Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,546 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Just realized Tyrion was begging Daenerys not to go and take the dragons.

When was the last time Tyrion was right about something? He's become totally worthless.
How was he wrong? She lost 1/3 of her nuclear arsenal to the bad guys because she went. Instead of 3 v 0 it is now 2 v 1. That is a serious strategic swing.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Who did the undead bear kill?
PatAg
AG
still bummed out about that nose dive. That and summer are pretty sad, still don't think Summer got enough recognition since it was immediately outdone by Hodor.
PatAg
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

some randoms, and then ultimately Thoros.
Bregxit
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

An extra.
BigTimeAlum
AG
The Arya Sansa story is beyond bad. They need a massive turn of play on LF to make this work.

They continue to make Dumb decisions on the timelines. You want Jaime to live and deliver a message to Cerci? Let him get captured and released. Same ****ing result without the suspension of belief. You want Dany to save the day? Let her decide she's done letting others do her work. She's a dragon. She can have that conversation with Tyrion and fly up there without magic ravens......
easttexasaggie04
AG
I was under the impression that whole group was major players. I guess I was wrong.
Ogre09
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

If the NK can control everything else without talking, why would he need to actually ride the dragon?

Vantage point? Speed of motion? Badassery?
Ogre09
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I was under the impression that whole group was major players. I guess I was wrong.

Seven heroes. Five red shirts.
easttexasaggie04
AG
This plot devise of proof to Cersei that white walkers exists still confuses me. Since when do they care about what she thinks? Do they need her help? It just sounded like rushed, bad idea from the beginning.
Ogre09
AG
dlance said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Just realized Tyrion was begging Daenerys not to go and take the dragons.

When was the last time Tyrion was right about something? He's become totally worthless.
How was he wrong? She lost 1/3 of her nuclear arsenal to the bad guys because she went. Instead of 3 v 0 it is now 2 v 1. That is a serious strategic swing.

But if their drag a walker to KL play works out (which I still question the whole premise of and everyone blindly agreeing to it), then ending the war for the throne and flipping the Lannisters to Team Living may be an even bigger swing.
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Team WW in the Dragon Pit.

Why the f*** does Jon keep showing up in the south looking like he's going to spend the day ice fishing in Minnesota in January? Meanwhile, southerners like Tyrion and Pod are dressed normally. Jon is a northman, he should be sweating his balls off and sporting a tank top.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Oh and wtf with the chains??? I mean have the f'n night king walk to the edge of the lake and raise the dragon out of the water like Drogon sitting on the hill. Better visual and without stupid 10 ton chains.

Who is writing this *****
Ogre09
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

This plot devise of proof to Cersei that white walkers exists still confuses me. Since when do they care about what she thinks? Do they need her help? It just sounded like rushed, bad idea from the beginning.

They want to put the war with her on pause so they can go fight the ice zombies, and potentially enlist her help. I guess if they just ignore her and go fight the ice zombies without negotiating a ceasefire, then that opens them up to an attack from Cersei? Throw in the incredibly low odds of success (capturing the zombie, dragging it back to KL, getting an audience with Cersei, not lured into a trap when negotiating, convincing Cersei to join your side or at least pause hostilities, and not get double crossed by Cersei), and I'm still shocked the idea wasn't even debated, just everyone jumped right in.
Urban Ag
AG
Cromagnum said:

Folks had this idea pegged a long time ago.

Yes, cause they read the f'ing Reddit spoilers. Come on people, this thread has been littered by this sh** since the spoilers were posted months ago.
Ogre09
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Oh and wtf with the chains??? I mean have the f'n night king walk to the edge of the lake and raise the dragon out of the water like Drogon sitting on the hill. Better visual and without stupid 10 ton chains.

Who is writing this *****

The plotline has been pretty ****tastic and predictable. The dialog is great though!
BigTimeAlum
AG
There is no explaining this strategy. It's ridiculous if you knew nothing of Cerci. If you know her, it's just plane crazy.
claym711
AG
Because it was the perfect (corniest) plot device to give the WWs a dragon, get Cersie out of an inevitable defeat, get Jon and Dany on the same team, etc etc. The writers really could think of nothing better...
Ogre09
AG
claym711 said:

Because it was the perfect (corniest) plot device to give the WWs a dragon, get Cersie out of an inevitable defeat, get Jon and Dany on the same team, etc etc. The writers really could think of nothing better...

1. WW and dragons had to square off eventually. They could have waited.

2. I think the Tyrion being an inept and conflicted advisor was a better angle for the Lannister v Dany showdown. They also could have easily killed a dragon with the ballista to level the field some. Or there's the whole "how crazy will Cersei get the more she's pushed into a corner" aspect to explore

3. Jon and Dany same team can happen without this contrived expedition. It may have hastened it, but that probably wasn't necessary.
BigTimeAlum
AG
GoT has become the perfect case study on why crowd sourcing is infinitely better that a few smart people doing something on their own. We can all Watch this stuff and think of 100 ways it could have been done better. Yes, 99% of what we say is garbage, but when you have millions of us, someone is going to say something way better than any professional writer.

