****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,615 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I saw 2 flying as well.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
cbr
AG
Mantis Toboggan MD said:

Seven Costanza said:

So what was Bran working on during all that?

He was working on not being helpful.

Ok one more time. He was warging the dead to cover her. Has to be it.
agrams
AG
I was almost expecting jon to get nuked by the dead viserion and live through it unscathed.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I was half expecting the episode to end with a "Sponsored by Sony OLED TV Technology"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What do we say to the God of Death?
Bunk Moreland
Why TF would Dany park her dragon amongst zombies?

Most of the aerial dragon scenes were just bad tbh. A lot of them didn't even result in anything happening other than them checking in on Dany & Jon.

The cut from Hound running to save Arya on a roof to her just in this pretty quiet vacant part of the residence to do a sneaky scene was so odd and felt like they cut the transition sequence to get us there.

The crypts made it seem like tyrion and Sansa were the only 2 left and then they just run toward a section where all the important characters are and they're just fine?

Definitely some odd things but again, to produce that episode on that scale had to have been so difficult and they pulled it off.

No NK fight scene was tough. I love the Arya finisher but don't necessarily like how we got there and not seeing how she was able to get to him undetected
Aggie_2463
AG
What a waste of the entire Dothraki army though
My Dad Earl
AG
I've never been more depressed in my life than when all the Dothraki were slaughtered so easily. I was looking forward to Dothraki badassery before the show was all said and done...
The Dog Lord
AG
aggietony2010 said:

s13fenton said:

How did Arya sprint by all of the White Walkers standing right there?

If the other walkers get their power from the night king, then in that final moment, he and all his power was singularly focused on ending Bran. Similar to Sauron not focused on Frodo and Sam. By the time he realized it, he was undone.

This would be a great explanation. Bran did say he was focused intently on him.
Madmarttigan
AG
2 dragons vs one and no one used flames except the dead one.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
How should we use our 10,000 dothraki?

*gives fire swords*

Dothraki: LEEEEEEROYYYYY JENKINSSSS
chipotle
What genius general sent out the Dothraki cav into the unknown? Jon, I'm looking in your general direction. Soon as that happened I was like, "bye guys. Fight you later".

Very cool scene though.
Aggie_2463
AG
Not to mention you see ghost and your like hell yeah dire wolf time.... and now I guess he's dead?
agrams
AG
the opening charge set a great tone and built some phenomenal tension.
SoTXAg09
AG
Some people obviously don't know how to use cavalry...
Carlo4
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Why TF would Dany park her dragon amongst zombies?

Most of the aerial dragon scenes were just bad tbh. A lot of them didn't even result in anything happening other than them checking in on Dany & Jon.

The cut from Hound running to save Arya on a roof to her just in this pretty quiet vacant part of the residence to do a sneaky scene was so odd and felt like they cut the transition sequence to get us there.

The crypts made it seem like tyrion and Sansa were the only 2 left and then they just run toward a section where all the important characters are and they're just fine?

Definitely some odd things but again, to produce that episode on that scale had to have been so difficult and they pulled it off.

No NK fight scene was tough. I love the Arya finisher but don't necessarily like how we got there and not seeing how she was able to get to him undetected

My take: Dani was emotional the second she saw the Dothraki perish so quickly and messed up the plans. She obviously did what she could but split second decision making nearly lost them everything.

Kinda like Admiral Nagumo and the reloading of bombs/torpedos at Battle of Midway that lost Japan 4 carriers.
The Dog Lord
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Made ZERO sense to charge them. They should've been on the flanks. That said, the sword lighting was badass and so was seeing them go out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Went from "yeah, light em up!" go "Big Gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later" in a hurry.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The dragons above the clouds looked dope as hell and reminded me of Batman '89.
annie88
AG
What happened to Ghost!
oragator
Aggie_2463
AG
agrams said:

the opening charge set a great tone and built some phenomenal tension.

They were slaughtered in 30 seconds, all of them .... yet the unsullied etc could fight for 30 mins against their charge?
TxSquarebody
Aggie_2463 said:

Not to mention you see ghost and your like hell yeah dire wolf time.... and now I guess he's dead?

He's bringing Nimeria's pack to king's landing
My Dad Earl
AG
Bennioff and Weiss said after the show that the Dothraki are at their strongest on a Calvary charge. That's why they did it.
Aggie_2463
AG
Also, good way to see Theon go... defending the starks to his death. I salute you Theon Greyjoy
wangus12
AG
Such an awesome episode, but I just really don't like it being Arya that kills the NK. It always felt like it was Jon v. the NK and in the end Jon was pretty much a non-factor in the episode
annie88
AG

Quote:

Actors and hundreds of crew members who had to endure the Battle of Winterfell's infamous 55 nights of shooting during amid freezing Northern Ireland rain.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
I know a lot of people are basking in the glow. But, this is not going to age well at all.
SoTXAg09
AG
So charge from the flank while engaged. It still makes no sense to lead off with them.
AlaskanAg99
AG
That was just so lame. Start to finish a really dumb episode. Some great visuals but holy crap dumb.

Those 100,000 rotting bodies are going to leave a stench.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Dothraki were going to be nothing but trouble in the long run anyway. Using them as charge fodder was probably the best use.
annie88
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Aggie_2463 said:

He's bringing Nimeria's pack to king's landing
I was hoping for a Nimeria sighting too. Let's hope they both still show again.
Bunk Moreland
wangus12 said:

Such an awesome episode, but I just really don't like it being Arya that kills the NK. It always felt like it was Jon v. the NK and in the end Jon was pretty much a non-factor in the episode

I pretty much assumed this entire season is girl power. I'm fine with it but I just feel like most major moments will be awarded to female characters as there have been so many strong ones on this show over the years.

Also, Melisandre is the baddest of em all.
First Page Last Page
Page 163 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.