"Split" connection with another film -- unavoidable spoiler thread [Ed. by Staff]

6,606 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Anchor
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, I'm now more intrigued in this film.
redline248
AG
Maybe they have to team up to help finish off the aliens.
SbisaVictim95
AG
probably in some Pilgrim theme park... M. Night ain't getting my M. Dollars.
COOL LASER FALCON
uuuuunbreakable
They alive dammit
It's a miaracle!
aTmLoKi
AG
redline248 said:

Ghost aliens, you mean, that have been summoned by the environment after a fairy tale seance from a bunch of people in an apartment complex...all while a group of villagers look on from a zoo exhibit.
Duncan Idaho
israeliag said:

Well, I'm now more less intrigued in this film.

Fify
Mort Rainey
Wasn't Unbreakable supposed to be the first in a three part series? Damn shame it was never finished. Very underrated movie, back in the days before an evil spirit stole all of M.Night's film making abilities
Gigem314
AG
redline248 said:

They send Bruce Willis's character back in time, since he's the only one strong enough to survive the trip, and convince a younger version of McAvoy's character (and all of his split personalities) to save the world.
Sex Panther
AG
ITS NOT REALLY THEIR GRANDPARENTS
RadAg14
AG
agmag90
I saw split and enjoyed it much more than I was expecting.

I wish there was more closure with Casey's past abuse by her uncle. That is such a serious and disturbing event to reference throughout the movie to just leave un-resolved. Although I may have missed an obvious point of closure. The main thing I remember (other than the Bruce Willis ending) is how the cop says to Casey "your Uncle is on his way to pick you up." That made me a little uncomfortable. So much of the story revolves around her past abuse by her Uncle yet we never see what happens to him or Casey after she escapes.
agmag90
agmag90
sorry for the multiple posts. idk how to internet
RadAg14
AG
agmag90 said:

Same feeling here unless it's supposed to suggest she shifted from one situation to another.
TajMaballer
AG
I feel like this thread should edit the title. Gives away the fun surprise at the end.

I still really enjoyed the movie, but Insaw this thread title a couple days ago and took away from the surprise.
Minnesota_Fats
Saw it last night.. same thought
agmag90
TajMaballer said:

I feel like this thread should edit the title. Gives away the fun surprise at the end.

I still really enjoyed the movie, but Insaw this thread title a couple days ago and took away from the surprise.
I agree the title of this thread is kind of a spoiler.
YouBet
AG
I loved Unbreakable.
nashvilleaggie11
Ya, the movie was just OK to me. I feel bad that I didn't enjoy it more because Betty Buckley was my vocal coach for a while (she plays Dr. Fletcher). I haven't seen Unbreakable, maybe that would have helped.
Cancelled
AG
I really like unbreakable. This one was good..about 20 minutes too long. I wish OP hadn't ruined it.

I think this came out too late; I'd say 90% of the theater had any idea what the end meant.
MrPlow2010
AG
Yea the title of this thread sucks. I wish I would have never of seen it before I saw the movie.

Other than that I enjoyed the movie though. David Dunn vs the Horde movie would be really fun.
MrPlow2010
AG
Another thought. I think Kevin said his dad went on a train and never came back. Could the train wreck from Unbreakable be the one that killed him? He took those flowers to the train before becoming the beast.

Cancelled
AG
Three things:

1. Good thought. But, wouldn't he be too old? I thought at the time it was because he tossed his momma's ass in front of a train. But I like your theory.

2. I don't think another movie is necessary. I think it's fine to leave it alone.

3. Damn they teased us the whole movie with titties and we never saw even one.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Damn they teased us the whole movie with titties and we never saw even one.

Way less interested in seeing this, now

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
queso1 said:

Three things:

1. Good thought. But, wouldn't he be too old? I thought at the time it was because he tossed his momma's ass in front of a train. But I like your theory.

2. I don't think another movie is necessary. I think it's fine to leave it alone.

3. Damn they teased us the whole movie with titties and we never saw even one.
Actually he did a good job not making that part a useless piece filler. It was purposeful and had meaning and I did appreciate that about them. Using Dennis's OCD for cleanliness to push the fact that she tried really hard to hide her body was pretty genius.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Couple of scattered thougths:

1. McAvoy gave the performance of his career.
2. I agree that the uncle abuse was left completely unresolved, which kind of annoyed me. Not sure why they didn't give us any closure.
3. I think Shyamalan is back and has officially redeemed himself.
4. I wish I hadn't seen this thread before the movie.
Rex Racer
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Ya, the movie was just OK to me. I feel bad that I didn't enjoy it more because Betty Buckley was my vocal coach for a while (she plays Dr. Fletcher). I haven't seen Unbreakable, maybe that would have helped.
She was great on "Eight is Enough". :-)

As for the ending: My wife and I were both hoping to get the payoff of seeing her uncle being handcuffed, but it didn't ruin it for us. The officer told her that her uncle was there to pick her up and asked "Are you ready to go home?" She didn't answer right away. I took that to mean that what she had just been through was giving her the strength to say, "No." At least I hope that was the case.
Saxsoon
AG
I don't mind spoilers AT ALL but even I thought WTF at the title of this thread
mhayden
There was closure with the uncle -- the look the girl was giving to the female police officer lingered long enough to imply that she understood something was going on with the uncle.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I saw this last night, I thought it was a pretty solid movie. Never saw unbreakable, gotta go pick that one up.
Petrino1
I have a question about the lead girl's scars all over her body. Were those self inflicted, ie she's a cutter? Or were those from years of abuse by her uncle?
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I assumed they were from abuse of her uncle.
mhayden
I thought it was pretty plainly meant to show based on location and type of scars she was a cutter due to her emotional state. While there was terrible sexual abuse going on (or had been going on) from her uncle, there was no indication ever given that there was physical abuse -- and certainly not in a meticulous manner like her scars displayed.
Sex Panther
AG
I hate you OP
20ag07
Why has this thread not been nuked by staff? Didn't read the thread before the movie. Just a aw the title and didn't think anything about it, until about halfway through the movie, it clicked, and I was pissssssssed.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.