*** SILICON VALLEY (Season 4) ***

102,675 Views | 892 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatAg
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Well then. The cat's out of the bag...

I was wondering if it would be him or Other Jared who ended up leaving.
cone
AG
jian yang kills erlich
cone
AG
erlich steps off a stage and dies while demo-ing jian yang's new VR rig at techcrunch
Complete Idiot
Makes no sense to me, he is the funniest character as far as bulk of work and total laughs.

Is he an ass on set? Salary demands? Character makes less sense as the company gains success?

Bizarre.
Bunk Moreland
Judge is the type who would also do a crazy suicide ending that is equally as sad as it is comical in a dark way.
Bunk Moreland
My guess is it's just a career move for him. He does more movie work than the other guys, and he is about to be in one of the biggest movies of 2018 with Ready Player One.

Might just not want to be known as Erlich Bachmann
cone
AG
jian yang makes some random breakthrough that nets a massive valuation

erlich's % makes him set for life

celebratory bong rip

oh no killer mustard gas
Pro Ag
AG
Spoiler tags would have been nice.
WestAustinAg
AG

TCTTS
AG
Makes no sense to me either. I can't imagine this show without him, and I'm pretty sure everyone loves him on set. All I know is that earlier this year Judge & co informed him that they were going to kill off his character. I kind of know one of his friends through another friend, and he when T.J. got the news he called and asked said friend to come over, and they rode around on segways in his neighborhood in a daze as he contemplated the whole thing. Was kind of in shock, apparently. My friend then blurted out the news to me without me asking, I got pissed at him, and then just had to say something to someone... hence my initial post. So depressing all around. He makes this show for me.
TCTTS
AG
This is already all over Twitter / entertainment outlets. We're not going to spoiler-tag public news.
DG-Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

This is already all over Twitter / entertainment outlets. We're not going to spoiler-tag public news.
Maybe so. But I don't do twitter and don't visit a whole lot of entertainment outlets. I doubt I'm the only one.
cone
AG
what if erlich is the lawnmower man
cgh1999
AG
That sucks. He makes the show.
TCTTS
AG
All that said, this past episode was the first indication I'd seen that they were basically running out of story for him. When Dinesh finally joined up with the rest of crew, yet Elrich was still kind of doing his own thing with Jin Yang, but only ancillary, it was pretty obvious. Still feel they could have found something more for him to do, though. Maybe with his budding movie career, scheduling was becoming an issue?
TCTTS
AG
That would actually be kind of genius. His consciousness is uploaded into some groundbreaking program, and his character is basically an assh*le computer from here on out...
WestAustinAg
AG
He's about to blow up a la Chris Platt but without the handsome leading man looks...
cone
AG
he's the dixie flatline
Complete Idiot
Yeah the "we've run out of story for his character" seems kind of silly given this is a fairly madcap show. I can see how ridiculous his character is if they are getting more serious in how they present the tech growth part of the story, but I wouldn't agree with the decision to get more serious if that is what they are doing
cone
AG
i hope "kill off" is just some euphemism for trap him in some corporate hellscape

like the server farm
TCTTS
AG
I wonder if they'll bring in new blood to basically fill that gap, comedically? Like another, similar-type character? Don't get me wrong, Miller is unreplaceable, but surely the have a new angle or character(s) in store.
Rudyjax
AG
Seriously? No ****ing spoiler tag? Wtf is wrong with you???
FL_Ag1998
AG
Pffftt, horrible, horrible decision.

Oh, and I'm talking about killing off the best part of the show, not the assinine assumption that publicy announced news should be spoiler tagged.
Rudyjax
AG
TCTTS said:

Makes no sense to me either. I can't imagine this show without him, and I'm pretty sure everyone loves him on set. All I know is that earlier this year Judge & co informed him that they were going to kill off his character. I kind of know one of his friends through another friend, and he when T.J. got the news he called and asked said friend to come over, and they rode around on segways in his neighborhood in a daze as he contemplated the whole thing. Was kind of in shock, apparently. My friend then blurted out the news to me without me asking, I got pissed at him, and then just had to say something to someone... hence my initial post. So depressing all around. He makes this show for me.

Bull. I doubt i wouldvr seen it.
TCTTS
AG
IT WAS A MASSIVELY PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT.

HBO is the one who literally issued this press release and sent it to every notable entertainment entity in existence. It's legitimately ALL OVER the internet right now. TexAgs doesn't exist in a vacuum.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Why the hell they'e announcing this before the end of the season, I have no idea. And I can assure you, this wasn't T.J.'s call. He was super depressed when he found out.

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Ugh....kill me now.

And thanks (them) for the f-ing spoiler.
TCTTS
AG
Are there really people who come only to TexAgs for their entertainment news? While NOT reading Twitter, Facebook, or literally any other entertainment news source? It's absolutely insane that people are b*tching about this being posted here.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

That would actually be kind of genius. His consciousness is uploaded into some groundbreaking program, and his character is basically an assh*le computer from here on out...

Go read about the Microsoft AI that went off the racist deepend a while back..
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

It's like Red Wedding or Ned Stark of Silicon Valley. Gut punch.

I may not watch again...seriously.....ugh. He is the main reason I tuned in to begin with. Huge fan.
Duncan Idaho
http://fortune.com/2016/03/24/chat-bot-racism/
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Are there really people who come only to TexAgs for their entertainment news? While NOT reading Twitter, Facebook, or literally any other entertainment news source? It's absolutely insane that people are b*tching about this being posted here.

Don't sweat it.

Being on ANY message board about a show and then complaining about PUBLIC news is asinine.

you don't wanna know stuff then why are you here just to say "gee that episode was great or not great"?

NOT HOT DOG!!!!!!
TCTTS
AG
I'll keep watching, but I felt the same. Gut punch is a great way to put it. I was legitimately depressed for a good 24 hours or so (as much as one can be about a TV show character).
k20dub
AG
****. Him and Jared were my favorite characters.
Bunk Moreland
Monica better be wearing this on the day Erlich goes...

?1
Rudyjax
AG
TCTTS said:

IT WAS A MASSIVELY PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT.

HBO is the one who literally issued this press release and sent it to every notable entertainment entity in existence. It's legitimately ALL OVER the internet right now. TexAgs doesn't exist in a vacuum.
I haven't seen it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.