Albums or cd's with no bad songs

18,175 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Redstone
The Chicken Ranch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Al Bula
AG
I can listen to Lateralus and Aenima over and over and over.
rhutton125
AG
Dylan, Blood on the Tracks

Tom Waits, Closing Time
'03ag

Frankly, I thought Semi-Charmed was the worst song on the album, and it was ok.
Philo B 93
Many great albums listed. I explored this list all weekend. One quick observation: Weezer's first album is great, but it might as well be one song. They could have recorded the entire album live in one take.

I had some mix tapes in the 80s and 90s that I listened to 100s of times with no fast-forwarding. Today the process to make a mix is "Drag, Drop, Sync". Back in the day making a mix tape meant playing a variety of ENTIRE songs on a tape recorded usually on a dual cassette recorder from the original or someone else's mix tape. Before the cutting edge technology of the dual cassette recorder, you had to wait by the radio for the song to come on, and record straight from the radio. When you put that kind of effort into making a mix tape, you don't record anything that you're going to skip. I was an expert at fast forwarding other tapes for the exact right amount of time to skip songs, but every now and then I'd have to hear the end of a crappy song or miss the beginning of a good song.

So here's my answer to the original topic:

Blue Mix Tape
Mix Tape Starting with Electric Avenue
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix
Rock Mix (Aerosmith, Kix, Tesla)
VanZandt92
Philo B 93 said:

Many great albums listed. I explored this list all weekend. One quick observation: Weezer's first album is great, but it might as well be one song. They could have recorded the entire album live in one take.

I had some mix tapes in the 80s and 90s that I listened to 100s of times with no fast-forwarding. Today the process to make a mix is "Drag, Drop, Sync". Back in the day making a mix tape meant playing a variety of ENTIRE songs on a tape recorded usually on a dual cassette recorder from the original or someone else's mix tape. Before the cutting edge technology of the dual cassette recorder, you had to wait by the radio for the song to come on, and record straight from the radio. When you put that kind of effort into making a mix tape, you don't record anything that you're going to skip. I was an expert at fast forwarding other tapes for the exact right amount of time to skip songs, but every now and then I'd have to hear the end of a crappy song or miss the beginning of a good song.

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

Ehhh ...what?
Philo B 93
VanZandt92 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

Ehhh ...what?
Yeah, that was too wordy. I felt like talking about mix tapes.

Send me your physical address, I'll mail you a copy of a mix tape.
Ghost91
Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

Just so I'm clear - your answer to the OP's question of best album with no bad songs on it was to list some of your own personal mix tapes? Do I have that right?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Philo B 93 said:

VanZandt92 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

Ehhh ...what?
Yeah, that was too wordy. I felt like talking about mix tapes.

I'll give you my address as long as you promise to mail me a Sony Walkman to go along with the mixtape.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Waiting for Columbus
MW03
AG
Lots of great stuff on here. I love seeing Neutral Milk Hotel on this list.

Some other ones I'd add:

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Radiohead - OK Computer
The National - Boxer
Kendrick Lamar - gkmc
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
Burial - Untrue
The Lumineers - s/t
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
LCD Soundsystem - s/t
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Mucho austin
AG
'03ag said:

i feel the same way, but you must post the original cover art for your post to count:

BBQ Bevo
AG
The Cure - Disintegration
The Sundays - reading, writing and arithmetic
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, Violator, Songs of Faith & Devotion
U2 - Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree

plenty more

wesag
AG
List some of the fast songs mix.
Philo B 93
Ghost91 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

Just so I'm clear - your answer to the OP's question of best album with no bad songs on it was to list some of your own personal mix tapes? Do I have that right?
Yes, that was my original thought. I got derailed somewhere along the way. I'm not very good with, like....... words and stuff.

I should have said "Mix Tape".
citizenkane06
AG
A couple of Clapton-included offerings:

"Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" by Derek and the Dominos

"Disraeli Gears" by Cream
citizenkane06
AG
I haven't seen much Stones posted, but "Beggars Banquet", "Let It Bleed", and "Sticky Fingers" are three of the best albums ever, and "Exile on Main Street" is my favorite album of all time.
Rocagnante
AG
Philo B 93 said:

That's not creepy.
Ag MD 84
AG
Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Tres Hombres, Machine Head, Never Mind the Bollocks
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Philo B 93 said:

Ghost91 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

Yes, that was my original thought. I got derailed somewhere along the way. I'm not very good with, like....... words and stuff.