That said, most idiots could write better plots than D&D did this season.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The problem is threefold.

1. GRRM has taken too long to write the books so we have theorized every single outcome that can possibly happen. So it becomes "predictable" when the plot does develop.

2. There is no longer a set story that the writers are supposed to follow. We blame the writers even though we likely would have held our suspension of disbelief if GRRM had written it.

3. This is exacerbated by the fact that there are likely a holes on here who have read the Reddit spoilers and act like they are making predictions instead of just posting spoilers.

I think this is one of the best seasons to date.
redline248
AG
Tyrion, the master strategist, the man who convinced the mountain clan to fight for him, who devised the trap on the Blackwater and has been the equal of Varys and Littlefinger...had the dumbest idea ever to be imagined in all of Westeros. Martin should be ashamed he ever let it get to this point.

I told y'all last week you were going to be disappointed about Arya and Sansa, and now some of you are doubling down. I hate it, but they are doing exactly what Littlefinger wants. Too bad Bran doesn't give a sh-t about anyone.

Bronn pulling Jaime a mile underwater was bad enough, now Jon manages to shake free of a bunch of zombies dragging his ass underwater and pops up right next to his sword.

I love this show, but it's got so much bullsh-t happening lately.
Urban Ag
AG
I agree, even as a book nerd I am still loving this. It's good tv. The exchanges in the last episode between Thormund and the Hound and Beric and Jon were fantastic. I literally hang on anything Davos has to say. Even Thoros is captivating in the small role he plays. So many fine actors doing these epic characters justice.

Also, the exchange between Jon and Dany on the ship was very genuine IMO. Very well acted.

Urban Ag
AG
This season definitely has flaws but followers are getting a little too cynical.

As for Sansa/Arya, I will say this:
- Arya is testing Sansa
- Sansa does not believe Arya will kill her
- Arya's last words in Bravos were "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I am going home"
- Arya knows LF is plotting. Sansa knows LF is plotting
- The only reason LF is still alive is because Sansa suffers him until she can turn the Knights of the Vale against him - and that is it. She bloody hates him.
- Arya probably gets all of that
- :F dies soon.

My two cents
bangobango
AG
claym711 said:

The idea that Arya and Sansa, after all that has gone on, are plotting to kill one another, if that's what's actually going on, is assenine. About as ******ed as Dany riding a dragon over that distance in a day or so and finding the needle in the haystack just in the nick of time...could there have been anything more predictable? Yes, it was that Jon Snow doesn't die...after falling under ice and riding a horse in sub freezing wet clothes for a day+......entertaining and super cool visuals, but garbage writing.

Just to pile on, why the fuq do they take time to row Jon all the way out onto a ship before they strip him down and put him under blankets?
HvilleAggie
AG
I avoided this thread the entire last week (over1,000 missed posts), and yet why was I NOT surprised when certain HOLY **** moments happened this episode??

Probably because a couple of ****** bags decided to "enlighten" us with their "theories" that were clearly spoilers from the leaked scripts. Congratulations you dillweeds, you got me good. I'm not going to take the energy to search who exactly said what, but the fact that this is the only GoT resource I peruse outside of The Ringer (who makes a point to not spoil a ******* thing mind you) and yet I still wasn't surprised by this game-changer of an episode says all you need to know about this thread.

Nothing is safe.
Bregxit
AG
HvilleAggie said:

I avoided this thread the entire last week (over1,000 missed posts), and yet why was I NOT surprised when certain HOLY **** moments happened this episode??

Probably because a couple of ****** bags decided to "enlighten" us with their "theories" that were clearly spoilers from the leaked scripts. Congratulations you dillweeds, you got me good. I'm not going to take the energy to search who exactly said what, but the fact that this is the only GoT resource I peruse outside of The Ringer (who makes a point to not spoil a ******* thing mind you) and yet I still wasn't surprised by this game-changer of an episode says all you need to know about this thread.

Nothing is safe.
So you are going to beetch and moan and not specify who you are beetching and moaning about? You cannot even recall a specific "spoiler"?

Solid post though maybe a bit too much drama sauce.
Joseph Parrish
AG
So this will never happen. There's no chance of it.

When the dragon went down, he was breathing fire. After the spear punctured his body, his body erupted in flames. That would imply that the spear punctured whatever it is that creates fire inside the dragon. We also know that the dead do not heal from their wounds (example: wights, ice bear, and the horses the WW ride). So this "ice dragon" should never be able to breathe fire (or blue flames) again without it also coming out of the side of his body.

But since that would look ridiculous, I bet they just ignore that part next season.

***The video below is just the dragon scene.

redline248
AG
Urban Ag said:

This season definitely has flaws but followers are getting a little too cynical.

