"Split" connection with another film -- unavoidable spoiler thread [Ed. by Staff]

6,635 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Anchor
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

queso1 said:

Three things:

1. Good thought. But, wouldn't he be too old? I thought at the time it was because he tossed his momma's ass in front of a train. But I like your theory.

2. I don't think another movie is necessary. I think it's fine to leave it alone.

3. Damn they teased us the whole movie with titties and we never saw even one.
Actually he did a good job not making that part a useless piece filler. It was purposeful and had meaning and I did appreciate that about them. Using Dennis's OCD for cleanliness to push the fact that she tried really hard to hide her body was pretty genius.

What? Who tried to hide who's body?

And yes this thread title pretty much ruined the ending
Sex Panther
AG
Any chance McAvoy gets an Oscar nom? I doubt it, but the guy was undeniably fantastic.

Still hate you OP
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would be awesome, but doubtful. Around this time last year I was hoping for one for John Goodman in Cloverfield Lane, but unfortunately January movies are practically non-existant by awards season the next year.
aTmAg
AG
I saw the movie today. I didn't see this thread so I wasn't spoiled. It was pretty cool twist. I realized it as soon as the unbreakable music started playing near the end. I never jumped on the M Night hate bandwagon, but I never saw Lady of the Lake, Airbender or any of those.

Also I never heard of that McAvoy guy before, but he was damn good. Pretty much everybody was.

And OP deserves hate. Why won't staff change the title?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This is like starting a thread titled "he's dead the whole time in sixth sense?" You suck OP.
TajMaballer
AG
McAvoy is great! He is a great Professor X and he was really good in Wanted.
AggieLitigator
Now I don't want to see the movie. I feel like i already have thanks to the title. OP sucks
Tobias Funke
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Now I don't want to see the movie. I feel like i already have thanks to the title. OP sucks

It doesn't spoil the movie at all. Just a fun nod at the end that paints the movie in a different light but doesn't impact the story at all
TajMaballer
AG
I hate to be that guy, but can Staff please edit to just say Split Official thread. Even mentioning a connection to Unbreakable gives away what is an awesome reveal.
TajMaballer
AG
M. Night has mentioned that he is working on the script of the final chapter with Dunn taking on the Hoard. So it's more than a fun nod.
Sex Panther
AG
Tobias Funke said:

AggieLitigator said:

It doesn't spoil the movie at all. Just a fun nod at the end that paints the movie in a different light but doesn't impact the story at all

It was pretty significant... That would've been an awesome reveal at the end had I not had a clue. I don't think the OP meant any harm, but it still sucked having that ruined.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Tobias Funke said:

AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

queso1 said:

Three things:

1. Good thought. But, wouldn't he be too old? I thought at the time it was because he tossed his momma's ass in front of a train. But I like your theory.

2. I don't think another movie is necessary. I think it's fine to leave it alone.

3. Damn they teased us the whole movie with titties and we never saw even one.
Actually he did a good job not making that part a useless piece filler. It was purposeful and had meaning and I did appreciate that about them. Using Dennis's OCD for cleanliness to push the fact that she tried really hard to hide her body was pretty genius.

What? Who tried to hide who's body?

And yes this thread title pretty much ruined the ending
Casey wore extra clothing to hide her body. And Dennis was wanting the girls to always be removing an article of clothing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice, staff.
Mucho austin
AG
Just saw it. Thought it was really good. One of the better Shamalamadingdong movies.

I can appreciate the tie-in to Unbreakable, but I think it is a good enough movie on its own to be just a thriller/monster movie.
The Anchor
AG
Just finished watching this. I thought it was a great movie. I'm glad I didn't see the original title to this thread.
John 14:6
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.