The Lego Batman movie....

7,626 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by YouBet
jock1020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought it was just. okay. Was kind of disappointed given all the buzz it has gotten, didn't deliver in the big way I had hoped. But it wasn't a bad movie.
Cancelled
AG
I don't follow...

And for clarification...ratatouille is one of my favorite movies.
Capstone
AG
Not a bad Sunday matinee flick. I enjoyed it, but had the bar set too high expecting it to rival the original. In that it fell short, but I should have gone in knowing it would.
fig96
AG
queso1 said:

I don't follow...

There's been tons of great animated films the past few years that are nothing like the "animated crap" you apparently don't like, which is why it's obvious you haven't been watching them.

Ratatouille is a great movie, which is to expected when you have Brad Bird directing. But you've apparently missed Kubo, Moana, Zootopia, Inside Out, Peanuts, Finding Dory, Big Hero 6, Book of Life, The Boxtrolls...

Dread Pirate Roberts
Beckdiesel03 said:

My 5 yo is super excited about it and I'm looking forward to taking him as well.
Movies like this one are why I had kids!!!
Cancelled
AG
fig96 said:

queso1 said:

I don't follow...

There's been tons of great animated films the past few years that are nothing like the "animated crap" you apparently don't like, which is why it's obvious you haven't been watching them.

Ratatouille is a great movie, which is to expected when you have Brad Bird directing. But you've apparently missed Kubo, Moana, Zootopia, Inside Out, Peanuts, Finding Dory, Big Hero 6, Book of Life, The Boxtrolls...

I saw Kubo. I recognize it as a good movie, but I didn't like it. I saw Zootopia and didn't like it. Peanuts was enjoyable. I really liked Big Hero Six.
heddleston
AG
My favorite part was when I realized Harvey Dent was Billy Dee Williams
aggiebrad94
AG
I liked it. My 9 year old boy said, "They dealt with too much emotion." It was pretty heavy handed on his isolation illness."
NoahAg
Take it for what it's worth. Had funny parts. Opening "black" scene was great. Too much quick-cut explosion stuff, but that may just be me. My 7 and 10 year olds liked it. Wife liked it. Lots of jokes kids won't get. The references to past Batman films and Prince were hilarious.
Yoda
AG
I felt they missed a great opportunity to have Adam West do a voice cameo. Lots of fun jokes they could have done with it.
NICU Dad
AG
took the boys yesterday morning...agree there were some funny lines, and I liked the throwback references (villains, words that appeared with the punches, etc)

also think it fell short compared to the orig Lego movie. all in all not terrible but not worth a 2nd see in the theater.

Incidentally, I watched Superman v. Batman last night and HATED it...thought Lego Batman was better than Affleck...good grief what a horrible casting decision that was.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Incidentally, I watched Superman v. Batman last night and HATED it...thought Lego Batman was better than Affleck...good grief what a horrible casting decision that was.

Most people thought Batfleck was one of the few bright spots of the BvS movie.

Also, Will Arnett knows how to play Batman. He has taken over the role in the DCAU.
NICU Dad
AG
outside of a preview to the Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies, I'm not sure there were any bright spots in SvB...I personally thought it was all over the place.

I don't know if I didn't like the bulky Batsuit or it was b/c I generally don't like Affleck - likely a bit of both - but I wasn't a fan.

*edit to say I agree with you on Will Arnett re: Batman
rhutton125
AG
Saw last night. Enjoyed quite a bit. It's not as good as the Lego Movie, but Lego Movie is an all-timer for me.

Also, credit where credits due for Zach G and Michael Cera - I'm not a huge fan of either actor, since they always seem to be playing the same character, but they both did great as voices in this movie, and I wouldn't have been able to peg them if I hadn't already known who was the voice.
gougler08
AG
NICU Dad said:

outside of a preview to the Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies, I'm not sure there were any bright spots in SvB...I personally thought it was all over the place.

I don't know if I didn't like the bulky Batsuit or it was b/c I generally don't like Affleck - likely a bit of both - but I wasn't a fan.

*edit to say I agree with you on Will Arnett re: Batman
Batfleck was really the only good part...the rest of that movie was all over the place as you said
SgtBarbarossa
As a huge fan of Batman comics, movies, and shows, this movie was amazing.
amercer
AG
It was more of an hour and a half running batman joke than a movie, but it was still pretty awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
Barbarossa said:

As a huge fan of Batman comics, movies, and shows, this movie was amazing.

loved it
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I caught this last night with a friend and thought it was good. It wasn't lego movie level, but it's unfair to expect every lego movie to match the original because that third act can only be pulled off once.

The friend I saw it with somehow didn't know that Batman being Bruce Wayne was a secret, which was kind of funny.
Tanya 93
That was awesome!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Watched this yesterday on a plane and loved it. I was disappointed with Lego Movie, but thought this was so much better.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Grabbed this on redbox today. Watched it as soon as I came home with my 3 yr old. This movie was great.
jr15aggie
AG
Overall I thought it was a bit too long and the story didn't hold my interest like some other kid flicks... But when the movie was at its best it was awesome!
YouBet
AG
I thought it was ok. The opening black scene was great and got me pumped but then it just went overboard and cartoonish which I realize is an ironically ridiculous thing to say about a Lego movie but I still felt that way.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.