As for Sansa/Arya, I will say this:
- Arya is testing Sansa
- Sansa does not believe Arya will kill her
- Arya's last words in Bravos were "I am Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I am going home"
- Arya knows LF is plotting. Sansa knows LF is plotting
- The only reason LF is still alive is because Sansa suffers him until she can turn the Knights of the Vale against him - and that is it. She bloody hates him.
- Arya probably gets all of that
- :F dies soon.

My two cents

Maybe it's b/c there is not enough to time to give a little foreshadowing, due to all the plots with Dany and Jon, but the only thing we have seen is Sansa telling Bran that LF doesn't give anything away for free, and we've seen Arya following him as he has conversations around the castle. If they have some super surprise "ah ha" moment that Sansa and Arya set up...it will be out of left field with no set up whatsoever. Sansa sneaking into Arya's room and snooping is not the action of someone playing a long con against LF.

That, or the people calling for a double-double cross are posting spoilers.

IMO.
Joseph Parrish
AG
It actually hit the base of his neck, but either way the logic should still work.
redline248
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

When the dragon went down, he was breathing fire. After the spear punctured his his body, his body erupted in flames. That would imply that the spear punctured whatever it is that creates fire inside the dragon. We also know that the dead do not heal from their wounds (example: wights, ice bear, and the horses the WW ride). So this "ice dragon" should never be able to breathe fire (or blue flames) again without it also coming out of the side of his body.

But since that would look ridiculous, I bet they just ignore that part next season.
I also wanted to touch on the raised dragon. In my mind, it shouldn't be able to "breathe" anything...fire or otherwise. The dead don't breathe. However, it's a tv show and there's magic involved, so anything is fair game.
HvilleAggie
AG
dlance said:

HvilleAggie said:

Nothing is safe.
So you are going to beetch and moan and not specify who you are beetching and moaning about? You cannot even recall a specific "spoiler"?

Touch. I was definitely speaking from a place of emotion.

Specific spoilers include, in no specific order:
1) white walkers owning a dragon
2) dany rescuing the ranging party
3) Jon and dany making serious strides towards falling in L-O-V-E
4) uncle benjen saving the day for Jon a la Bronn for Jamie
5) arya and Sansa squabbling

Some readers of this thread will call me naive for not seeing these plot development sooner. I suspect many will agree that reading it before seeing it cheapens the thrill.

I used to count on this space for discussion about what had happened in the show and what it could mean. I feel a bit cheated by a few that decided glory was tantamount to honor, and it sucks that it happened among Aggies.

Hell, I'll probably get flamed for calling out Aggies. Whatever, those guilty know what they did and live with it. I speak for the passive minority that are annoyed with the actions of **********s yet try to enjoy the show with fellow Aggies despite the selfish actions of a few.

Here's to a season finale that won't disappoint (anyone)!!!
Bregxit
AG
HvilleAggie said:

dlance said:

HvilleAggie said:

Nothing is safe.

Some readers of this thread will call me naive for not seeing these plot development sooner. I suspect many will agree that reading it before seeing it cheapens the thrill.

I used to count on this space for discussion about what had happened in the show and what it could mean. I feel a bit cheated by a few that decided glory was tantamount to honor, and it sucks that it happened among Aggies.

Hell, I'll probably get flamed for calling out Aggies. Whatever, those guilty know what they did and live with it. I speak for the passive minority that are annoyed with the actions of **********s yet try to enjoy the show with fellow Aggies despite the selfish actions of a few.

1, 2 and 3 were stupid obvious and should be no surprise when they were speculated. I don't recall 4 being put out there. And 5, when have they NOT squabbled?
PatAg
AG
HvilleAggie said:

dlance said:

HvilleAggie said:

Nothing is safe.

All of these plot points, except the stupid arya and sansa, are things that are pretty easy to predict.
That being said, there definitely are some clowns out there pretending to guess while using spoilers (guessing a plot point isn't spoiling. Reading hacked scripts and posting them as guesses is spoiling)
Bregxit
AG
redline248 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

When the dragon went down, he was breathing fire. After the spear punctured his his body, his body erupted in flames. That would imply that the spear punctured whatever it is that creates fire inside the dragon. We also know that the dead do not heal from their wounds (example: wights, ice bear, and the horses the WW ride). So this "ice dragon" should never be able to breathe fire (or blue flames) again without it also coming out of the side of his body.

I also wanted to touch on the raised dragon. In my mind, it shouldn't be able to "breathe" anything...fire or otherwise. The dead don't breathe. However, it's a tv show and there's magic involved, so anything is fair game.
The wights have been making growling, gurgling, screeching noises since they first appeared in the show.

Regarding the fire pouring out of Viserion...I'll have to go back and read but I thought I remembered Drogon's blood burning the spears when he was attacked in the Meereen fighting pits. Am I making that up in my head? Could the fire have just been his blood initially igniting upon exit from his body?
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.