Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,437 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HvilleAggie said:

Specific spoilers include, in no specific order:
1) white walkers owning a dragon
2) dany rescuing the ranging party
3) Jon and dany making serious strides towards falling in L-O-V-E
4) uncle benjen saving the day for Jon a la Bronn for Jamie
5) arya and Sansa squabbling

You seriously cannot be mad about #4. The spoiler there was the preview for the episode. We all knew the raiding party left without a horse, and then the hunched over body comes back riding on one.

I can understand being mad about some of the others, but not that one.
Bregxit
AG
Since this has turned into beetchfest...can the posters who keep referring to Littlefinger's dagger as "the catspaw" just stop? It is a dagger. The bastage who tried to kill Bran and Cat with it is "the catspaw". A catspaw is a person being used by another person.
trm94
AG
I don't know any spoilers, but anyone with a brain could have figured out that Dany had to save the party - she's the only one not in the North in the preview, and it looks like she is arguing with her advisor again from the expressions. Also, logistically, they aren't getting back to the Wall running all the way ...

I had ZERO idea about a dragon going down to the NK, or even Benjen saving John. Both were a huge surprise to me. Makes sense, because the dragons would torch the entire dead army in short order. Now the NK has a counter.

I thought Jorah was going down this episode, and Baeric since he is the one monologuing - was wrong on both counts

Oh, and John is totally doing Dany next episode. Hope we get to see her naked again
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
trm94 said:

I don't know any spoilers, but anyone with a brain could have figured out that Dany had to save the party - she's the only one not in the North in the preview, and it looks like she is arguing with her advisor again from the expressions. Also, logistically, they aren't getting back to the Wall running all the way ...

I had ZERO idea about a dragon going down to the NK, or even Benjen saving John. Both were a huge surprise to me. Makes sense, because the dragons would torch the entire dead army in short order. Now the NK has a counter.

I thought Jorah was going down this episode, and Baeric since he is the one monologuing - was wrong on both counts

Oh, and John is totally doing Dany next episode. Hope we get to see her naked again

Pretty sure it's a body double last few seasons
Joseph Parrish
AG

Quote:

Surprised his dick didn't freeze off.
Brahma
So has anyone mentioned this? I totally missed it when I was watching. Looks like Bran doing a little warging action to me.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
SeaAg15 said:

So has anyone mentioned this? I totally missed it when I was watching. Looks like Bran doing a little warging action to me.

bran can warg into swords now? what?
TCTTS
AG
HvilleAggie said:

dlance said:

HvilleAggie said:

I avoided this thread the entire last week (over1,000 missed posts), and yet why was I NOT surprised when certain HOLY **** moments happened this episode??

Probably because a couple of ****** bags decided to "enlighten" us with their "theories" that were clearly spoilers from the leaked scripts. Congratulations you dillweeds, you got me good. I'm not going to take the energy to search who exactly said what, but the fact that this is the only GoT resource I peruse outside of The Ringer (who makes a point to not spoil a ******* thing mind you) and yet I still wasn't surprised by this game-changer of an episode says all you need to know about this thread.

Nothing is safe.
So you are going to beetch and moan and not specify who you are beetching and moaning about? You cannot even recall a specific "spoiler"?

Solid post though maybe a bit too much drama sauce.

Touch. I was definitely speaking from a place of emotion.

Specific spoilers include, in no specific order:
1) white walkers owning a dragon
2) dany rescuing the ranging party
3) Jon and dany making serious strides towards falling in L-O-V-E
4) uncle benjen saving the day for Jon a la Bronn for Jamie
5) arya and Sansa squabbling

Some readers of this thread will call me naive for not seeing these plot development sooner. I suspect many will agree that reading it before seeing it cheapens the thrill.

I used to count on this space for discussion about what had happened in the show and what it could mean. I feel a bit cheated by a few that decided glory was tantamount to honor, and it sucks that it happened among Aggies.

Hell, I'll probably get flamed for calling out Aggies. Whatever, those guilty know what they did and live with it. I speak for the passive minority that are annoyed with the actions of **********s yet try to enjoy the show with fellow Aggies despite the selfish actions of a few.

