Black Sails Season 4

6,419 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agfan2013
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently few people watch this show despite it being in my opinion one of the best shows on TV right now.

Did anyone catch the Season 4 premier tonight? It's off to a good start for its final season.
chris1515
AG
I love that show. It definitely does not get the credit it deserves. I don't have Starz now, but I will be binge watching this season at some point.

I was just thinking about this series earlier today and how their season finales are some of the best episodes I've ever seen on tv!
bbattbq01
AG
Watch it, but just got rid of cable. Will probably subscribe to starz 1/2 through the season or so to watch.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Seen the first two seasons. It's badass. I would wife Jessica Parker Kennedy tonight.
Joe Exotic
AG
I tried watching the first season but they spent episode after episode jerking off on land instead of on a ship doing pirate things so I tuned out
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's gotten better every season. Season one was slow, but it's turned into great tv.
agfan2013
AG
Don't have starz at the moment either but will do something so I can watch. I don't keep up with many tv shows these days, but this is one of them.
Bunk Moreland
I only watched s1. I'll try to start binging seasons and see what I think
Thunder18
AG
It definitely kept getting better each season, and I am pretty pumped to see how LJS and Flint's conflict comes to a head this season
wangus12
AG
I refuse to watch based on the fact that Anne Bonny is played by an English actress. I find this very offensive and it really just triggers me. I get so upset that I can't watch through my tears. #NotMyBonny

Just kidding. Love the show. Slow start but it came out right after Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag so I was all in.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Great show!
AlaskanAg99
AG
This and Vikings I love. Missed last night but will catch it tonight.
Ag97
AG
I watched the first 2 seasons when I still had Starz. Anybody know if they offer the seasons on Netflix or Amazon?
Belton Ag
AG
Ag97 said:

I watched the first 2 seasons when I still had Starz. Anybody know if they offer the seasons on Netflix or Amazon?
Don't know about Amazon but it isn't on Netflix.

Last season took the show to a whole new level so if you ever get the chance you definitely should watch.
Trident 88
AG
Ag97 said:

Seasons 1-3 are on Amazon.
Prophet00
AG
On Prime, or to buy?

I didn't see it in Prime.
blackgoldag11
AG
Love this show. Season 1 definitely creeps by but totally worth it if you make it through because it gets awesome
Southlake
Great show!!

Didn't realize Toby Smith is Maggie Smiths son.

I have arms like Billy's. Ok, not really but I'd like to...
Trident 88
AG
Prophet00 said:

On Prime, or to buy?

I didn't see it in Prime.

It's on Prime. Pretty sure there's a search function. Try that.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Hannah New makes my pirate pants crowded. Wouldn't mind showing her my cutlass on her poop deck.
Muntic0re
I was waiting for it for so long time
HtownAg92
AG
I love Black Sails and this was a good start to the final season. I am going to have to retrain my ears to translate the mumbling cockney pirate speak. I get too distracted with subtitles, but it may be necessary. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out, given that the plot is loosely based on Treasure Island.

Belton Ag
AG
Bump.

After last night I'm not sure where they're going to go with Billy Bones and Captain Flint but it seems that their alliance is done for.

John Silver will have a new and powerful ally with Israel Hands.
Capstone
AG
I thought they might stay historically accurate with Teach, so I was half expecting some miracle/twist to take place with his character.
Thunder18
AG
Yea I was disappointed in that end, but pretty cool that they showed how badly keelhauling would mess someone up!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I'm thinking back over 30 something episodes, but that was the most brutal thing in the entire series, right?
Trident 88
AG
Absolutely the most brutal.

Comparable to Jarl Borg being "blood eagled" on Vikings.
Thunder18
AG
LJS peg stomping Mr. Dufresne's head was nasty as hell
Belton Ag
AG
Hoping that Anne Bonny somehow made it. She's one of my favorite characters on the show.
Thunder18
AG
I think she will survive
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Capstone said:

I thought they might stay historically accurate with Teach, so I was half expecting some miracle/twist to take place with his character.

Other than the keelhauling part, the fight that took place leading up to it seemed in line with a lot of what I've read about his capture/death. What else was inaccurate?
Capstone
AG
For one, he was killed in a battle off the coast of North Carolina (Okracoke Island maybe). And the captain was Maynard - don't recall his first name. It didn't occur in the Caribbean/Bahamas and definitely wasn't by a political official in charge of Nassau. I'm sure Google can fill in the details.

I know we're watching a show mixing fact with fiction, but was a little surprised that the writers deviated that much, given the manner/location of his death is fairly well known. Not really a big deal to me, just a bit of a wth moment. How they portrayed it was pretty cool, though.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Ok - I misunderstood the other post. I was only thinking of the fight (surprise attack from below deck, cornered by crew, etc) and cause of death (gunshot). Yes, the location and people involved were very different. I've just accepted that part of the show and generally disregard those inaccuracies. And I agree - how they did it was pretty cool.
Centerpole90
AG
Well. Didn't see that coming.

I'm going to miss Black Sails. This is my #1 series right now, by far.
Thunder18
AG
No joke, pretty unexpected turn of events there
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.