Geriatric Punk
AG
Love seeing the Refreshments on page Juan. Love that album (and its really well recorded. I use it for testing new systems).

In no order:
NOFX - Wolves in Wolves
Refreshments - Big and Buzzy
Floyd - Wall and Dark Side
Sublime - 40 oz
Neutral Milk - aeroplane
Beastie Boys - Paul's
Supertramp - Crime of the Century
Offspring - Smash
Rancid - Out Come
Face to Face - Self titled
Metallica - Black
System of a Down - Toxicity
Rage - Self
Foo Fighters - Colour

Man, I'm getting old.
NukeAg10
AG
Mucho austin said:

'03ag said:

i feel the same way, but you must post the original cover art for your post to count:

Great choice, and do agree that semi charmed life is as close to a skip as there is on it.
Jasomania
AG
So much classic rock, I guess nothing shows the average age of the Texags users like a music thread.

• Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
  • The Thermals - The Body, The Blood, The Machine
  • El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
  • Haim - Days are Gone
  • Against Me! - White Crosses

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
St_Jason said:

So much classic rock, I guess nothing shows the average age of the Texags users like a music thread.

• Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
  • The Thermals - The Body, The Blood, The Machine
  • El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
  • Haim - Days are Gone
  • Against Me! - White Crosses

Or some people just like classic rock.....I was actually surprised at the number of 90s music that made the semifinals and thought that was indicative of a younger crowd (Weezer are you kidding me?)....anyway.

My son voted in this...he's 21 and a classic rock fan. He really impressed his History or Rock Music teacher both in HS and College he knew nearly as much about Rock history as they did.....actually he retook the online class/test like 4/5 times for his friends (for money) cuz it was such an easy A for him. He could take the tests with no prep and nail them, or write a paper in an hour.

Anyway with no prodding from me at all......other than the rock education I had installed in him since birth....he voted for the four finalists.

Led Zeppelin
Boston
Guns 'n Roses
Pearl Jam - that was a tough one for him though...he considered others for the 4th spot.

There are a number of young people who got into classic rock at a young age and never gravitated to more recent music.

I immediately thought of this one when I opened this thread. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Linkin Park Hybrid Theory
Ghost91
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Philo B 93 said:

Ghost91 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

EXACTLY!! Somehow, his reply made it even worse. I think the point sailed right over his head.

However, I would like to say that all of the Playlists that I have created on my iphone music app are TOP NOTCH - there isn't a single crappy filler song in any of them! It's unbelievable!!
Btron
AG

Just spit ballin here...
Texaggie7nine
So far I haven't seen these mentioned.

Tupac - All Eyes on Me
Garbage - Garbage
7nine
Professor Frick
AG
Wait, why did you just post an album and then describe it twice?
Texaggie7nine
7nine
Professor Frick
AR_Ag95
AG
Blanco Ag said:

This!
LegettHall
Back in Black has nothing but very good song on it.

Van Halen's debut has Ice Cream man, which is the only bad song on it. It's one of the best debut ever.

Boston by Boston, their debut. Not a bad song on it.

The Poor's debut, Who Cares? Aussie band.

Rhino Bucket's debut. Grossly underrated band.
VanZandt92

"Ramble Tamble"
7:09
"Before You Accuse Me"
Ellas McDaniel
"Travelin' Band"

"Ooby Dooby"
"Lookin' Out My Back Door"

"Run Through the Jungle"

Side two

"Up Around the Bend"

"My Baby Left Me"

"Who'll Stop the Rain"

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
Norman Whitfield, Barrett Strong

"Long as I Can See the Light"
Philo B 93
Ghost91 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Philo B 93 said:

Ghost91 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Blue Mix Tape
Cheap Trick / UB40 Mix
Fast Songs Mix

EXACTLY!! Somehow, his reply made it even worse. I think the point sailed right over his head.

However, I would like to say that all of the Playlists that I have created on my iphone music app are TOP NOTCH - there isn't a single crappy filler song in any of them! It's unbelievable!!
I think you can get a temporary ban for criticizing the way someone agrees with you. Don't Be A Goofball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.