Here's to a season finale that won't disappoint (anyone)!!!

Ha, dude, IT'S A TV SHOW. Sure, what some of these posters are doing is lame and annoying, but your rhetoric makes it sound as if they committed literal treason or something.
TCTTS
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

SeaAg15 said:

bran can warg into swords now? what?

Yeah, I'm not getting it either.
OnlyForNow
AG
BowSowy said:

AggieSouth06 said:

So now I can say it...

Every single one of you that "theorized" that there would be a wight dragon read the Reddit spoilers, tried to pass them off as legitimate theories, and cheapened the impact of the moment for people.

I feel like a dragon dying and being resurrected was pretty easy to tell from the foreshadowing this season (although that might be due to hindsight). It's the predictions that nailed events we've already seen or are going to nail events next week that make it more clear.

I'll just come out and agree with the original OP. I get that a few good guesses work but 1 person said a dragon was gonna get speared and die, another said he'd die mid flight and land in water/pond.

Both of those A-Holes obviously read the Reddit spoilers or the leaked scripts. However the rest of us that did can't call them out because it would give stuff away. All we can do is flag the post and email staff whic takes 24-48 hours to respond.
FL_Ag1998
AG
If it turns out that Sansa and Arya are involved together in some sort of double cross plot and end up taking down Little finger, that'll be completely out of left field because these lazy writers have given no indication that they are working together and every indication that they aren't.

But I won't be surprised if that's what happens either, because it's obvious the writers are reading the internet comments by viewers and adjusting the script accordingly. And before any smartass thanks I'm suggesting they read texags, I'm saying that the majority of non-TA show watchers I know are also complaining about these same points.
OnlyForNow
AG
Also, regarding the mountain in the scene with the mag. 7 and the CotF; it's the exact same shot, just mirror images, all of the foreground is set/CGI. Look at the striations in the rock and they match perfectly.
Cromagnum
AG
Urban Ag said:

Cromagnum said:

Folks had this idea pegged a long time ago.

Yes, cause they read the f'ing Reddit spoilers. Come on people, this thread has been littered by this sh** since the spoilers were posted months ago.

That fake poster was made summer of 2016.
Robert C. Christian
AG
SeaAg15 said:

Can't tell if it's that or the hilt getting splashed.
Tanya 93
So it's normal to get upset over a dragon right?
BallerStaf2003
AG
dlance said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Just realized Tyrion was begging Daenerys not to go and take the dragons.

When was the last time Tyrion was right about something? He's become totally worthless.
How was he wrong? She lost 1/3 of her nuclear arsenal to the bad guys because she went. Instead of 3 v 0 it is now 2 v 1. That is a serious strategic swing.

Well, he didn't even know about that even being a possibility. So let's not give him credit there.

If she didn't, she would have lost Jon and he entire north would go to littlefinger. She definitely had to go.
RockInspector
If you truly want to ***** about something, how about *****ing about the tons and tons of huge chains that damn near the entire army of the dead used to pull the dead dragon out of the icy water.

Don't think they just happened upon that now do you...and they damn sure weren't carrying it with them.
RockInspector
And I'm not *****ing about it...just trying to give the naysayers something worthy of complaining about.
cone
AG
it's just dumb, beautiful spectacle now

it's transformers for the smart set
RockInspector
And my bad...I did not read all the way through the most recent *****ing...the chains were already brought up...carry on.
agrams
AG
While that one little clip may leave some ambiguity if it is intentional or a mere graphical anomaly, watch the sword as he climbs out of the water. They seem very intent on having the hilt facing the camera so you can see both eyes look at you. I did see it I the leak and felt on the fence about it, but after watching it live in HD, it seems obviously focused on the sword showing the eyes darker/open.
Trident 88
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

If it turns out that Sansa and Arya are involved together in some sort of double cross plot and end up taking down Little finger, that'll be completely out of left field because these lazy writers have given no indication that they are working together and every indication that they aren't.

