Yeah, give me a break. They had that one man of color be the richest man in Qarth and they.....locked him in a vault.

Wait, they've got an elite fighting force that the queen relies upon....that were former slaves and castrated.

What was I saying?

dcAg
A buddy of mine has a theory that JRRM will release the next book in the series within the next year then the final book within the next year. Not totally JK Rowling style but something to that effect.
Fenrir
Your buddy is a very optimistic person.
bonfarr
AG
Cersei blew up all the gays in the Sept explosion 2 years ago. I wonder how many were disappointed that Brienne turned out to not be a LGBT hero?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
HtownAg92 said:

cbr said:

I thought we were bad.
Yeah, give me a break. They had that one man of color be the richest man in Qarth and they.....locked him in a vault.

Wait, they've got an elite fighting force that the queen relies upon....that were former slaves and castrated.

What was I saying?

I think we should get mad at Arya for blatant cultural appropriation.
Claude!
dcAg said:

A buddy of mine has a theory that JRRM will release the next book in the series within the next year then the final book within the next year. Not totally JK Rowling style but something to that effect.

Jorge R.R. Martinez - he's the non-union Mexican equivalent.
Bryan98
AG
dcAg said:

I kind of wouldn't doubt it at this point. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if George's final act is much better than the show's.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
First Page Last Page
Page 282 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.