But I won't be surprised if that's what happens either, because it's obvious the writers are reading the internet comments by viewers and adjusting the script accordingly. And before any smartass thanks I'm suggesting they read texags, I'm saying that the majority of non-TA show watchers I know are also complaining about these same points.
Littlefinger might end up getting double-crossed, but I don't think Sansa and Arya are planning it together.

Sansa was caught by Arya while searching her room, and Arya explained her face-changing abilities to her.
Arya was pretty damn menacing, and Sansa was pretty freaked out by it.
If they were just putting on a show because they suspected that LF might be listening in, there's no way that they would want LF to know about Arya's training as a Faceless Man.

I think it's possible that Arya is playing Littlefinger and keeping Sansa in the dark because she has learned to not trust anyone.
Javelina
AG
Watched a YouTube video this morning speculating about it. I think it's a plot device to slow the timeline on the march to the wall. The army of the dead had stop to allow a group to return to Hardhome to retrieve the chains and bring them back. Not to mention find the dragon, rig it up, and pull it to the surface.

That gives time for everyone to get down to King's Landing, including Brienne and Pod, who can be seen in the episode 7 trailer with Dany's entourage.
Carl Underguard
AG
Come on, now. Y'all give the writers way too much credit.
Javelina
AG
I have to do something to make it work out in my mind. I'm not even going to try to explain away the SR-71 Ravens at Eastwatch.
Trident 88
AG
Some of you are already aware of my brother's blog, which summarizes each episode without spoilers.

Game of Thrones Scorecards

I'm only posting it here because he made a pretty astute observation comparing the rock-throwing Hound to how Pippen unintentionally (and stupidly) alerted the orcs to his group's presence in Moria.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just a side note: I could totally watch a Hound and Tormund spin-off show.
wangus12
AG
Urban Ag said:

wangus12 said:

Team WW in the Dragon Pit.

Why the f*** does Jon keep showing up in the south looking like he's going to spend the day ice fishing in Minnesota in January? Meanwhile, southerners like Tyrion and Pod are dressed normally. Jon is a northman, he should be sweating his balls off and sporting a tank top.
He's DAKINGINDANORF!!!!!!!!
Goldie Wilson
Maybe I'm just looking for any redeeming aspects of the Winterfell scenes, but was Arya telling Sansa to kill LF and bring his face to Arya? Arya and Sansa both know that LF is plotting, but Sansa needs LF around for the Knights (and I think Arya now realizes this or at least accepts it). Well how do you keep him and the Knights around but keep him from plotting? You can't just send him away or straight up kill him without losing the Vale. So you kill him and wear his face, and nobody suspects a thing.
wangus12
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

trm94 said:

Pretty sure it's a body double last few seasons
No she reneged on the contract. The scene of her killing the Khals in the hut last season was all her. She said she didn't want to do nudity just for the sake of it, but would do it if it made sense to the actual plot, like walking out of the flames.

If they hook up and there is nudity involved, it will be her.
M.C. Swag
AG
Please stop posting if you have nothing of substance to say.
Lily09
AG
I showed my husband this. He thinks that the eyes are hollowed out across so the "opening" of the eyes is just his hand hitting the ice and changing the color through the eye hole.

I like the thinking that it's something else.
titanmaster_race
RockInspector said:

If you truly want to ***** about something, how about *****ing about the tons and tons of huge chains that damn near the entire army of the dead used to pull the dead dragon out of the icy water.

Don't think they just happened upon that now do you...and they damn sure weren't carrying it with them.

Ice chains.
titanmaster_race
Lily09 said:

I showed my husband this. He thinks that the eyes are hollowed out across so the "opening" of the eyes is just his hand hitting the ice and changing the color through the eye hole.

I like the thinking that it's something else.

People on reddit are claiming a similar thing happened at Hardhome (I think it was Hardhome...). The consensus is there's a gemstone in the eyes that's reflecting what happens around it. Nothing magical.
Thunder18
AG
To me it looks like it's just the glare on the eye stones from the angle of the initial shot. His hilt has looked like that from the time Jeor gave him the sword. I think this is being way overblown...jmo
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.